Identified! OR - Albany, LIVING woman found disoriented, May'12 - Marcia Rackley

Yes, they are using Facebook and checking it regularly. I got a reply in maybe 2 hours on a Friday night of a long weekend. And personally, I found it less intimidating than calling them. I think it's a good tool and I'm glad they're using it.

Does Canada have a national database for their missing adults?

Unfortunately Canada does not have a national database for missing persons. It is handled provincially and sometimes only at the municipal level. Those databases are pretty bad.

Canadians want one, many have petitioned for it but it goes nowhere - the main reason cited by 'officials' is some missing people may be alive and wouldn't want to be in the database. It appears we don't have anyone capable of working that one out. Embarrassing imo.

I found a Katherine Walker in Ancestry.com, born 04-Apr-1936 in Henry County KY.

I also found a Kathy W. (with an alternate name Kathy Walker) in Veromi.net, born 04-Apr-1947. She is from Hearne TX.

But no Katie Walkers with an April 4 birthdate.

I wonder if she could be the Katherine Walker born in 1936. She may call herself Katie because that long term memory in still intact - her firm memories maybe that of childhood. While I am no expert I think this lady is older than 70.

Such a sad situation to be in for this lady. I really feel for her and keep checking here in the hope that she has been reunited with her family. I hope she is not alone in the world and that nobody is looking for her!:moo:

I wonder if she could be the Katherine Walker born in 1936. She may call herself Katie because that long term memory in still intact - her firm memories maybe that of childhood. While I am no expert I think this lady is older than 70.

I agree that she may be in her 80's. The reason this story hits so hard with me is that she looks the way my late mum looked when she was 86. She always looked 10 years younger than she was. Everything about Katie reminds me of my mum and I've got to say I went through some 'magical thinking' when Katie's story first came out.

I'm looking at every missing notice in Canada that I can find but as Woodland says there isn't a centralized location for missing people here. I'm also following @CanadaMissing on twitter.

This woman still hasn't been identified? Heartbreaking.

I went to google maps to see if there was a walker st near knox butte. There is. I don't know where she was found exactly, but I'm leaning toward her living in the knox butte area on Walker Street.
She doesn't appear to have the cognitive ability to pay for tickets, and board buses.
She even tossed away a drink of water, and was uncooperative with LE. I don't see how she could have the ability to talk to people or have the money to get on a bus and end up in knox butte, quite a ways from the bus terminal. I also don't see her hitchhiking.
Who would pick up an old lady who is obviously confused, and not report it to police, all across the country.

Simple is often the easiest answer. Perhaps she lives alone, and her family, if she has one, lives far away.
Walker Road in Knox Buttle/Albany, Oregon is also named Folsom Road. Why it has two names, IDK.
ok, I found that she was found on Knox butte road, near Harbor Road which is just a few hundred feet from Walker/Folsom Road.
I'm so positive she lives on Walker Road aka Folsom Road, and has probably lived there most of her life.
off to search some more.

New info as of today:

***UPDATED INFORMATION - 05/31/12***
The Linn County Sheriff’s Office, working with Greyhound Lines, Inc, have determined that the woman boarded a Greyhound bus originating out of Chicago, IL on 05/11/12, traveling through Spokane, WA and Portland, OR, arriving into Albany, OR on 05/13/12. During all of her ticketed travel the reservations were purchased with cash, in the name of Kelly Somerson. No reservations were found under the name Katie Walker.

Fingerprints of our unidentified woman have been compared against all fingerprints within NCIC in the United States, as well as the RCMP database in Canada. There have been no matches.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/linn...entified-woman-updated-053112/434086953276826

I see a Kelly A Summerson from Virginia, but she is probably too young (i.e., 53).

There is also a Kelly A Summerson from North Bend PA (No age listed).

I'm still thinking she's of Irish descent. She looks southern Irish, Katie is a very common diminutive of several Irish names and Kelly is of Irish origin. Kelly is an unusual first name for someone of her age, however.

So, we've got Katie, Kelly, Walker and Somerson.

Ok, I've got a Catherine Walker aged 9 in the 1940 census born in Maine, lots of siblings with more usual names. That'd make her 81 or so, a little old for their estimate, but some people age better than others.

One of the siblings died in 1994. Have a social for him. Looking for more information.

It's been a long time since I've traveled by Greyhound anywhere, and I don't know if I ever did so without paying with a credit card. Does anyone know the ticketing procedure when using cash? Does someone have to show ID? I would imagine that in the post 9-11 world, passengers would have to show some sort of identification when buying a ticket no matter what their method, but from their website info it doesn't appear that way. Weird.

"Buy tickets at a Greyhound terminal. Greyhound operates many terminals nationwide that are equipped to sell tickets. Select locations also offer a self-serve kiosk for Will Call ticket pickup and ticket purchase. You can purchase tickets for travel in advance or for the next bus available. Greyhound accepts cash, traveler's checks, personal checks with proper identification, debit cards, and Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, and Diners Club credit cards issued in the U.S. We cannot accept money orders as a form of payment."

Wait a minute, WAIT A MINUTE... I found an obit that lists Walkers in the survivors and the funeral was in FORT KENT!!!!!! Excuse me, the arrangements we made out of a funeral home in Fort Kent. The service was in St. Francis. But this looks like it has potential...

I have now found several members of the same family's obits. They all go out of the same church.

I have been trying to track down a way to contact the church.

(Not posting info because I'm sketchy on what is allowable as far as sleuthing people who aren't suspects.)

I couldn't find any Walker family in Knox Butte in the 1940 census, however I found some in the Lane County area with relatives all around the Willamette Valley.

How was she able to transfer buses?
And how could someone do something like this?

http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~orlane/history/histwalk.htm

I am not sure what you mean by the second question.
As far as the first, some people with Alzheimer's or the like have spotty memory problems or "fade in fade out" problems. She might have even had a stroke during her trip that caused the memory loss, so the first part of the trip she was "fine". A relative couldn't remember his wife, but he remembered how to play an instrument. Some people at the home couldn't remember how to eat properly, but they would remember a TV show. So maybe she just has no problems using the bus system.

I've submitted what I found, including the Facebook page for the church. Maybe she's a member there.

I guess this is what people mean here when they have pet cases. There is something about this woman that compels me to try and help her.

I am not sure what you mean by the second question.
As far as the first, some people with Alzheimer's or the like have spotty memory problems or "fade in fade out" problems. She might have even had a stroke during her trip that caused the memory loss, so the first part of the trip she was "fine". A relative couldn't remember his wife, but he remembered how to play an instrument. Some people at the home couldn't remember how to eat properly, but they would remember a TV show. So maybe she just has no problems using the bus system.

Except she didn't buy the tickets, KS did and with cash.
This lady's story is going all over the world, so where is KS?
If you sent an elderly woman away on a bus with no id, and no cash, or even if you did and she lost it, wouldn't you want to know she arrived safely at her destination?

Do you think KW changed her name from KS?
Her fingerprints aren't in any system, so she's not absconded from the long arm of the law,

Where is KS, and why did she buy tickets for this lady from Chicago, to Albany OR, not Albany NY? Why did this woman then walk twenty miles or so to end up in a rural area east of Albany Or, with a road a few hunderd feet from where she was discovered named Walker Rd. She hadn't gotten that far.

Why is no one calling to claim her? That's the biggest question of all?
I think KS who paid cash, and hasn't responded to the finding of her may be guilty of elderly neglect, she may be a dil or gd, but she is likely related and not notifying LE tells me she thinks she did something wrong. Even if she went traveling abroad, she would still make she the old woman arrived at her destination safe and sound, unless she didn't want to know.

MOO and I think I have a right to it. :blushing:

yosande,
I'm having trouble following what you think happened. Let me see if I have your theory correct...

Do you think Kelly Somerson and Katie Walker are different people? And that Kelly traveled from Chicago to leave Katie on the side of the Walker Road?

I'm confused.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
becebooboo
Back