Oprah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi to All. I've never seen such testy posts here either and am really surprised. My eyes nearly popped out while reading!

I have watched the HLN blips this morning of the interview and there is only one thought in my mind which I believe tells the whole story in a nutshell.

Kate limply mentions 'finding Madeleine', and the plain fact is the McCann's NEVER DID look for Madeleine themselves. Everything was delegated to run the show except for a walk around PDL the morning she went missing and Gerry's one time walk thru a field. From what I have read.

They have no shame. I have seen so many parents in their same situation since Madeleine went missing. If they really do care about her :confused:, it is some cold hearted way of showing it! xox

I haven't really been following this case but I'm watching Oprah now and they showed the McCann's news footage and Kate showed the nightgown that Madeleine was wearing the night she disappeared. Uh, she whoever "took" her took her naked? Or is there something I'm missing - I know some people think her parents harmed her but what is their explanation or whomever's explanation for her pajamas not being ON her?

Hey guys!

If you have a problem with bickering posters, please click on the icon to the right of the post # and report.

It's getting obnoxious and people who want to read about the Madeleine case shouldn't be subjected to such immature behavior.

Thanks!

I haven't really been following this case but I'm watching Oprah now and they showed the McCann's news footage and Kate showed the nightgown that Madeleine was wearing the night she disappeared. Uh, she whoever "took" her took her naked? Or is there something I'm missing - I know some people think her parents harmed her but what is their explanation or whomever's explanation for her pajamas not being ON her?

IIRC her sister Amelie had the same pair so it was probably those they showed.

That could have been said in a PM. "Daffodil" you seem to be intent on derailing this thread.Surely that cannot be:waitasec:

I was interested that the MCcanns decided to wait until it was light to look for their daughter-and leave her alone in the dark???????????????????
So many discrepancies, I also read, in the statements, that Gerry and Dr Payne went looking at 0300, who is telling the truth?
You have to have a good memory if you lie:rolleyes:

Moab, with all due respect, she can't be found if she's dead.

If there is no credible evidence for an abduction, and solid evidence for her death, then looking for her remains is a needle-in-haystack kind of act. You should check out the scientific facts for how long a human body will remain intact anywhere. It is an amazingly short amount of time before a human body disappears, absent chemical interventions such as a mortuary would provide. Two words: Natural chemistry and wild animals. It is, what it is.

For example, experts surmise that with Ted Bundy's victims, remains disappeared within less than a year. Chondra Levy's remains are a good examples as well. The phrase, "Ashes to ashes, dust to dust" is a centuries old statement because it is truth.

I know this is an old post but I must reply. Remains of bodies, excluding mummies, that died hundreds and thousands of years ago, such as the Peat Bog people, and people preserved in the alps, have been found. Even bodies disposed of in areas not covered with ice or peat have been found, although all that is left may be bones. We have discovered ancient Neanderthal bones that are tens of thousands of years old. If Maddy is dead, it would be highly unlikely that her bones would be reduced to dust only two years later.

I know this is an old post but I must reply. Remains of bodies, excluding mummies, that died hundreds and thousands of years ago, such as the Peat Bog people, and people preserved in the alps, have been found. Even bodies disposed of in areas not covered with ice or peat have been found, although all that is left may be bones. We have discovered ancient Neanderthal bones that are tens of thousands of years old. If Maddy is dead, it would be highly unlikely that her bones would be reduced to dust only two years later.

Let me restate that: Her bones would not disintegrate, but there is a good chance depending on where she was buried and how, that they would be carried off by animals or or otherwise moved by forces of nature--thus, rendering them either entirely lost or only partially recovered.

The ice mummies, the peat mummies, and the desert mummies all have certain chemical conditions that change the decomposition process. The inability of certain animals to get at remains is a factor in all those cases as well.

I highly suggest that any posts that are off topic be edited by the posters before this time tomorrow. If I have to edit anything out of line I will automatically give you 7 days to read terms of service.

THE BICKERING WILL CEASE AS OF NOW, ANY FURTHER POSTS ATTACKING OR CONFRONTING ANOTHER POSTER WILL BE CAUSE FOR A PERMANENT BAN.

That could have been said in a PM. "Daffodil" you seem to be intent on derailing this thread.Surely that cannot be:waitasec:

I was interested that the MCcanns decided to wait until it was light to look for their daughter-and leave her alone in the dark???????????????????
So many discrepancies, I also read, in the statements, that Gerry and Dr Payne went looking at 0300, who is telling the truth?
You have to have a good memory if you lie:rolleyes:

The McCanns said before they have never looked for her. Witnesses that night said they seemed to just be interested in ringing people and trying to get the media involved instead of searching for there daughter.

I guess it helped to get the fund set up quicker anyhow:rolleyes:

I watched Oprah today, and I felt very sad for the McCanns. Kate McCann has two years of pain and grief etched into her face. God bless them, and God bless Madeleine wherever she is!

I watched Oprah today, and I felt very sad for the McCanns. Kate McCann has two years of pain and grief etched into her face. God bless them, and God bless Madeleine wherever she is!

I understand in the interview that Gerry contradicted himself again..I really think the McCanns are better staying off the tv cos they drop themselves in it further each time they speak.

Yes God Bless Madeleine..and i hope some day she will get some form of justice.

blubuni99 said:
As I recall, Madeleine and her sister had more than one set of the pink pajamas. That's the explanation as I understand it.

BBC story and video from Oprah

News Telegraph Story about Oprah

During a section of the programme filmed at the family home, Mrs McCann's eyes welled up with tears as she showed the camera pictures drawn by Madeleine that she could not bring herself to remove from the refrigerator.

"She was like my little friend all the time," she said. When she worried about how her daughter was now, she admitted she sometimes fretted about the "little things".

"Is someone brushing her teeth? Is someone rubbing her tummy if she's not feeling well? It's all those things you do as a mother."

I'm just going to talk about the McCanns, if no one minds, since I have strong opinions about them. Frankly, I always find Kate's questions very odd. Why would you assume an abductor would be kind to your daughter in any way. I would call it denial, but that would be too mild a word, in my opinion.

Madeleine disappeared from her bed as her parents dined with friends in a nearby tapas restaurant on the fifth night of the family holiday.

Addressing their much-criticised decision to leave their children unsupervised in the apartment as they ate, Mrs McCann told Winfrey: "I could persecute myself every day about that, and I feel awful that we weren't there at that minute."

Not only weren't they there "at that minute." They weren't there for hours, and also possibly not there every night that week. :furious: Lots of opportunities for abduction, intruders, accidents, falls, etc. And I'm always amazed that they don't feel guilty for leaving their other two sweet children exposed during more than that single minute, too.

Daily Mail Story

Asked if she has ever thought of giving up, Kate McCann said: 'I think even if you wanted that - and there are days where you just want to get under the duvet or just want to be in a coma until it's over just to relieve the pain and get some pain - but you can't.
'I don't think we'll ever get a day if we are still in this situation where we feel we've done everything.
'I don't think any parent could, even if you were thinking, "I need a rest."'

But she said she still believes her daughter is alive.
She added: 'Part of me I do feel she is there. That connection is there.
'Whether that's just because I'm her mother and that will always be there that bond I don't know.
'But I don't feel she is that far away.'

As I recall, Madeleine and her sister had more than one set of the pink pajamas. That's the explanation as I understand it.

BBC story and video from Oprah

News Telegraph Story about Oprah

I'm just going to talk about the McCanns, if no one minds, since I have strong opinions about them. Frankly, I always find Kate's questions very odd. Why would you assume an abductor would be kind to your daughter in any way. I would call it denial, but that would be too mild a word, in my opinion.

Not only weren't they there "at that minute." They weren't there for hours, and also possibly not there every night that week. :furious: Lots of opportunities for abduction, intruders, accidents, falls, etc. And I'm always amazed that they don't feel guilty for leaving their other two sweet children exposed during more than that single minute, too.

Daily Mail Story

The dumb thing to me was..they didnt put the kids in the creche at night cos they didnt want to put the kids with people they didnt know and felt they would be safer on there own..and yet...the kids were in the creche the whole holiday..to them it must have been more familiar than there apartment...and the day FOLLOWING the abduction the twins were back in the same creche that the parents didnt think it was safe to leave them in the night before...and this was despite the fact for all anyone knew any supposed kidnapper could work in the creche...just totally incomprehensible to me.

I understand in the interview that Gerry contradicted himself again..I really think the McCanns are better staying off the tv cos they drop themselves in it further each time they speak.

Yes God Bless Madeleine..and i hope some day she will get some form of justice.

Here's one of the few quotes I can find from Gerry, and it's something he has said before.

This is Leicestershire - Oprah Show

Mr McCann said: "In spite of all the investigative work done, there is still absolutely nothing to suggest harm to Madeleine and therefore there's a very real likelihood Madeleine is alive and well."

Alive, ok, but "well"? That's taking a big leap of logic there.

Every time he says that, it weirds me out. His attitude just doesn't fit the idea of abduction, which is indeed "harmful" to a small child. Being carried away by someone in the night is "harm." Being forced to live away from her family is "harm." Whatever other horrors that might be happening to her if she is alive are "harmful."

I wish I knew Gerry's definition of "harming" a child. :waitasec:

Most parents are more like Kate and fall apart, either in sadness or anger. Gerry is one cool customer every single time.

Here's one of the few quotes I can find from Gerry, and it's something he has said before.

This is Leicestershire - Oprah Show

Alive, ok, but "well"? That's taking a big leap of logic there.

Every time he says that, it weirds me out. His attitude just doesn't fit the idea of abduction, which is indeed "harmful" to a small child. Being carried away by someone in the night is "harm." Being forced to live away from her family is "harm." Whatever other horrors that might be happening to her if she is alive are "harmful."

I wish I knew Gerry's definition of "harming" a child. :waitasec:

Most parents are more like Kate and fall apart, either in sadness or anger. Gerry is one cool customer every single time.

Beautifully said ThoughtFox :blowkiss:, as always, and BTW, your new Fox is simply a masterpiece. Ta

I haven't seen it yet but have read reports and it sounds absolutely heartbreaking.

God bless Madeleine and her parents and give them the strength to carry on.

Hi to All. I've never seen such testy posts here either and am really surprised. My eyes nearly popped out while reading!

I have watched the HLN blips this morning of the interview and there is only one thought in my mind which I believe tells the whole story in a nutshell.

Kate limply mentions 'finding Madeleine', and the plain fact is the McCann's NEVER DID look for Madeleine themselves. Everything was delegated to run the show except for a walk around PDL the morning she went missing and Gerry's one time walk thru a field. From what I have read.

They have no shame. I have seen so many parents in their same situation since Madeleine went missing. If they really do care about her :confused:, it is some cold hearted way of showing it! xox

The McCanns admitted on a British tv show they had never looked for there daughter and instead blamed the locals and holidaymakers for not looking harder for there daughter.

I haven't seen it yet but have read reports and it sounds absolutely heartbreaking.

God bless Madeleine and her parents and give them the strength to carry on.

Indeed it was heartbreaking. Oprah was good.

Incidentally, I hadn't realised it was 70 days before Cuddlecat had been washed. The way some follks go on, I'd gotten the impression that Kate had laundered it immediately. That it had been some sort of priority task she'd undertaken. Oprah turned to the audience and explained that Kate had been accused of washing off the DNA...after 70 days and she rolled her eyes as if to say "sheesh!". Kate also confirmed that Cuddlecat was always getting washed. I suspected as much when certain posters were up in arms about her washing madeleine's "scent" off the toy. I asked how they knew Madeleine's scent was on the toy and got shot down in flames when I suggested that perhaps it was one of these soft toys which gets washed regularly and that it might even have been washed for taking on holiday.

Ten weeks of clutching a toy in sweaty, dirty hands and she gets vilified for washing it! Like so much else that has been said about them, it beggars belief.

Incidentally, I hadn't realised it was 70 days before Cuddlecat had been washed. The way some follks go on, I'd gotten the impression that Kate had laundered it immediately. That it had been some sort of priority task she'd undertaken. Oprah turned to the audience and explained that Kate had been accused of washing off the DNA...after 70 days and she rolled her eyes as if to say "sheesh!". Kate also confirmed that Cuddlecat was always getting washed. I suspected as much when certain posters were up in arms about her washing madeleine's "scent" off the toy. I asked how they knew Madeleine's scent was on the toy and got shot down in flames when I suggested that perhaps it was one of these soft toys which gets washed regularly and that it might even have been washed for taking on holiday.

Ten weeks of clutching a toy in sweaty, dirty hands and she gets vilified for washing it! Like so much else that has been said about them, it beggars belief.

Yes it was washed some time after she disappeared. Was very shortly before the Pjs wanted to see them...

Why would she have washed Cuddle Cat BEFORE the holiday? The McCanns claimed it was a fourth birthday present for her and she got it early on holiday.

I guess we are all different. If my child was missing..i would be searching for her and not walking around holding a toy. I would not be washing the toy when the pjs were coming...

And for most people..had there child supposedly gone missing and she had a supposed favourite toy and she had been holding it..they would NOT have washed the toy. I know people whose loved ones have died and they have there unwashed things YEARS afterwards to retain the smell.

Btw the fact Kate "confirms" something does not make it true. She said in a interview months ago..at the beginning that she knew imediately that Madeleine had been kidnapped because Cuddlecat had been put on a high shelf that Madeleine couldnt reach..now she is saying she knew cos the windows and shutters were open. Which is it Kate? In addition Kate is saying these windows and shutters were open - yet funnily enough only her finger prints are there...and yet Oldfield had said in his interview they was closed. The McCanns said the door was ajar..Oldfield said it was open. The time Gerry claims to have seen the kids also has changed...so many discrepancies...he also claims to have crossed the road to speak to Jez - Jez claims it was he who crossed to speak to Gerry. She said she didnt say "They have taken her" yet other people claimed she did. Also why did they keep saying th ey went back to check on Madeleine and then add on about the twins afterwards?

Whats more if i was Oldfield I would be worried. MOO

What got me even more..they claim there child is with a paedophile - and Kate says..she worries about if Madeleines TEETH are being cleaned ??? That one just blows my mind really? Whether her teeth are getting cleaned would be the least of my worries.

Let the interviews keep coming...awesome interview :D

Hi Jayelles, One thing I did learn while studying this case is that CC could have been washed 7 times and Eddie would still have sniffed the death scent in it.

Also I believe there were 3 CC's. She interchanged them as is seen in different photos. It must have been karmaic that Eddie sniffed the one I believe that was in the cupboard. Amaral speaks to that sniffing by Eddie in his reconstruction tape {the video of his book The Truth of the Lie}, and it is very interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
conspired