Found Deceased OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024 #5 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gov. Kevin Stitt signed a measure that gives judges more information about third-party volunteers performing supervised visitation with children.

Senate Bill 1756, signed Thursday, requires volunteer supervisors to provide an Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation criminal history background check.

It also requires them to provide an affidavit listing certain information about those who reside in their home.

It also requires disclosure of any of the volunteer’s history of substance abuse and mental health history.

The measure requires the volunteer to be able to see and hear all interactions between the supervised parent and the child.

*eta: The bill was motivated by the murder of three children by their mother, Brandy McCaslin, 39, in July. A friend was providing supervised visitation.

Last edited:
I think this crime is so heinous, the prosecution will defer to the wishes of the victims' families about the death penalty.

There is an Oklahoma case currently before the Supreme Court concerning a DP conviction involving a conspiracy to commit murder and that may possibly have a bearing on how the prosecution is handling this case.

JMO

From that article:

Oklahoma’s highest criminal court denied the request to toss out Glossip’s execution, claiming a crucial piece of new evidence undermining his conviction “does not create a reasonable probability that the result of the proceeding would have been different.”

Jeez! If it's crucial it could prove him innocent. Then there's this:

As the law firm investigation into Glossip’s conviction found, Sneed testified against Glossip after prosecutors agreed to take the death penalty off the table for Sneed in return for such testimony. Transcripts of a police interrogation also suggest that detectives, and not Sneed, planted the idea of a murder-for-hire in Sneed’s head, and that these detectives encouraged Sneed to echo this theory.

Sickening. This is why I'm not pro LE and the "justice" system and always remain neutral. Far too many times this kind of corrupt crap happens and innocent people are released after decades behind bars and even on death row. Good for the AG trying to stop this. Of course, this is no reflection on the present case we're discussing where I fully believe this five did it and the evidence will prove it.

Gov. Kevin Stitt signed a measure that gives judges more information about third-party volunteers performing supervised visitation with children.

Senate Bill 1756, signed Thursday, requires volunteer supervisors to provide an Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation criminal history background check.

It also requires them to provide an affidavit listing certain information about those who reside in their home.

It also requires disclosure of any of the volunteer’s history of substance abuse and mental health history.

The measure requires the volunteer to be able to see and hear all interactions between the supervised parent and the child.
That sounds like a very wise decision. The case that sparked the legislation sounds very much like the Josh and Susan Powell case.

JMO

From that article:

Oklahoma’s highest criminal court denied the request to toss out Glossip’s execution, claiming a crucial piece of new evidence undermining his conviction “does not create a reasonable probability that the result of the proceeding would have been different.”

Jeez! If it's crucial it could prove him innocent. Then there's this:

As the law firm investigation into Glossip’s conviction found, Sneed testified against Glossip after prosecutors agreed to take the death penalty off the table for Sneed in return for such testimony. Transcripts of a police interrogation also suggest that detectives, and not Sneed, planted the idea of a murder-for-hire in Sneed’s head, and that these detectives encouraged Sneed to echo this theory.

Sickening. This is why I'm not pro LE and the "justice" system and always remain neutral. Far too many times this kind of corrupt crap happens and innocent people are released after decades behind bars and even on death row. Good for the AG trying to stop this. Of course, this is no reflection on the present case we're discussing where I fully believe this five did it and the evidence will prove it.
There are a few bad apples in every profession, but our justice system is the only one we have. It is up to the system to ensure the bad apples are removed. In a death penalty case, there has to be real evidence beyond one witness who has been given a plea deal.

I think there is an abundance of evidence in this case.

JMO

*eta: The bill was motivated by the murder of three children by their mother, Brandy McCaslin, 39, in July. A friend was providing supervised visitation.
Wow. I seems like there's been a real uptick in these cases - all over the country - where there are murder suicides involving children.

I think this crime is so heinous, the prosecution will defer to the wishes of the victims' families about the death penalty.

There is an Oklahoma case currently before the Supreme Court concerning a DP conviction involving a conspiracy to commit murder and that may possibly have a bearing on how the prosecution is handling this case.

JMO

Families often agree to drop the DP when the defendants agree to plead guilty.

2 of them look like they will plead guilty.

If the other 3 go to trial under the DP but then decide to plead guilty for LWOP, the families likely will go along with it.

Rhoden murders are one example. 8 family members killed and family agreed to have the DP dropped for all 4 murderers.

2 Cents

Last edited:

If the other 3 go to trial under the DP but then decide to plead guilty for LWOP, the families likely will go along with it.

Rhoden murders are one example. 8 family members killed and family agreed to have the DP dropped for all 4 murderers.

2 Cents
I would be satisfied with all 5 receiving LWOP. They still have to sit thru the torture of the trial not knowing if they will live or die. We’ll see how it goes.

I would be satisfied with all 5 receiving LWOP. They still have to sit thru the torture of the trial not knowing if they will live or die. We’ll see how it goes.

Quite frankly, if those 3 who are not pleading guilty go to trial under the DP and are found guilty, I believe the Penalty Phase trial will convince all 12 jurors to impose the DP.

2 Cents
I never followed that case but was aware of it. It serves to illustrate just how dangerous these custody disputes can get. Mass murders, murder-suicides, killing the kids, you name it. People go insane over this stuff.

Do we have confirmation that that was a legitimate, scheduled visitation?
^^rsbm

Given the supervised visitation was Court ordered for Saturdays and the Order included strict instructions for the cutoff date to make revisions to the visitation, I'd say yes, March 30 was legit. The only difference here was it was the first visitation that CB would not be the supervisor. This is also detailed in the AA.

This is why Tifany must get the death penalty:
She successfully orchestrates evil. If she can’t personally harass the victims’ families and her own grandchildren, she’ll manipulate others to harass them. Only death will stop her.

She would have no access to the Internet in prison. All her mail and phone calls would be monitored.

The USA doesn't have to put inmates to death to stop them from harassing the civilian population from prison.

On top of that she would likely be a classified as a violent offender which would put her in maximum security.

2 Cents

2 Cents
Every case is unique. In the Idaho murders of four college students, the parents don't all agree about the death penalty, but the Prosecutor is seeking it.

JMO

Currently, aren't the first four recorded as having plead not guilty?
The first four made initial appearances to learn one by one, the charges filed against them, and were appointed counsel by the Court. In addition, they learned they were not eligible for bail but have not entered their pleas. Generally, this will happen during arraignment unless waived-- where the Court will enter NG pleas for each -- even in cases where the defendant confessed during a custodial interview.

No one has pleaded yet. They will plead in court in front of the judge and public.

2 of them have confessed since arrest but even they have not pleaded yet and they will not plead guilty without a plea deal in place.

2 Cents
I think they "confessed" because they got caught and want to avoid the death penalty.

I seriously doubt the Prosecutor is going to offer a plea deal that takes the death penalty off the table. Too much other evidence.

JMO

Every case is unique. In the Idaho murders of four college students, the parents don't all agree about the death penalty, but the Prosecutor is seeking it.

JMO

If BK confesses I believe the 2 families will agree to do LWOP.

I think they "confessed" because they got caught and want to avoid the death penalty.

I seriously doubt the Prosecutor is going to offer a plea deal that takes the death penalty off the table. Too much other evidence.

JMO

Not how the DP works when a defendant pleads guilty. A few serial killers pled guilty and still were put to death but this is extremely extremely rare.

2 Cents

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads