OK OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does LE speaking with the children work? Can the grandmother prevent LE from speaking with them?
Oklahoma law is incredibly confusing. Apparently, if the parents don't give permission for a child to be interviewed, any info the child gives can not be used against that child or other children. (That doesn't apply here). Additionally, apparently police can interview children but they can't be in a "custodial setting" or in handcuffs without the parents permission. I couldn't find an answer that would apply to this situation, which is can police interview a child about a possible crime committed when the guardian doesn't want to allow it.

MOD NOTE - URGENT, PLEASE READ:

Some of the documents are now accessible again. Some are not - it appears from our frantic mod/admin review that those no longer available contain sensitive information about the children, names of non--case players, etc.

Websleuths tries very hard to be cooperative with the needs of law enforcement and the courts. We don't know for sure why they were taken down, but since those documents are no longer available, discussing what is in them is not allowed.

Thanks,

Knitty,

Edit: Please note that the children in this case are identifiable because of this case and those documents that are not available. They may read here one day. If it's not in the available docs, please don't discuss it.

Last edited:
I haven't seen it mentioned, but do we know which was the car was pointing when it was found?

Was it pointing TOWARD the meeting spot or AWAY from the meeting spot?

IMO if it was facing away from the meeting spot that would be a good indication that they did, indeed, make it to the pickup point and something happened there and then the car was driven by someone else and dumped. Or they were forced to turn around after being ambushed.

<no link to currently available source>

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't seen it mentioned, but do we know which was the car was pointing when it was found?

Was it pointing TOWARD the meeting spot or AWAY from the meeting spot?

IMO if it was facing away from the meeting spot that would be a good indication that they did, indeed, make it to the pickup point and something happened there and then the car was driven by someone else and dumped. Or they were forced to turn around after being ambushed.

<modsnip>
Gray Hughes in his video posted above made some assumptions about the Kia being on a dirt road I believe pointing away from the meeting point <modsnip> but he stated that the details as to the exact location of the vehicle are not clear. It does seem possible that the car could have been dumped in that location as well but then you would think that fingerprints or other forensic evidence would be present to clarify what exactly happened? IDK, seems like LE is keeping entire situation purposefully vague as it would have been easy to simply post coordinates of where the KIA was found.

<modsnip: sleuthing non POI/discussing contents of documents removed from public view>

MOO

Of all the uncertainties in this case, to me, one thing is completely clear. I 100% believe Jilian Kelley would not go missing on purpose, and would not be out of communication with her family unless she was forced to. In this situation, I think there is absolutely zero chance this case will end happily with a misunderstanding or someone who's flighty and irresponsible just going on a jaunt.

With all the attention on the custody issue, it seems as though almost no one here is considering the possibility that the disappearance of these women has nothing to do with that, at all.

I'm sure I haven't read every MSM article but have LE given anyone reason to believe the disappearance is related to that?

With all the attention on the custody issue, it seems as though almost no one here is considering the possibility that the disappearance of these women has nothing to do with that, at all.

I'm sure I haven't read every MSM article but have LE given anyone reason to believe the disappearance is related to that?
Well for one thing, LE stated that there's no need for an alert or concern for the residents.
If there was a possibility of this being a random attack by unknown persons, I'm not sure LE would have stated that.

Is this the one? Starting at page 4? It’s a pdf
Yes, page 4 shows a copy of the docket of FP-2019-1 (the ongoing custody case at the county/district level that was sealed) as of the filing of the appellate case. Of course, there have been many more filings since. Even if some documents needed to be sealed, the docket listing itself shouldn't have been sealed, IMO, because it doesn't show any sensitive information.

WICHITA, Kan. (KWCH) - The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation confirmed new evidence in the case of two missing women from southwest Kansas indicates there was foul play.

The agency said the search for Veronica Butler and Jilian Kelley continues. An arrest hasn’t been made in the case. The OSBI said information obtained from a vehicle belonging to one of the women points toward the possibility of foul play in this case. The agency didn’t elaborate on what was found.

OSBI updated their Facebook post to say that they believe the victims met foul play, based on the scene at the abandoned car. They have made no arrests and are still searching for the women.
Here's the direct link to the new post with that updated info:

What time was the car found? <modsnip> The missing persons poster states they went missing around 9:30am so I’m guessing this is when they left Hugoton. Hugoton to Eva is 46 minutes and they didn’t quite make it there. I’m just trying to see the amount of time someone had to make them disappear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member