Found Deceased OR - Allyson Joy Watterson, 20, North Plains, 22 Dec 2019

i'm not quite sure of what information about the sender, except phone# & name, a text message has but i'd expect it to be similar to an email in that it would provide some kind of "path" of where it came from. it occurred to me that any email or text sent from allysons phone in the past would be handled on the network by the original service provider even if through a wi-fi origination. because i'd guess the original service provider is giving the phone an IP address. so i'm wondering if any previous text or email sent to misty[mom] from allyson would provide information about the service provider of allysons phone. ? my hunch would be yes but just speculating at the moment. also, i figure if it was the case i'd expect LE to know. :)

I’m wondering if the boyfriend took her up there to meet people he was going to get drugs from and he traded her to them for his fix? Was she trafficked?
I'm starting to think she was. With 900 friends on her profile, many of them tweaker gangster ( good people too) but she's totally got herself out there to some sketchy people. Boyfriend is obviously a total .... Identity theft, stolen vehicle, and doesn't interact with her on FB publicly if at all. Got separated on a hike? This is total BS and we all know it.

All this mis information and rumor has got my head spinning. Its quite possible there is warrant for her arrest as an accomplice to the stolen vehicle and she has plenty of ties to make a run for it. She really does seem to be a nice person and just fell recently. Totally capable of turning her life around.

At this point I hope she is hiding. But with so many sharks in the water....I'm gonna have to rest on this one. I will continue to share her flyer but she could be anywhere.

I want to put a shout out to all parents that have daughters that put themselves out there on the platform. Educate them on how this story ends. Get them off social media and it's ok being alone if your divorced. Not saying that's the case here. I know Its hard with working all the time so you get them a job with you...

Let them know what "single" and "interested in men" means to a pimp. Don't ya love that one when it's being displayed by 15 year old kids obviously lying about their age? Facebook should be class actioned! Hands down..

Spend time with your kid or the sharks will get to them if you dont. Oh but the sharks are sooooo cool during the grooming period. They circle their prey then move in for the kill!

Sorry I just see this every day. Then it's up to the community to step in, worry like hell, search, flyers, gofunme and take action because someone thought it was cool to bait the sharks.

Meth culture is death. With a lot of people getting hurt in between. It's never too late to change on both sides. Peace!

Last edited:
this is what google says about the crying eye tattoo:

Crying Eye: the teardrop tattoo design can symbolize the wearer's history of murder or time spent in prison. It can also be an acknowledgement of the loss of the wearer's friend, family, or gang member. ... His eye symbolizes protection, royalty, and good health.Apr 10, 2017

does anyone know how long AW had it and why she got it?

The mwave.org k9 teams appear to be highly experienced. Kudo's to them! My speculation would be that they hit on some leads, followed this young lady's trail to it's end, where she likely dissappeared from the k9's scent trail.....ie: departed via vehicle.

@PommyMommy
Thanks for posting that timeline...very helpful and clarifies some things.

This, how would LE know if someone may have knocked on a resident's door at midnight?
  • Dec. 27, 2 p.m.: Deputies reveal they are seeking a resident in the search area who may have heard a door knock at around midnight on Dec. 22. They say the homeowner may not have answered the door. If that situation sounded familiar to any resident, they ask that person call the sheriff’s office.
In the presser, they stated that the knock on the door was NOT around midnight....it was around 12 noon.

DEC 29, 2019
No evidence Allyson Watterson disappeared on hike with boyfriend: deputies - The Independent Eagle
[…]

Washington County Sheriff’s Office said there was a 30-hour delay between the time Watterson was last seen and when her boyfriend’s father, Don Garland, reported her missing to authorities.

His father told deputies that he and his son spent the day looking for Watterson to no avail.

“We’ve never been able to verify this narrative,” Deputy Brian van Kleef said in a press release.

Van Kleef said the men were reluctant to file a report because there were multiple outstanding warrants for Benjamin’s arrest. He was arrested Tuesday on charges unrelated to Watterson’s disappearance and pleaded not guilty in Washington County court.

It seems soon to suspend the search. Does that mean the evidence they found makes LE fairly confident that Allyson is not in the area? Surely they would keep looking even if they thought it was now a recovery effort. Or is this a typical length of active search? My heart is with her family.

It seems soon to suspend the search. Does that mean the evidence they found makes LE fairly confident that Allyson is not in the area? Surely they would keep looking even if they thought it was now a recovery effort. Or is this a typical length of active search? My heart is with her family.

Yes it’s just that. They don’t believe she is in that area.

“If I believed she was in an area I could find her, this wouldn’t be getting suspended,” Search and Rescue commander Tony Morris told the outlet. “We’ve just chased everything we had.” No evidence Allyson Watterson disappeared on hike with boyfriend: deputies - The Independent Eagle

It is discouraging I know, but they have covered 1,600 acres and put in thousands of man-hours using a helicopter, several SAR teams, K-9's, and drones. They just have nothing to lead them in a direction to search. They need tips, and if information develops that points them toward an area to search, they'll be back out. MOO

Yes, just to add, they’ve run down all leads, clues, etc. and just don’t have anymore direction at this time. They searched specific areas 2-3 times. They’ve done all they can, for now. Bless their hearts I’m sure it’s hard to walk away without having Allyson.

He's waiting until she's too decomposed for there to be a determined cause of death .
Then he'll say she just got lost and it's not his fault. or some other story blaming her.
This is how it's looking. :(

If he killed her, this may be a blssing in disguise as it would mean she is not unnaturally concealed and should be easier to find, weather willing.

Crying Eye: the teardrop tattoo design can symbolize the wearer's history of murder or time spent in prison. It can also be an acknowledgement of the loss of the wearer's friend, family, or gang member. ... His eye symbolizes protection, royalty, and good health.Apr 10, 2017

This is referencing a different kind of tattoo usually gotten in prison or limited to certain subcultures. Her tattoo just looks like a pretty boho-style design. According to her FB, Allyson has struggled with mental illness or depression, so it may be a tribute to that. She also has a fairy on a spider web on her arm.
Ben is not an OG. He seems more like an incel mysanthrope that likes rap, drugs and video games. JMO
The traffcking angle is very unlikely. I know that is where some minds go as soon as there is a pretty young woman missing and drugs are implied. The majority of her friends are actually quite normal young people her own age with a smattering of relatives and coworkers. Trading people for drugs is also more common in areas with high trafficking and gang crime, involves children or undocumented vulnerables, and by those already entrenched in that underworld. Meth is also not a drug, like heroin for example, that makes you sell everything you own in order to maintain the addiction. This isn't to say he didn't do something nefarious like that with an accomplice, or that he doesn't have questionable connections. Its just to clarify that trafficking tends to involve other factors that are't present here and afaik the FBI is not involved in this case presently. You can find more info at the links in my signature.

I thought that was for teardrop shaped tattoos by someone’s eye. Gang members get them after killing someone. She may just like her design. I live in her area and it’s not the first time I’ve seen tattoos like hers. I think over all, most peoples’ tattoos are symbolic only to themselves.

Re the timeline, I have a couple of queries around the following stages;
  • Dec. 22, shortly before noon: A homeowner north of North Plains reports seeing Allyson with her boyfriend, Benjamin Hunter Garland.
  • Dec. 23, morning: A different homeowner in the area wakes up to find Garland “soaked to the bone” sleeping in the backseat of the homeowners pickup truck. The homeowner told KGW he took Garland home.
  • Dec. 23, 5:30 p.m.: Garland’s father reports Allyson as missing, about 30 hours after she was last sighted. Garland’s father says he believes Garland and Allyson were hiking.
  • Dec. 23, evening: After receiving the report, deputies begin searching the area north of North Plains and find a truck they learn was stolen. A short time later, deputies find Garland in the same area.

1. The first homeowner who saw Allyson, I take it LE have double checked how he knew it was her and not someone else (I hope!) but were they seen in a car or were they walking? (As that would make a difference about how far they could get from there within a certain timeframe).

2. Do we know exactly where ‘north of North Plains’ they were seen? (isn’t that a bit vague?) And how far that is in relation to the initial search site (where BG said he lost her)? Do we have a map or something?

The reason I’m asking is because IMO I think LE have been deliberately misled about the area she got ‘lost’, and that she has been ‘left’ (take that as you will) a distance away which may also explain the 30hr delay in reporting it.

This is purely just my opinion of course.

ETA: I didn’t put it in originally as I can’t find the source, but I believe I read that GB’s grandparents live/own land in that area. Apart from the obvious red light there, I wonder if they were either of the ‘homeowners?’ (That would explain why homeowner 2 gave GB a lift home, but could also skew the time line if they are homeowner 1 and so ‘certain’ they saw Allyson at that place at that time) MOO.

I’ll look for the source.

Last edited:
This screenshot shows the city of North Plains, and I added the red dot at the top that marks where Ben was reported to be found sleeping in the truck. It is about 3-4 miles north of North Plains

Attachments

• B9BA4FA8-0884-42BA-BD7A-53D728598A32.jpeg
    B9BA4FA8-0884-42BA-BD7A-53D728598A32.jpeg
    131.5 KB · Views: 63
I feel like LE must have a good reason to no longer be searching in that area. With Kyron they searched far longer. Same with the missing mama and baby boy not long ago. They likely either think she is dead and not in that area or she left some other way.

I hope she is alive, but it’s very concerning that her boyfriend not only didn’t report her missing himself, his dad didn’t do it in a timely fashion, and they waited to call until it was already too dark to really do much searching. The dad making the call isn’t the worst thing ever, but waiting until it was that late in the day? The sunsets here at like 4:30 and rises at almost 8:00 am. Them waiting so long really guaranteed another 12+ hours of no help for Allyson.

Her poor mom. This is heartbreaking.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwells1000
Back