Found Deceased OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024 #4 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if this is the reason for Cole Twombley's smirk?

Could be. We know for TA this is about control and she made certain with her taped confession on the date of her arrest that nobody was going to be "first to talk"-- especially about her deeds (with any hope to save themselves). Nope, TA was going to speak for herself, and she was going to speak first. JMO

Yes, the custody dispute would be small-time drama that interfered with a larger operation and target.

I could be wrong but IMO this group was nothing more than a private social club with a catchy name so to speak, where injustices and grievances were shared, not a dangerous front for terrorism or anything like that. Eventually TA somehow convinced the Twombleys needed to help save/rescue her grandchildren before the “evil one” got custody. JMO

“Despite the ominous name, it’s likely that the ideology of the group “God’s Misfits” had little to do with the kidnapping and killing of two Kansas women, according to NewsNation legal analyst Jesse Weber.”

TA told them she did it?
Another source:

APR 17, 2024
During an interview with investigators, Adams, the children’s grandmother, admitted she was responsible for the deaths of Butler and Kelley, according to a prosecutor’s motion for the defendants to be held without bond.

“Adams, Cullum, Cora and Cole have resources sufficient to organize and execute a complex murder,” OSBI Lt. Amie Gates wrote in an affidavit. “Therefore, they also have the resources to flee if given the opportunity.”

Adam and Cullum also own numerous firearms, and Cullum had a rifle, ammunition, body armor and a “go-bag” prepared at his home, the affidavit says.

I know I've followed other OK cases where we've seen pdf's of the motions posted but they're not doing that in this case. Just the court entries. MOO

CF-2024-00072
ADAMS, TIFANY MACHEL - OSCN Case Details

CF-2024-00071
CULLUM, TAD BERT - OSCN Case Details

No. CF-2024-00070
TWOMBLY, COLE EARL - OSCN Case Details

04/17/2024TEXTCM: MINUTE/ORDER
IA & BRILL HRG. OIDS APPT'D. BAIL IS ORDERED DENIED. ATTY STATUS HRG SET 5/15/2024 AT 9:00 A.M.
Pursuant to 12 O.S. § 39, Document Available at Court Clerk's Office
04/17/2024TEXTINITIAL APPEARANCE
04/17/2024TEXTCONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS
04/17/2024TEXTORDER APPOINTING ATTORNEY

CF-2024-00073
TWOMBLY, CORA GAYLE - OSCN Case Details

04/17/2024TEXTCM: MINUTE/ORDER
IA & BRILL HRG. OIDS APPT'D AS COUNSEL. BAIL IS ORDERED DENIED. STATUS HRG SET 5/15/2024 AT 9:00 A.M.
04/17/2024TEXTINITIAL APPEARANCE
04/17/2024TEXTCONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS
04/17/2024TEXTAPPLICATION FOR APPOINTED COUNSEL AND AFFIDAVIT OF
FINANCIAL INABILITY TO EMPLOY COUNSEL (O.I.D.S. ATTY)
(FEE WAIVED)
04/17/2024TEXTORDER APPOINTING ATTORNEY

(I have omitted the indigent defense fund court fees)

I'm also surprised that they assigned each defendant their own case number. Is this a hint that they do not intend to try the defendants as a group under the felony murder statute?

If tried separately, I suppose that leaves room for one, or more, to receive a harsher punishment (i.e., death), than another defendant.

I guess time will tell. JMO

Noting:

The prosecutor says the suspects lured Butler and Kelley to Highway 95 and Road L and took them to another location, where they died from their injuries.

He also said the planning of this murder went from February 13 to March 30...

That is very cruel and the reason for the kidnapping charges.

I hope flashbacks of the agony they caused these two victims forever haunt these four in their darkest hours.

That is very cruel and the reason for the kidnapping charges.

I hope flashbacks of the agony they caused these two victims forever haunt these four in their darkest hours.
I think they’ll always be able to justify it, and their blame will be on the government that is prosecuting them.

They’ll just regret getting caught.

BBM
Prosecutors say there were many attempts made to take Veronica’s life. Other court documents show the years of turmoil between Veronica and Tiffany, but efforts to secure a protection order did not get approved by a judge.

KSN Anchor Julia Thatcher was in Oklahoma Wednesday. She, alongside other reporters, was able to talk to Clinton Butler, Veronica Butler’s dad.

Q: Do you feel like the justice system failed Veronica?

A: One hundred percent.

Q: Was it always like that?

A: In the last five years, yes.

Q: What would you say to the justice system?

A: They don’t want to know. I have to get off here right now.

I think they’ll always be able to justify it, and their blame will be on the government that is prosecuting them.

They’ll just regret getting caught.
This is sort of infuriating to me. There's no reasoning with them because they, or TA at the very least, seem to truly believe the loss of life was necessary and justified.

It feels very unsatisfying for them to be arrested and charged with such terrible things, because to them, this is all part of the persecution complex. Always someone or something else to blame, because they don't believe they're governed under the same laws or principles as anyone else.

It seems that all 4 could afford good legal representation so I was wondering about all 4 being assigned public defenders. Maybe not wanting to spend up all they have for a defense when they know they won't win? But saving the money for what, when it looks like they won't get to use it anytime soon? Just curious about this. I expected at least TA to provide her own lawyer.
Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Adams, Cullum, and Cole Twombly will hire their own attorneys. Cora Twombly said she is indigent, so the court will appoint an attorney to represent her.
Wow. So her husband is going to hire an attorney and just throw her to th

How does that work?

If they're married -- are their finances not shared?
According to ColeT's Facebook, Cole and Cora are in a Covenant Marriage which is something over and above a regular marriage.

Maybe Cole dumped Cora because of stepdaughter?

. Was she overcome by remorse, or trying to get the other's let off?
Sounds to me more like she was claiming credit for doing the deed! Just like ISIS & other terrorist groups are known to do sometimes, after they commit some atrocity or another. Sometimes, immediately afterward, we'll see a public announcement by some group that they were the ones who did it. They want it to be known. They're BOASTING. Because they're proud of themselves.
That's how I see it in TA's case... she's not confessing, so much as she is bragging. IMO.

If he was a federal informant, involved in a local murder, it would be possible that the info got released, as a matter of course, and the feds were the last know and quick put the kibosh on any further talk about him or an arrest. Again, that's nothing but speculation as he remains the mystery man. It's very fishy, that's for sure.

The fishiness and mystery are driving the wild speculation. That's natural. When there's an obvious fact vacuum--theories spring up to fill it.

The options as I see them -- in the order of likelihood are as follows:

• PG was involved with the group and started singing, but the feds cut a deal that they're not ready to reveal. He's in witness protection. Somewhere.
  • PG was not a plant but was weak, and the group sensed he might start singing, so they offed him. The FBI knows but is not ready to make it public.
  • PG was a plant (FBI, IRS, some other agency), and he was instrumental in getting the group to drop the February mission, but the group sensed he was weak and did not let him in on the latest mission. He's in PC.
We could go on all day -- and we probably will -- trying to figure out why this guy was listed as being a participant in the AA. Still, we know virtually nothing else about him, and LE says they're not looking at arresting anyone else.

So, he's dead or in custody of some sort.

All JMOO and pure speculation.

Certainly doesn’t. It’s rare that the principal is the first to give it up. It’s usually the other players, although here, pretty much everyone is responsible, and they’re all just as legally responsible.

But this was her baby, and she was the first to roll over.
I wonder if she's following her attorney's advice.

It's remarkable how she was able to justify Jillian's death to everyone else: They then "asked about Kelley and why she had to die and was told by Cora that she wasn't innocent either, as she had supported Butler."
That statement sticks in my mind as well. Because it reeks of vigilantism and lynch mob mentality.

Cora strikes me as someone who desperately wants to belong to the "in" group. She has that deindividuation personality flaw that overrides her sense of right and wrong.

All JMOO...

“To hold my brother back from jumping, there’s just too many emotions—so much anger,” she said. “I don’t understand how somebody can hate somebody so much that you want to kill them. My niece did not deserve that, and neither did the young lady with her.”

“I watched a bailiff try to reason with him to be quiet, whispering the word ‘please’ just loud enough that I could hear it from a few rows up,” Thatcher said. “I could still hear him whisper ‘she took my daughter’ when Tifany Adams walked through the doors.”

“How can you hate the mother of your grandchildren so much that you want to end her life?” Thompson said.

As for the four suspected of murdering her niece, she added, “They deserve to rot and burn in the depths of hell for all I care.”

"Jillian was not a normal pastor’s wife, I don’t think. I caught her several times on a motorcycle, which the first time caught me off guard a little bit," Beard said.

“I’m blown away that this even happened,” Forbes stated. “Tad was a very good friend of mine. I’m not gonna say he was a very good friend of mine. He is a good friend of mine

“The way I understand it, is they got God behind them, and they make their own laws. But now, again, that’s hearsay. I never knew about them,” Forbes said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FloridaThemisProject