Found Deceased OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024 #4 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a rumour that came from a victim's family, on the day of the arrests.

JMO
Yeah. That one said that she admitted to killing them. This is a bit different in that it says she admits responsibility for their deaths.

We know she’s responsible, but this doesn’t yet confirm that she physically did it.

Whoa...

From the article:

Newly obtained court documents by KSN reveal that one of the suspects in the case of missing Kansas women, Veronica Butler and Jilian Kelley, admitted responsibility for their deaths.

In the motions to hold defendants Cole Twombly, Cora Twombly, Tad Cullum and Tifany Adams without bail, it is stated in part that Adams “did provide a recorded statement to law enforcement indicating her responsibility for the death of the deceased.

What Adams said in the recorded statement was not revealed in the court documents.
Sounds as though Tifany's not planning on going to trial.

Whoa...

From the article:

Newly obtained court documents by KSN reveal that one of the suspects in the case of missing Kansas women, Veronica Butler and Jilian Kelley, admitted responsibility for their deaths.

In the motions to hold defendants Cole Twombly, Cora Twombly, Tad Cullum and Tifany Adams without bail, it is stated in part that Adams “did provide a recorded statement to law enforcement indicating her responsibility for the death of the deceased.

What Adams said in the recorded statement was not revealed in the court documents.
Do you know if we'll be privy to those documents ?

Certainly doesn’t. It’s rare that the principal is the first to give it up. It’s usually the other players, although here, pretty much everyone is responsible, and they’re all just as legally responsible.

But this was her baby, and she was the first to roll over.

Yeah. That one said that she admitted to killing them. This is a bit different in that it says she admits responsibility for their deaths.

We know she’s responsible, but this doesn’t yet confirm that she physically did it.
Yeah, pretty hard to parse out what mattered to a victim's mother, vs how legal docs are written, vs what TA herself was trying to convey. Was she overcome by remorse, or trying to get the other's let off?

JMO

Certainly doesn’t. It’s rare that the principal is the first to give it up. It’s usually the other players, although here, pretty much everyone is responsible, and they’re all just as legally responsible.

I think she is proud of what she did. No regrets.

Yeah, pretty hard to parse out what mattered to a victim's mother, vs how legal docs are written, vs what TA herself was trying to convey. Was she overcome by remorse, or trying to get the other's let off?

JMO
I think she was bragging. I doubt there's an ounce of remorse in her. She was determined to kill that poor woman and she did, and she was proud of herself for doing it.

To me she appears to be strutting, don't touch me toward a female deputy, and bragging about her deeds.

This entire operation is just bizarre. I do think if she was planning to confess she should have warned her crew (maybe did, who knows)

JMO
Could be the latter, as I don’t think she has a remorseful bone in her body.

My take on TA from the beginning was that she wants the glory, and her defense is simple: MARTYR.

She's long been painting herself as the protector of the children from alleged SA who was willing to give up her freedom, if necessary. And she determined that March 30 was the "necessary date."

What an evil, coward. JMO

My take on TA from the beginning was that she wants the glory, and her defense is simple: MARTYR.

She's long been painting herself as the protector of the children from alleged SA who was willing to give up her freedom, if necessary. And she determined that March 30 was the "necessary date."

Wonder if this is the reason for Cole Twombley's smirk?

Do you know if we'll be privy to those documents ?
I know I've followed other OK cases where we've seen pdf's of the motions posted but they're not doing that in this case. Just the court entries. MOO

CF-2024-00072
ADAMS, TIFANY MACHEL - OSCN Case Details

CF-2024-00071
CULLUM, TAD BERT - OSCN Case Details

No. CF-2024-00070
TWOMBLY, COLE EARL - OSCN Case Details

04/17/2024TEXTCM: MINUTE/ORDER
IA & BRILL HRG. OIDS APPT'D. BAIL IS ORDERED DENIED. ATTY STATUS HRG SET 5/15/2024 AT 9:00 A.M.
Pursuant to 12 O.S. § 39, Document Available at Court Clerk's Office
04/17/2024TEXTINITIAL APPEARANCE
04/17/2024TEXTCONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS
04/17/2024TEXTORDER APPOINTING ATTORNEY

CF-2024-00073
TWOMBLY, CORA GAYLE - OSCN Case Details

04/17/2024TEXTCM: MINUTE/ORDER
IA & BRILL HRG. OIDS APPT'D AS COUNSEL. BAIL IS ORDERED DENIED. STATUS HRG SET 5/15/2024 AT 9:00 A.M.
04/17/2024TEXTINITIAL APPEARANCE
04/17/2024TEXTCONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS
04/17/2024TEXTAPPLICATION FOR APPOINTED COUNSEL AND AFFIDAVIT OF
FINANCIAL INABILITY TO EMPLOY COUNSEL (O.I.D.S. ATTY)
(FEE WAIVED)
04/17/2024TEXTORDER APPOINTING ATTORNEY

(I have omitted the indigent defense fund court fees)

And now the children are most likely going to stay permanently with Veronica's family, the family that includes the alleged abuser, and TA won't be there to protect them from anyone because she'll never take a breath of free air again.

But somehow that made sense to her, and at least three other people.

And now the children are most likely going to stay permanently with Veronica's family, the family that includes the alleged abuser, and TA won't be there to protect them from anyone because she'll never take a breath of free air again.

But somehow that made sense to her, and at least three other people.
It's remarkable how she was able to justify Jillian's death to everyone else: They then "asked about Kelley and why she had to die and was told by Cora that she wasn't innocent either, as she had supported Butler."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member