Found Deceased OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024 #5 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The charging affidavit looks to be mostly a copy and paste of the other four, with updated relevant language added at the bottom about Grice himself. I noticed the language about the womens' phones having not been located was also unchanged.

I don't think their phones were recovered with their bodies, at least I haven't seen that reported yet. What happened to those phones?

Also, it's kind of stunning to me how quickly this depravity may have unfolded, when all was said and done. Per the Grice charging affidavit, "Grice and Cullum were together at Grice's home, after the disappearance, after 1100 hours the same day."

VB and JK's phones stopped at 9:42 am. Some sort of bloody carnage happened in and around the Kia. The next act involved transporting the women (alive or dead not yet known) 8.5 miles to the rented Beasley pasture. The next act was to bury the women (alive or dead not yet known) in the waiting 10-foot deep or wide, or both, hole. The final act was to backfill that hole completely and then grade it and layer over some hay bales for cattle to munch on.

All of that in 45 minutes, then Cullum and Grice can sit down for a cup of coffee or a cold one? I wonder how many times this savage plot was rehearsed? Despite things not going quite "as planned," per Cora to her daughter, I feel like the game plan had to have been set for quite some time.

And they pulled it off. Except they forgot to plan for the eventuality of being caught.
Well, no it wasn't rehearsed well because there was blood on the roadway where Veronica's car was found, her broken glasses and they didn't anticipate Veronica's family to search for Veronica and Jilian and find the car abandoned so early imo. Sadly, they were probably going to incapacitate them quickly and quietly and kill them elsewhere but that didn't work out because Veronica fought back so much. Otherwise there wouldn't be so much evidence left at the car.

....mortal wounds...

Calls to mind stun guns and the hammer.

Sheer evil, all the worse with misfit mob mentality.

Maximum sentences all around. And hell beyond. Unless hell has a heller hell, then there.

JMO
Agreed, I was thinking about a hammer or other object being used.
Head wounds bleed a lot !

So cruel and brutal.
No compassion that day.
He had time to back out.
:mad:
Omo.

Agreed, I was thinking about a hammer or other object being used.
Head wounds bleed a lot !

So cruel and brutal.
No compassion that day.
He had time to back out.
:mad:
Omo.

He could have stopped the whole thing.

Appears that he and TA have confessed. My assumption on this is that they are going to turn state's evidence against their co-defendants and try to avoid the DP or perhaps hope for Life With Parole instead of LWOP.

Remains to be seen

I know I have done this myself, but we keep questioning how the others could have been roped in by TA. I’ve decided it’s because they are all just mean, sorry people.

It would not surprise me if there are more arrests.

Now that PG has been arrested for these murders, I think many of us have seen these articles about Paul as a young cowboy in Oklahoma but they were off-limits.

I imagine we all felt the same thing—-here’s some young boy, in other articles a teenager, living a very particular lifestyle and seemingly on his way to fame in that world.

What an absolute waste all around. Two women dead, and these acolytes of TA apparently forgoing their own paths in life in a bid to please her.

And all these children from these families left without one or both parents, for the sake of pure evil.

JMO

He could have stopped the whole thing.

Appears that he and TA have confessed. My assumption on this is that they are going to turn state's evidence against their co-defendants and try to avoid the DP or perhaps hope for Life With Parole instead of LWOP.

Remains to be seen
I think avoiding the death penalty will be the best they can hope for, and more than they deserve. They can kiss any thoughts of Life With Chance for Parole adios. JMO

MOD NOTE: Obviously sleuthing PG is now on the table - but if an article is more about his family than about him, please don't post it. They don't deserve to be dragged into this mess and they are considered victims per TOS.

Thanks!!

Knitty,

I think avoiding the death penalty will be the best they can hope for, and more than they deserve. They can kiss any thoughts of Life With Chance for Parole adios. JMO
Even should they miraculously avoid both death and LWOP, it gets no better for them. Oklahoma has an 85% Rule on crimes of this severity. 45 years would be the minimum, so 85% of that gives you 38 and 3 months. They'll leave their respective new homes in boxes.

Keep in mind others either were a part or at least had knowledge. Like Beasley!

"Two days before the women disappeared, Cullum asked Beasley if he could use a skid-steer to remove a stump and dig on the property. Beasley agreed."

"After the women went missing, Cullum warned Beasley that police considered him a suspect and that the skid-steer tracks “might look suspicious.”

"Beasley said if anyone asked, he'd tell them Cullum had done tree and dirt work for him." (That's a lie.)

Keep in mind others either were a part or at least had knowledge. Like Beasley!

"Two days before the women disappeared, Cullum asked Beasley if he could use a skid-steer to remove a stump and dig on the property. Beasley agreed."

"After the women went missing, Cullum warned Beasley that police considered him a suspect and that the skid-steer tracks “might look suspicious.”

"Beasley said if anyone asked, he'd tell them Cullum had done tree and dirt work for him." (That's a lie.)

the way I read your excerpt makes it sound like Beasley didn’t actually have direct knowledge- or at least it’s not totally clear he did from those quotes. as far as Beasley knew, TC was doing tree and dirt work, since Beasley was told TC was removing a stump and digging.

the way I read your excerpt makes it sound like Beasley didn’t actually have direct knowledge- or at least it’s not totally clear he did from those quotes. as far as Beasley knew, TC was doing tree and dirt work, since Beasley was told TC was removing a stump and digging.
Not sure how I feel about him.
But, he was willing to lie for Cullum. Beasley never asked Cullum to do tree and dirt work for him.

I think Beasley DID know what was going on because he didn't ask TC why LE would be suspicious of the dirt work.

From the link upthread: After the women went missing, Cullum warned Beasley that police considered him a suspect and that the skid-steer tracks “might look suspicious.” Beasley said he would simply confirm Cullum had been doing dirt work if asked.

JMO

Not sure how I feel about him.
But, he was willing to lie for Cullum. Beasley never asked Cullum to do tree and dirt work for him.

He wasn't willing to lie ... How it seems to me:

Beasley had a suspected murderer Cullum right in front of him telling him that LE might question Beasley over suspicious skid-steer tracks.

Beasley placated this suspected murderer Cullum by telling him he would tell LE that the tracks were simply innocent markings from legitimate work that Cullum had done for him.

But once LE came to interview Beasley, Beasley was quick with the truth. Beasley seems to have had no problem whatsoever in telling LE exactly what was said and done in regards to his interactions with Cullum.

Beasley was smart when faced alone - in this conversation - with a killer. Who knows? Maybey Cullum would have dug a third hole if Beasley had acted otherwise.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member