Found Deceased OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024 #4 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
TC told the landowner he was being looked at in the case. So, the two of them have known.

What's that about? Please explain for me.

As for the judge, I don't make much of it. It's a small community where everybody knows everybody (or thinks they do). I saw on Tifany's FB page some pic of signs opposing a tax increase (who doesn't!) and people may have thought that that was what the four of them were up to in their little group. IOW, innocuous "anti government" stuff like opposing stuff passed by the county board of commissioners and whatnot.
Tad had gone to the landowner he rents from and requested permission to take out a tree and do some digging. I believe he was going to finish up with concrete. His dirt moving equipment skid something would be left there. The day after the murder ( I believe I have the date right ) Ted went back to the landowner promised to remove the skid dirt moving equipment thing. Tad also told Mr Beasley the landowner that he was being looked at in The disappearance of the two women. They agreed that Mr Beasley would tell LE tad had removed a tree and done work for him if law enforcement came around asking. It actually appears had was preparing the pre-dug hole for the two murder victims. The point was that Tiffany and tad were both aware they will being scrutinized.

Yes, interesting that a Judge had to be 'imported' from KS and this article was a head scratcher when I read it a couple of weeks ago. But, maybe the population is such that there were no viable local candidates or others from OK that wanted to go to Cimarron County? IDK.

But, its this Judge that I believe has had the 24/7 LE protection.

MOO

There are three types of judges that one may encounter at an Oklahoma District Court. In order of highest authority they are:

1. a District Judge
2. an Associate District Judge and
3. a Magistrate Judge.

Both District and Associate District Judges are either elected or appointed. There is not a whole lot of difference between an Associate and District Judge, they can both handle the most serious felony and civil cases, the major difference is the District judges are also paid more.

Cimarron County Judge Larson (appointed in 2019) per OP's quoted link has been front and center in the family Court matters here, and she's not presiding over the initial appearance of the defendants.

Per the docket, they will appear before Texas County Judge Clark Jett, appointed Associate Judge by the Governor in 2012.

(The First Judicial District includes rural Cimarron, Beaver, Harper, and Texas Counties).

And it seems Clark had quite the audience when sworn in.

Tritto.

I do expect the prosecutor to know the terrain and move for a change of venue if required by local biases or fears of reprisal.

OTOH, these are two young mums, one local to the area and one a pastor's wife, which would seem to mitigate the (self)righteous justifications of the Misfit crew.

Either way, hoping ol' Friend of Tad, the municipal court judge, is ineligible for jury duty. And his friends. And their friends. Etc.

I think this is a big reason why it just isn't enough that those four are locked up as of right now, because so many others failed Veronica for years and Jilian that horrible day. Maybe it's me but it's been more difficult to let this one go with their arrests. So many decisions for years led to this point. It's not enough others have to live with a guilty conscious because there could have been a very different outcome if someone had taken the time to just listen to Veronica and even Wrangler at times.
Why Wrangler? Granted, I don't know much but I thought all that he's known to have said is that Veronica wouldn't be a problem for much longer (said to his grandmother, which he now denies every saying). My impression of him was that he was very much part of the problem. From what I've read, it sounded, to me, like the court was very fair with Veronica and her rights to visitation and creating a path to get her kids back.

That was my question as well. Are all the marital assets in his name?

Even if they are in his name only, would he be allowed legally to "gift" some to CT to fund her own defense? I am curious about laws around this.

MOO.
He may have financial status independent of his wife. It's a second marriage so their marital assets quite possibly might not include any assets he had before. His trucking company, land holdings, etc may be held separate from what is/has been acquired during the marriage. That would be the only way I can see her declaring herself indigent. As for gifting her money, there's a limit on what he can give without paying the government (that very government he's not fond of) a gift tax. I doubt he would want to give Uncle Sam anymore than he has to and if I were Uncle Sam, I'd start looking into his tax history just in case there has been any "evasion" that might hang him up.
moo

Cora also looked angry as all get out in her mug shot. IMO, I bet she is soooo angry at her daughter and angry at herself for trusting her daughter. Now add on a husband who can afford to hire his own legal representation while she has to take whatever she gets. Yep, she mad.
She looked as though she was spitting daggers. I think she will want her revenge even if it means her going down anyway, which she will. I think she will talk and try throwing the rest under the bus.

So, when Cora's daughter told LE her mom said "it didn't go as planned", maybe that's because Grice backed out of whatever vile plan they had, never showed up and things went differently. Maybe that's why he was never charged with anything, because he spilled the beans on the whole deal?

Just guessing at possible reasons he wasn't charged along with the rest of the Misfit crew.
The 16 year old said he was there at the failed murder attempt in February. I wouldn't surprise me if he was there at the murders. Either way, he was a party to the conspiracy to commit murder. So, try to think how it might that someone is involved in a terrible crime but would be in a position to make him untouchable.

The only one's that I've heard about who knew anything were the 16 year old and Wrangler's grandmother. Are there any others? Also, how long was it, after the murders, before the four were arrested?
The murders happened on March 30, and the Arrest Warrants are dated April 12. We know that some of the booking dates happened on Saturday, April 13.

Tritto.

I do expect the prosecutor to know the terrain and move for a change of venue if required by local biases or fears of reprisal.

OTOH, these are two young mums, one local to the area and one a pastor's wife, which would seem to mitigate the (self)righteous justifications of the Misfit crew.

Either way, hoping ol' Friend of Tad, the municipal court judge, is ineligible for jury duty. And his friends. And their friends. Etc.
"Tritto" ... love it !! :D

Agreed re. the likelihood of a change of venue being realistic and maybe necessary ?
Esp. in that town !
Omo.

Not hinting at anyone specifically, but since it's a known fact that the FBI infiltrates fringe groups, especially those with religious and/or anti government leanings, it makes me wonder if a fed had infiltrated this group - especially since it appears to be larger than we originally thought.
^^^THIS

<modsnip - quoted post was off topic>

I agree that I thought Cole looked smug. He wasn't afraid of the camera, at one moment looking directly at it.
Tad, made a polite greeting to one of the LE officers.

ETA corrected spelling.
Are you talking about video of them entering or leaving court? Is there a link to that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Cora must not have her name on any of the property or businesses to qualify for a Public Defender. This may be the reason she appeared so angry when leaving the Courthouse? The rest of them have the money to try to get themselves the best legal representation and obviously none of them, including her husband, are willing to pay for her to have an Attorney. Maybe she is cooperating with LE and telling them what happened now that she is in jail?
Yes, that's very odd that being married, she wouldn't also have her own lawyer. In what state does a spouse not have access to the martial assets (in this case, money)? I'll say this much: she looks mean and based on the things she told her daughter, she's a total sociopath.

They look very different from their filtered FB photos
The first case I ever followed where the mug shot was so drastically different than the heavily filtered FB pics was the Heather Elvis case, where Tammy Moorer and her husband were prime suspects. It was truly stunning.

Ever since then, I call it the Moorer effect. Mug shots make you look more (er) like your real self.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member