Found Deceased OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024 #5 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.

FIFTH SUSPECT ARRESTED FOLLOWING DEATH OF KANSAS WOMEN
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
APRIL 24, 2024
TEXAS COUNTY, OK – As the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation continues its investigation into the deaths of 27-year-old Veronica Butler and 39-year-old Jilian Kelley, an additional arrest was made on April 24.
Based on the evidence and information gathered from the case, 31-year-old Paul Grice was arrested and booked into the Texas County Jail on two counts of First-Degree Murder, two counts of Kidnapping, and one count of Conspiracy to Commit Murder in the First Degree.
Both Butler and Kelley went missing on March 30 and found deceased in rural Texas County on April 14. This is still an ongoing investigation at this time.
The OSBI would like to thank the Texas County Sheriff's Department and Oklahoma Highway Patrol for assisting us with this arrest.
We are "Protecting Oklahoma one Partnership at a time.”
#OSBI #OneTeamOneMission

wow, talk about much ado about literally nothing. I am curious. The woman referred to the black vehicle appearing to be "about to" block them:

What exactly does that look like to the untrained eye because I see a black SUV type vehicle pulled over on the side of the road similar to how their own vehicle was, just in the opposite direction of travel. In what universe is that "appearing to be about to block them in"?

"had to high tail it out of there for their safety" GMAFB
Ridiculously over dramatic. A non event.

That black SUV that we can see parked across the road are people who came with them as part of their investigation.

The black vehicle that maybe was going to block them in, but didn't, is not on video. In fact, they said that they themselves may have been blocking this person's driveway.

Huge pile of zero

2 Cents

A fifth person was arrested on Wednesday in connection to the deaths of Veronica Butler, 27, and Jilian Kelley, 39.

Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation said based on evidence and information from the case, 31-year-old Paul Grice was arrested and booked into the Texas County Jail for two counts of first-degree murder, two counts of kidnapping, and one count of conspiracy to commit murder in the first degree.

That black SUV that we can see were people who came with them as part of their investigation.

The black vehicle that maybe was going to block them in, but didn't, is not on video. In fact, they said that they may have been blocking this person's driveway.

Huge pile of zero
thanks, I thought the video being shown as the ladies discussed the harrowing ordeal was the vehicle they were discussing. Agreed, big steaming pile of ZERO

I think the media has been wondering the same thing. Especially considering they stated there were no other suspects.

The official statements & answers I heard/read all included something along the lines of "at this time" or "not at the moment". I took it to mean that they were answering in a politely non-committal in a way that would satisfy most people and perhaps provide a false sense of security to those they were still investigating. I'm guessing Mr Grice may have been among those thinking they were no longer looking at him.

The official statements & answers I heard/read all included something along the lines of "at this time" or "not at the moment". I took it to mean that they were answering in a politely non-committal in a way that would satisfy most people and perhaps provide a false sense of security to those they were still investigating. I'm guessing Mr Grice may have been among those thinking they were no longer looking at him.

When suspects are arrested some people think the investigation is finished but that couldn't be further from the truth.

While these now 5 stooges sit and stew in jail, LE is still actively pursuing leads but it is not just LE doing this. The prosecutor's office has a full time court investigator that works for the prosecutor gathering evidence.

It is not a crime to overhear criminal planning conversations but it is a crime to participate in them.

Overhearing VS Participating Big Difference.

LE and court investigators will sort this out.

2 Cents

There was talk Paul Grice had left for the grocery store & never returned. Could it be the AA was sealed and LE just caught up with him? I didn’t understand why Cora Twombly would have lied to her daughter CW about Grice’s participation. MOO
From PG's AA, I'd say LE needed additional time to secure more evidence for probable cause to arrest him.

This evidence most likely included GPS evidence from his phone and vehicle corroborating PG's location when TC was known to be at PG's residence, and evidence placing PG at the burial site (he admitted to helping bury the bodies).

LE had a head start with the four burner phones purchased by TA that were associated with the first four suspects.

LE could question PG but certainly not arrest and charge him solely on "she said" evidence.

Also, given more time compared to the first arrests unsealed, taking note that PG's arrest doc is the only record made public with redactions to the AA. This was my opinion when the initial AA released a week ago. In other words, we saw more than authorities intended to make public.

Last edited:
Criminals like Tifany will find methods to inflict pain (infrequent phone calls and mail) to the victims’ families and their own grandchildren from inside a solitary jail cell. Send her to death row.
Inmate communication with the outside is monitored by the prison.

Criminals like Tifany will find methods to inflict pain (infrequent phone calls and mail) to the victims’ families and their own grandchildren from inside a solitary jail cell. Send her to death row.

Nope.

Defendants are never allowed to contact their victims and victims' families. All her mail and phone privileges would be revoked if she played this game....2 Cents

I'm just going to go ahead and say this, and say it is ONLY my opinion, but there is no way these 5 people, 4 of which, as has been noted more than once, have no relation to VB or her children, knew all of the planning, and were willing to go "all in" to get rid of VB, not just the time they succeeded, but other times as well, and yet none of the other God's Misfits knew anything of any of these discussions? I'm calling BS on that one. Others know things, or heard things. No way that when all of these arrests have been made, all of the other members have shaken their heads and thought, "well damn, I never saw that coming". JMO
I agree. So many involved is a reflection of cult mentality.

JMO

Anxious to read the actual affidavit.
There’s the court link of the actual charges, no details
MOO
We know that Pursuant to 12 O.S. § 39, PG's arresting documents are only Available at Court Clerk's Office so a party has to physically retrieve a copy from the Court. News10 has it and it's embedded in their news link here:

All five individuals allegedly went to Hugoton, Kansas, where Butler lived, but they couldn't get her out of her residence.

Grice was booked into the Texas County jail on Wednesday.

Grice is being held without bond at the Texas County Detention Center in Guymon, a jail official said. Court and jail records don’t indicate if Grice has an attorney who could speak on his behalf.

We know that Pursuant to 12 O.S. § 39, PG's arresting documents are only Available at Court Clerk's Office so a party has to physically retrieve a copy from the Court. News10 has it and it's embedded in their news link here:

P. Grice - CF-24-81 - Info and Affidavit​

Uploaded by​

News Channel10

Grice was interviewed Tuesday and admitted that he was involved in the planning of the deaths, the OSBI agent reported in the arrest affidavit. Grice also admitted "that he participated in the killing of Butler and Kelley and their subsequent burial."

"OSBI learned that Grice, Cullum and Adams had cellular phone conversations amongst each other on March 30, 2024, in the morning hours, prior to the disappearance," according to the newest affidavit. "Grice and Cullum were together at Grice's home, after the disappearance ... on the same day

This is still an ongoing investigation at this time.

The charging affidavit looks to be mostly a copy and paste of the other four, with updated relevant language added at the bottom about Grice himself. I noticed the language about the womens' phones having not been located was also unchanged.

I don't think their phones were recovered with their bodies, at least I haven't seen that reported yet. What happened to those phones?

Also, it's kind of stunning to me how quickly this depravity may have unfolded, when all was said and done. Per the Grice charging affidavit, "Grice and Cullum were together at Grice's home, after the disappearance, after 1100 hours the same day."

VB and JK's phones stopped at 9:42 am. Some sort of bloody carnage happened in and around the Kia. The next act involved transporting the women (alive or dead not yet known) 8.5 miles to the rented Beasley pasture. The next act was to bury the women (alive or dead not yet known) in the waiting 10-foot deep or wide, or both, hole. The final act was to backfill that hole completely and then grade it and layer over some hay bales for cattle to munch on.

All of that in 75 minutes, then Cullum and Grice can sit down for a cup of coffee or a cold one? I wonder how many times this savage plot was rehearsed? Despite things not going quite "as planned," per Cora to her daughter, I feel like the game plan had to have been set for quite some time.

And they pulled it off. Except they forgot to plan for the eventuality of being caught.

ETA: math is not my thing. 75 minutes, not 45.

Last edited:
The charging affidavit looks to be mostly a copy and paste of the other four, with updated relevant language added at the bottom about Grice himself. I noticed the language about the womens' phones having not been located was also unchanged.

I don't think their phones were recovered with their bodies, at least I haven't seen that reported yet. What happened to those phones?

Also, it's kind of stunning to me how quickly this depravity may have unfolded, when all was said and done. Per the Grice charging affidavit, "Grice and Cullum were together at Grice's home, after the disappearance, after 1100 hours the same day."

VB and JK's phones stopped at 9:42 am. Some sort of bloody carnage happened in and around the Kia. The next act involved transporting the women (alive or dead not yet known) 8.5 miles to the rented Beasley pasture. The next act was to bury the women (alive or dead not yet known) in the waiting 10-foot deep or wide, or both, hole. The final act was to backfill that hole completely and then grade it and layer over some hay bales for cattle to munch on.

All of that in 45 minutes, then Cullum and Grice can sit down for a cup of coffee or a cold one? I wonder how many times this savage plot was rehearsed? Despite things not going quite "as planned," per Cora to her daughter, I feel like the game plan had to have been set for quite some time.

And they pulled it off. Except they forgot to plan for the eventuality of being caught.
I agree. That is why I feel certain that the car being left behind was NOT part of the plan, and may be the only reason they got caught. I really want to learn the size of that predug hole. I am almost sure it was meant to be the final resting place of the KIa. JMO

More halfwits than misfits - this whole plot and the execution of it genuinely sounds like something you’d get on a terrible 90s straight to TV crime movie. A horrendous act of deranged depravity that they were never going get away with and ripped apart numerous families in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kyry73191