Found Deceased OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024 #4 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe PG welded the hammer that was found broken near the victim's car. Assuming the victims were still alive during the 8+ mile transport to the burial site - he likely was not the direct cause of either death. Realizing he might otherwise be included among those who actually inflicted the fatal blows - he had a revealing conversation with LE.

I sure hope so.

LE needs better evidence than Cora's daughter's account of a conversation with her mother.

They need real eyewitness / participant testimony, preferably from more than 1 of them.

Maybe PG welded the hammer that was found broken near the victim's car. Assuming the victims were still alive during the 8+ mile transport to the burial site - he likely was not the direct cause of either death. Realizing he might otherwise be included among those who actually inflicted the fatal blows - he had a revealing conversation with LE.

That would still qualify as assault, wouldn't it?

Obviously this is pure speculation on my part, but it seems like the OSBI is saying the admission was pretty straight forward-
“"After her arrest on April 13, 2024, during a custodial interview, Adams made statements to law enforcement indicating she was responsible for the deaths of Butler and Kelley," Lt. Amie Gates wrote.”

I realize this isn’t a direct quote from TA herself, but there were earlier statements (upthread) that this admission to the OSBI was recorded.

ETA- source referencing her recorded statement:

In the motions to hold four defendants without bail, it is stated, in part, that suspect Tifany Adams, 54, “did provide a recorded statement to law enforcement indicating her responsibility for the death of the deceased.”

https://kfor.com/news/local/court-d...onsibility-for-death-of-missing-kansas-women/

Some of the MSM news are reporting that TA "confessed" to being responsible for the deaths, but to me it sounds like the LE statement was more nuanced.

Unless a deal was made I’m not sure how her taking responsibility would avoid DP? At the time this all played out the District Atty that addressed the Press was non committal imo on entire issue of DP but I do believe we heard confirmation that the charges involved were DP eligible.

Guess we will have to wait and see how this plays out and whether there will be a change in venue.

MOO
Yes, agree. But IMO after what earlier transpired with TA and her family’s prior treatment of VB, preparation and planning for the murders, and the quick investigation I sure hope that NO DEAL was extended to this individual TA, nor any of her crew or accomplices. Seems IMO that they have earned a full ride on the tragic surreal rollercoaster that they built. MOO

She was the one who told the torrid tale to her daughter though and the daughter gave her interview implicating all of them. Maybe that was against their misfit rules. Sure think that could backfire though.
Yes to this! And IMO based on the whole TA crew, it is hard to determine what looks ‘normal’ out there with that bunch? I wonder who else will possibly or eventually also be charged in these TA and team slayings.

Personally IMO I cannot muster any sympathy for any of them. Not after hearing what has been publicly released thus far. MOO

Maybe it's just me, having come from a very small town, but I don't see a single thing wrong with what this judge said. I only wish it wouldn't have been a televised interview, because now, folks are saying even more outrageous things about the guy.

jmo
I agree with you. He obviously had a positive relationship with TC. I assumed he was giving him legal advice. I certainly wouldn’t abandon a friend over rumors and suspicion. Once he was arrested, and I saw the evidence, I would reevaluate.

“"After her arrest on April 13, 2024, during a custodial interview, Adams made statements to law enforcement indicating she was responsible for the deaths of Butler and Kelley," Lt. Amie Gates wrote.”
In the motions to hold four defendants without bail, it is stated, in part, that suspect Tifany Adams, 54, “did provide a recorded statement to law enforcement indicating her responsibility for the death of the deceased.”

https://kfor.com/news/local/court-d...onsibility-for-death-of-missing-kansas-women/
We need to remember that it is very early days yet. No pleas have been entered by any of the defendants.

Once TA hires an attorney and next appears in court, it's possible she will plead "Not Guilty" and claim she was not read her rights -- or properly Mirandized. Her attorney may work every angle to get the confession thrown out.

There are many, many steps and games still ahead from all the defendants.

Plus the DA and LE must study the autopsies, causes of death, and minute details to form their conclusions as to which defendant probably did what.

There may or may not be lots of conflicting statements from the defendants trying to work their own angle and throw their others "under the bus." Perhaps they'll all refuse to talk. Undoubtedly, if they talk, much will be lies. But, I'm guessing that in the fevered heat of the attacks, their brains may not allow them to recognize exactly what they did. I wonder if mental denial will play a big part.

So very far to go. . . .

Plus, Cora has perhaps seen that all that "all for one and one for all" talk of the group was just talk. They get arrested and those with money will hire their own attorneys. She, however, will be left to a public defender.
Remember - Cora may look like that because she is upset her daughter turned her in and upset she told her daughter what had happened

It's possible that the Cole T was able to get a private attorney based on his assets that he held prior to the marriage with Cora T - such as land/real estate or he could have inherited the land during the marriage and so it is personal property according to the law. If that is the case, he may have put up the land/real estate as a bond/lien to hire a private attorney. There may not have been enough jointly owned marital assets for Cora to hire a private attorney so she was eligible for a public defender. Or maybe they had a prenup so that the land would remain in Cole's family if he had siblings who expected to inherit the land some day.

Just speculation on my part.

Last edited:
It's possible that the Cole T was able to get a private attorney based on his assets that he held prior to the marriage with Cora T - such as land/real estate or he could have inherited the land during the marriage and so it is personal property according to the law. If that is the case, he may have put up the land/real estate as a bond/lien to hire a private attorney. There may not have been enough jointly owned marital assets for Cora to hire a private attorney so she was eligible for a public defender. Or maybe they had a prenup so that the land would remain in Cole's family if he had siblings who expected to inherit the land some day.

Just speculation on my part.
People keep saying how wealthy these four people are because they own millions of dollars worth of land. They may be land poor, though. IOW, just because they have millions of dollars worth of land, that doesn't necessarily mean they have much spare cash at all - especially because it appears they'd need a constant supply of lawyers for divorces, custody cases, etc.

The only one that looks maybe remorseful is Cora. But, then, maybe it's just a confused look, not knowing what to expect.
I don't see anything in her face except defiance and anger. She looks mad.
Both Cole & TA seem to have a look that is almost daring anyone to think they will actually be found guilty because they are too special/smart/important/whatever to end up convicted & in prison. TC is the only one who looks at all worried, but even with him I don't see remorse. It will be very interesting to see how he appears at his next court date and as the case moves forward.

Did he really know about the plan or was his mother the type to routinely talk tough and toss out verbal threats towards others and so he didn’t take her seriously? Or was that the only one time she made threatening comments - - context makes a big difference. ....
THANK YOU for bringing this up. Context is HUGE here. Some examples from my own experience: So the farming community I live in mostly consists of people who value a peaceful, law-abiding life. (Or at least giving off that appearance.) Public conversations and interactions are generally quiet and pleasant. Once a man, from what I knew to be a much rougher community, bought a local business here for one of his sons to run. But the local people were so horrified by the new owner's crass behavior and speach that they would hardly do business with him. He in turn had no idea what he was doing wrong because everyone talked that way at home.

In another part of the US where I temporarily lived, I myself was horrified at how I heard people talk to each other, especially their children. I heard one lady in Walmart repeatedly detail the beatings the child would get when she got home, and the last thing I heard her say was "I'm just gonna kill you after we leave!" None of the other shoppers (or her child) even turned their head. I soon realized that's how they all talked there. But back home, that woman likely would've had more than one person call LE on her!

So I do think it's highly likely that everyone around TA was long used to her tossing revenge/death threats around and nobody thought she'd actually do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member