Found Deceased OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024 #4 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if that's one of the things that didn't go as planned. The wanted to bury the car but for whatever reason couldn't. Seems like if they were able to get the hole 10 ft deep it would have been just as easy to make it wide enough. JMO
Tad brought a flatbed so it must have been to transport the car. There have to be hundreds of out buildings around there where it could have been stashed and driven away at a later date. Then again, why would they need flatbed when someone could just drive the car unless moving it on a flatbed would provide cover as though it was a just a car in need of repair on it's way to a garage. THAT makes me wonder if any of the Misfits runs an auto repair. Whatever happened, it seems like things were interrupted causing them to leave the car behind.

Makes complete sense in conjunction with her lie to investigator's. What model was the Kia?

I don’t notice a model description anywhere, other than the colour blue.

I hope I’ve pasted this correctly because if TA saw this alert prior to her arrest, she would’ve immediately known her “called to cancel” story was busted.

Tad brought a flatbed so it must have been to transport the car. There have to be hundreds of out buildings around there where it could have been stashed and driven away at a later date. Then again, why would they need flatbed when someone could just drive the car unless moving it on a flatbed would provide cover as though it was a just a car in need of repair on it's way to a garage. THAT makes me wonder if any of the Misfits runs an auto repair. Whatever happened, it seems like things were interrupted causing them to leave the car behind.
Is it possible that the original plan had been for someone to drive the car away, PG perhaps?, but once the side window was broken out, and perhaps the windshield shattered as well, especially if Jilian managed to get off a shot, as some think may have been possible, driving the car would have been impossible or far more likely to draw attention, and by that time, perhaps enough things had "not gone according to plan", and they felt the need to just get the two victims and get away from the site quickly, and did not have time to load the car onto the flatbed and take it. JMO

Last edited:
My guess is their victims surprised them by putting up a fight. So, there they were, mid-morning sunshine, clearly visible for traffic on a main road, engaging in possibly running, gunshots, hammers being wielded, screaming, etc. The perps needed to take it somewhere private. That's when two of the phones left the scene and went to the Callum place and one showed up at the Twombleys' place . . . which I can't figure out.

My guess is they needed to get to a more secure location before the cops arrived or a nosy parker came back the little road to see what was going on.

I think they were assigned court-appointed attorneys only for the 1st appearance , and then given the chance to either get their own attorneys or take appointed ones. Cora was the only one that said she wanted appointed one, 3 others want their own.
That's what I remember reading after the first appearance.

That would make sense, thank you for your explanation!

I'm glad you brought up the flatbed. I have some questions about that. 1) It is owned by Clint Twombly. Did Cole and Cora ask to use it and/or explain why they needed it? 2) I assume LE questioned Clint since his truck was involved, but no mention of that AFAIK, or did I miss it? MOO

AFFIDAVIT OF PROBABLE CAUSE FOR ARREST WARRANT | COLE EARL TWOMBLY (bottom of pg 2)

ETA: I don't think you can put a car on a flatbed. Are you thinking of a car-hauler?

Last edited:
And if they had been able to bury the car, I doubt they would have ever been found!
I'm not sure about that. In all of their infinite wisdom (NOT) they threw the burner phones in the hole too. I think it might have taken longer, but the end result would have been the same. Especially since Cora's brave daughter told all she knew. JMO

I'm glad you brought up the flatbed. I have some questions about that. 1) It is owned by Clint Twombly. Did Cole and Cora ask to use it and/or explain why they needed it? 2) I assume LE questioned Clint since his truck was involved, but no mention of that AFAIK, or did I miss it? MOO

AFFIDAVIT OF PROBABLE CAUSE FOR ARREST WARRANT | COLE EARL TWOMBLY (bottom of pg 2)

ETA: I don't think you can put a car on a flatbed. Are you thinking of a car-hauler?
Yeah, I guess, I am. I don't know anything about those big trucks but couldn't a flatbed have a ramp to drive a car up on it? Also, whatever happened to report about someone seeing one of those big cattle hauling trucks near the scene? There was speculation that the victims may have been moved in it. If one was there, who drove it and whose was it?

Yeah, I guess, I am. I don't know anything about those big trucks but couldn't a flatbed have a ramp to drive a car up on it? Also, whatever happened to report about someone seeing one of those big cattle hauling trucks near the scene? There was speculation that the victims may have been moved in it. If one was there, who drove it and whose was it?
I suppose there could be a ramp, but a "flatbed" to me is just a pickup without the tailgate and the sides around the bed. But, I'm no truck expert, lol.

I have really struggled to keep up with this thread and just vaguely remember the report about the cattle hauling truck. If anyone has a link to that, I would be most appreciative. MOO

The affadavit says owned by Clint Tombly. CW had to clean out the pickup owned by cora and cole. <modsnip - not in MSM>

Last edited by a moderator:
There were several posts upthread that a flatbed truck is NOT suitable to haul a car. I don’t remember why… or what the distinction is that makes flatbeds (as described in the AA) unable to haul cars, but those with more knowledge than myself had good descriptions and explanations for why they believed this would not be possible.

ETA link to one of these posts:
Post in thread 'OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024 #4 *Arrests*'
Found Deceased - OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024 #4 *Arrests*

The affadavit says owned by Clint Tombly. CW had to clean out the pickup owned by cora and cole. <modsnip - not in MSM>
It would be highly unusual for a rancher to have a flatbed with a roll away bed for loading a car. IMO
My bet is they were referring to a bale hauler, often called a flat bed, for hauling bales to feed cattle. JMO
1713585007416.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be highly unusual for a rancher to have a flatbed with a roll away bed for loading a car. IMO
My bet is they were referring to a bale hauler, often called a flat bed, for hauling bales to feed cattle. JMO
View attachment 498282
I think when people hear the word 'flatbed', their minds automatically go to the kind of flatbed they have most often seen, which is probably what we call a 'rollback', which is used by towing companies to load cars onto a flatbed. I agree with your thoughts that the picture above is more likely the type of flatbed these people probably had on their farm.. JMO

I suppose there could be a ramp, but a "flatbed" to me is just a pickup without the tailgate and the sides around the bed. But, I'm no truck expert, lol.

I have really struggled to keep up with this thread and just vaguely remember the report about the cattle hauling truck. If anyone has a link to that, I would be most appreciative. MOO
Some towing companies have flatbeds because not all cars can be towed by hooking up to the axle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici