Found Deceased OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024 #4 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO...Grice is not cooperating. IMO, his anti-government beliefs are too strong to allow him to flip. IMO, Grice was likely a key leader of God's Misfits. For some reason, LE was unable to corroborate CW's statements that Grice was involved (they used cell data to corroborate the others' involvement) and they are continuing to gather evidence on him. IMO, this "mission" was a group effort of God's Misfits and more names will likely be linked. IMO, there was a reason LE rolled up to make arrests in armored vehicles..

IMO, of course.
Look at past undercover LE - the former treasurer of the Mongol Motorcycle gang was an undercover DEA Agent

I am curious if Wrangler made those statements to his grandmother in a "WTF" kinda way. It doesn't seem like his mother and him are close or that she is doing all this for him.. seems his mom is selfish and doing this for HER.. so he has to know that right? He has seen her wrath and been likely a target of it since it seems she wants the kids to herself.

I wonder if his mom is just spouting off stuff to him like I am going to handle Veronica, I know where this judge lives.. blah blah blah and we won't have to worry about this anymore and so on to Wrangler and then he tells his grandmother more in a "my mom is crazy.. do you believe all this crap she says".. and then grandma tells LE so they are aware.

I hope we find out more because the AA wasn't super clear on how that all went down, but it sounds like his grandmother (who is his dads mom, not his moms mom) went right to police. So why would Wrangler tell her if he actually wanted his mom to take out Veronica or the judge?

PS: I also can see how someone already in trouble with the police wouldn't call them to say his mom was making these wild statements. He might have thought HE would be in trouble too because it's his mom. Just a different perspective I was thinking about. In following many cases over the years those that are in trouble with LE or fear being in trouble hesitate more to come forward and he was in jail or on probation (not sure the exact timing of his jail/probation/rehab) and might have feared saying something.

Last edited:
They didn't listen to her concerns.

I'd like to hear what the Sheriff has to say now about his stupid comment.
Though with 20/20 hindsight, his comments about there not being a threat were wrong, I thinks its unfair to say they were "stupid".

In the end, Law Enforcement must make decisions every day regarding efficient use of resources. These decisions must be made by humans with out crystal balls and magic wands.

The Sheriff seemed to have based his decision on: A lack of violent history regarding the individuals. Lack of any evidence of truly threatening behavior.

I live in an ubber large city. There are alot of police, but there are probably hundreds (if not more) custody exchanges being made every week between parents involved in nasty divorces. One of those people making such an exchange is a family friend.

Yet..... can law enforcement be expected to appear at her exchange and hundreds of others like her based on: Divorce went south, ex is unpleasant, ex is non cooperative, ex pursues his legal interests relentlessly, He might...?

In a perfect world, the answer would be "yes". In the real world however.....

Last edited:
Tangentially related reporting:
Brian Entin of NewsNation: “I
spoke with Municipal Judge Vincent Forbes. He knew Tad Collum -- one of the suspects accused of killing the Kansas moms. He was at Tad's house when the raid happened. Asked him about "God's Misfits" the anti government group suspects were in. Will have more on @newsnation.”
And- after that post “Judge Forbes tells me after he did this interview with me, the mayor asked for his resignation and he resigned. Keep in mind -- this municipal judge has nothing to do professionally in his role as a judge with the Kansas mom’s case and did not talk about anything work related.”

I think its possibly relevant that while custody was clearly at issue, I do think the primary issue were underlying financial issues associated with generational wealth tied up in Trusts and possibly involving the two WR children with VB that TA DID NOT want to be in any control of VB.

We have no knowledge of the family Trusts and associated income but there was a statement made in Court by WR about how he was leaving his portion of the Trust to his 'son' (no mention of daughter iirc).

I've been trying to untangle the underlying land holdings of TA and affiliated entities and its a maze but there are 1,000s of acres of land involved just in OK (haven't made it to CO or AZ where she is believed to also have holdings) along with a very active land leasing business so far as I can tell.

As they say, "Money Makes the World Go Round" and I do very much think that control or perceived control of children was what possibly set TA off into a tailspin to exclude VB from the actual and financial lives of the children.

Hope we learn more at eventual trial.

MOO
I do believe those of us following this case really do want to see it through alllllll the way until the end. Getting a handle on understanding the generational wealth and how itat end up getting dispersed will definitely be part of this whole saga.
But I hope we learn more here, rather than having to wait for the inevitable books to be published.

I do wonder if she was savvy enough near the end of her earthly freedom to put new plans in motion....

I do think it's possible that Grice is cooperating NOW with LE. I think he could have backed out and maybe he didn't go that day after all and once things went down, he went into hiding.. or he played along for a while and then he came forward to say what he knew and he kept an eye on them AFTER the murders and BEFORE the arrests. That I can believe.. he's MIA now because he's in PC. I think he was young and new to the group and it's more likely he backed out once he realized they were serious and people were going to die..
Do we know he is in PC..any MSm verification?

Do we know he is in PC..any MSm verification?
No, we were just discussing possible reasons he is named as being involved in the AA, but isn't arrested and then at the presser LE stated at this time they don't expect other arrests. I can't think of many reasons why a person would be named as being involved in discussing a crime and even named as being at the crime and then NOT be charged with anything at all. Even if he helped plan it or was at meetings where it was discussed and then he backed out the day of it was still a crime. There is also no mention in the AA of him giving a statement or talking to LE.. it's like he's mentioned and then nothing else is said.

I do think it's possible that Grice is cooperating NOW with LE. I think he could have backed out and maybe he didn't go that day after all and once things went down, he went into hiding.. or he played along for a while and then he came forward to say what he knew and he kept an eye on them AFTER the murders and BEFORE the arrests. That I can believe.. he's MIA now because he's in PC. I think he was young and new to the group and it's more likely he backed out once he realized they were serious and people were going to die..

If he was recognized as the weakest link within the group of misfits, he’d also be the one who they’d try throw under the bus first. JMO

No, we were just discussing possible reasons he is named as being involved in the AA, but isn't arrested and then at the presser LE stated at this time they don't expect other arrests. I can't think of many reasons why a person would be named as being involved in discussing a crime and even named as being at the crime and then NOT be charged with anything at all. Even if he helped plan it or was at meetings where it was discussed and then he backed out the day of it was still a crime. There is also no mention in the AA of him giving a statement or talking to LE.. it's like he's mentioned and then nothing else is said.
I'm wondering why mention him in the PCA at all if he's in PC, though?

Tangentially related reporting:
Brian Entin of NewsNation: “I
spoke with Municipal Judge Vincent Forbes. He knew Tad Collum -- one of the suspects accused of killing the Kansas moms. He was at Tad's house when the raid happened. Asked him about "God's Misfits" the anti government group suspects were in. Will have more on @newsnation.”
And- after that post “Judge Forbes tells me after he did this interview with me, the mayor asked for his resignation and he resigned. Keep in mind -- this municipal judge has nothing to do professionally in his role as a judge with the Kansas mom’s case and did not talk about anything work related.”

Emphasis by me. Just wow. I wonder what brought the judge to Tad's home that day? Did Tad have some clue the raid was about to go down and wanted his heavy hitter friend present? Did he not know the raid was going down and simply happened to have his friend, the judge, over when it went down?

I get it small area/population and all but sheesh, the judge must have been gobsmacked when the armored trucks pulled up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
findtrvthh