Found Deceased OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024 #5 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
That doesn't make sense. Either they committed murder or not. The reason they did it doesn't matter to the law unless it was self defense.

Were Veronica and Jilian trying to kill the 5 defendants? No. Were V and J trying to hurt the children? No.

Were the children even there? No.

These 2 ladies were ambushed and apparently beatened, bludgeoned to death, bleeding in the road.
Interesting to find who did the actual killing.

Yes TA may consider herself a martyr to save the grandkids from ???…..but typically martyrs aren’t afraid to announce the cause. This wasn’t the case here. The plan wasn’t to get caught but it didn’t go like it was supposed to. TA lied to the regular supervisor and she lied about VB cancelling her plans to pick up the children. Who knows what else she lied about. Martyr’s strongly believe in their cause so it’s unnecessary to lie and coverup. TA can’t have it both ways. JMO
Just can't understand how those charged actually thought they could get away with murder. So, they leave the victim's car like no one cares or would find it? So, no one would even suspect them as participants? So, they actually thought a burner phone couldn't be traced? Oh, my...

A celebration of life will be held to honor Jilian Kelley at 10:00am CDT tomorrow at the First Christian Church in Hugoton, KS. The Willow Christian Church in Indianola, where her family was preparing to go to minister, will also livestream the service at their church, with a fellowship gathering to follow.

Livestream link:
https://evt.live/jilian-kelley-memorial-service

Last edited:
Just can't understand how those charged actually thought they could get away with murder. So, they leave the victim's car like no one cares or would find it? So, no one would even suspect them as participants? So, they actually thought a burner phone couldn't be traced? Oh, my...

Just my opinion, it was not intended for the victims car to be left at a bloody crime scene. Something went wrong so that it wasn’t either driven or hauled away, perhaps because it was found too soon and they ran out of time. It was never “the perfect crime” but had the location of the vehicle not pointed directly towards VB’s conflict with TA regarding the children, it would’ve taken LE longer to gather enough evidence to implicate the five misfits IMO.

Just my opinion, it was not intended for the victims car to be left at a bloody crime scene. Something went wrong so that it wasn’t either driven or hauled away, perhaps because it was found too soon and they ran out of time. It was never “the perfect crime” but had the location of the vehicle not pointed directly towards VB’s conflict with TA regarding the children, it would’ve taken LE longer to gather enough evidence to implicate the five misfits IMO.
ITA. They probably were going to make it look like they just vanished from the car. Take them somewhere else to finish the job. The girls probably fought hard and someone injured them.

I think it's possible JK pulled a firearm on the attackers who had entrapped them, and all hell broke loose. After all, a pistol cartridge was found in JK's purse, even though the firearm was not present. We've also been told that the women weren't shot.

I'm sorry if I missed it but has the Kelley family indicated that Jilian had a concealed carry license? JK was a strong woman who rode a hotrod motorcycle for fun. I'd be surprised if she didn't carry.

I think it's possible JK pulled a firearm on the attackers who had entrapped them, and all hell broke loose. After all, a pistol cartridge was found in JK's purse, even though the firearm was not present. We've also been told that the women weren't shot.

I'm sorry if I missed it but has the Kelley family indicated that Jilian had a concealed carry license? JK was a strong woman who rode a hotrod motorcycle for fun. I'd be surprised if she didn't carry.
Kansas and OK are second amendment states and no license is required to carry a concealed weapon. (Assuming there is nothing preventing them from possessing a firearm) There are some instances or locations where CC and OC are prohibited but not many within either state. JK could have concealed carry in her purse with no license requirements other than if there was some other reason that prevented her from possessing a firearm. JMO

ITA. They probably were going to make it look like they just vanished from the car. Take them somewhere else to finish the job. The girls probably fought hard and someone injured them.

Thanks. Your post makes me think that maybe this is what went wrong. That the stun guns were supposed to knock them out enough to restrain them then move them.

The stun guns were used but the ladies fought back. subduing the women this way didn't go to plan. Many police detainees overcome tasers.

So one of the killers went after them with a hammer. Veronica's glasses were in the road with a broken hammer and blood.

What went wrong is the fight in the road leaving evidence.

2 Cents

Last edited:
Thanks. Your post makes me think that maybe this is what went wrong. That the stun guns were supposed to knock them out enough to restrain them then move them.

The stun guns were used but the ladies fought back. subduing the women this way didn't go to plan. Many police detainees overcome tasers.

So one of the killers went after them with a hammer. Veronica's glasses were in the road with a broken hammer and blood.

What went wrong is the fight in the road leaving evidence.

2 Cents
Since there was blood in the car, it seems likely the fight started there. I doubt the women wanted to exit the car so it was necessary to break the window.
The women must have continued to fight once outside of the car since pools or puddles of blood were found at the scene.

Maybe they were blocked in and couldn't gun the car to escape. I would think they would have rammed whatever vehicle impeded movement. Seems they must have locked the doors, leading to the broken window so they must have suspected a violent encounter.

TA can’t have been expected the families of both victims knew beyond any doubt they’d gone to pick up the children. Had it appeared both vanished from a vehicle so close to the pick up point even without injury I think it still would’ve raised suspicion toward TA, particularly because of her lie to claim VB had cancelled when she spoke with her at 9am, known by the families to be false. TA would’ve had no reason to lie is she was innocent of involvement. She’d have gone to Four Corners expecting to hand off the children.

According to the timeline the car was discovered just over two hours after the crime occurred. Perhaps that was unexpected and the misfits had planned to move it in the afternoon or evening.

Other possibilities might’ve been remotely considered only if the vehicle had never been found or discovered abandoned 100s of miles away…..and had CT not confessed to her daughter. JMO

There were too many parties involved for this crime to be carried out smoothly. There were numerous perpetrators and victims and locations involved. There were various vehicles, weapons, burner phones, and family members. It boggles the mind.

There were too many parties involved for this crime to be carried out smoothly. There were numerous perpetrators and victims and locations involved. There were various vehicles, weapons, burner phones, and family members. It boggles the mind.
I wish this horrible crime hadn't occurred, but since it did. I thank God these criminals were so stupid and were apprehended quickly.

I don't agree with that. The abuser was a teen. In their minds, they probably thought if VB wouldn't protect her kids from a teenager, then she wouldn't protect them from anyone. In their minds, VB was the one allowing the abuse, so she had to go, and problem solved. IMO
Again - not condoning any of this.
Good posting. It seems like a Grandma was demented in her obsession to control and keep her grandchildren away from both her own son and his girlfriend, the children's mother. Just a sad waste of so many lives.

Last edited:
Since there was blood in the car, it seems likely the fight started there. I doubt the women wanted to exit the car so it was necessary to break the window.
The women must have continued to fight once outside of the car since pools or puddles of blood were found at the scene.

I don't buy the broken window. No mention of broken windows.
As soon as someone started hitting my window I would hit the gas and be gone.

If someone's car was behind me I'd hit their car and move it into kingdom come.

I believe the ladies rolled down or left down their windows to see what the person wanted not even thinking about being in danger.

2 cents

I don't buy the broken window. No mention of broken windows.
As soon as someone started hitting my window I would hit the gas and be gone.

If someone's car was behind me I'd hit their car and move it into kingdom come.

I believe the ladies rolled down or left down their windows to see what the person wanted not even thinking about being in danger.

2 cents
I've been wondering about the broken window scenario, too. They would have had to completely block her in, front and back, to keep her from speeding off. I'm trying to think of how in the world they could get her into that position. Whatever they did, it had to be super fast and didn't give the women time to think and speed away.

Kelley’s family spoke during the services. Her husband, Pastor Heath Kelley, said “she loved every minute with her kids, with me, with all of you.” ❤️

I've been wondering about the broken window scenario, too. They would have had to completely block her in, front and back, to keep her from speeding off. I'm trying to think of how in the world they could get her into that position. Whatever they did, it had to be super fast and didn't give the women time to think and speed away.

You can ram into a vehical in front or back of you and push it enough to get out. I believe there was one truck but not 2 to box them in, so they could ram the lighter vehicle etc.

It makes more sense that the women were stopped and they put down the window or left it down to ask what was going on.

2 Cents

I think they had two vehicles in order to box her in. One vehicle waited for her to pass and then followed her and the other came toward her and she had no where to go.

JMO

Kelley’s family spoke during the services. Her husband, Pastor Heath Kelley, said “she loved every minute with her kids, with me, with all of you.” ❤️

I hope her 5 killers rot in maximum security stuck in cells 23 hours a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member