OR OR - Brian Page, 16, Salem, 12 Jan 1975

If it is true that Brian is a victim of Kraft. How did Daniel get away from Kraft? And also not remember what happened? Kraft has been known to take 2 victims.

Could have happened after Daniel and Brian lost track of each other.

Very true. But wasnt it Daniel's car? Was it normal for Daniel to let others drive his car without him in it? Would Brian have left Daniel if he was trying to bring him back to the house?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

smp,

I am with your father. LSD will not cause complete memory loss. The fact that David broke into a dealership on State street leads my thought process two two places.

1) When a car is lost one always figures water is the most obvious place. The Willamette River is a stones throw from State Street.

2) The fact that a car dealership was broken into leads me to believe that David already knew his car was gone and not coming back.

Has anyone read a police report on this case? When David was caught in the car were there any unusual notes? Damp clothes, mud, etc.?

The Detroit Lake theory would be a difficult scenario, as it has gone to very low levels over the past few decades and the answer would need to be at the base of the dam. Even back in the 1970's this could have only been achived with damage to guard rails and fencing.

This case bugs me because for the obvious reason... someone's brother, son, friend has vanished, but the car, a car is hard to get lost, it has no will and is exactly where the last person left it. The fact that the VIN has never reappeared leads me to think that it may well be where it was back on that day.

smc, your last post is the path back to an answer!

Very true. But wasnt it Daniel's car? Was it normal for Daniel to let others drive his car without him in it? Would Brian have left Daniel if he was trying to bring him back to the house?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Greetings,

Just to avoid confusion I think the poster means Brian's friend, "David" (not Danial) I don't recall a Danial in this case, unless that could have been another friend at the party? I wonder how many party-goers there were and what they remember? I believe both Brian and David were severely under the influence. If David was not high, why would he leave his friend and later get picked up in a stolen car? Let's say there as an accident and Brian drowned tragically if the car skidded off the icy road into a lake. How Did David escape the drowning if indeed Brian and the car went into the lake?

I think Brian and David had a terrible fight that night and both was so messed up that the fight escalated. They were driving and screaming at each other and the car plunged into the lake. David, could have gone into a complete panic. Was David a bad kid by nature? He could have stolen the car, hot-wired it, and than just took off. I think David knows what happened to Brian, but will never speak of it because the "trip" from the drugs was too painful to talk about to this day. I don't remember if David was considered a suspect in Brian's disappearance. He should be a person of interest. Is David still alive? I really believe he has the keys to the mystery.

Satch

Bumping up....anymore info on this case? like any info on the friend David if hes still alive? I wonder what transpired between the two that night. These cases of people disappearing without a trace really bug me!

If it is true that Brian is a victim of Kraft. How did Daniel get away from Kraft? And also not remember what happened? Kraft has been known to take 2 victims.

There were times that Randy Kraft picked up two men and killed them, yet in 1975, he picked up Keith Daven Crotwell and Kent May at a beach parking lot near the Belmont Pool and Yankee Doodles (at the time called Big John’s). During the time they drove around the Long Beach area; he offered Kent May and Keith Crotwell drugs (valium) and liquor, which they both accepted. Kent was reportedly passed out for some of the time. Witnesses at the parking lot saw Kent May being pushed out of Kraft’s Mustang around 3:00 am. Randy Kraft killed Keith Crotwell later that morning. If Brian Page is a victim of Kraft, it is possible that Brian’s friend, David, experienced something similar to what Kent May experienced after being picked up near the Belmont Pool in Long Beach? Oddly enough, Brian Page disappeared on January 12, 1975 and Keith Crotwell was last seen alive on March 30, 1975.

http://articles.latimes.com/1987-03-10/local/me-5705_1_murder

http://articles.latimes.com/1988-11-08/local/me-52_1_long-beach-police-department

http://articles.latimes.com/1988-11-11/local/me-578_1_long-beach-man

I'm so sorry you haven't been able to get cooperation from law enforcement. It does seem that the water theory is very plausible. It doesn't seem likely that your brother's friend would have done something to him, then had the presence of mind to dispose of his car, then manage to get to a car dealer to take another one. Have you been in touch with David or his family? Is it possible that David has experienced any 'flashbacks' that might have jarred his memory of that night? I hope your family is finally able to get your questions answered.

Reading through this for the first time it does seem likely that the two boys parted ways in the vicinity of the car dealership and that that might be the place to start looking for bodies of water, cliffs etc. in fact it is possible that the VW was already impaired just before this point.

They say the shoe is Voit brand.
If it's this company
http://www.voit.com.cn/en/About_Profile.html
the UID is not Brian Page who has been missing since 1975.
More likely it's this company, who've been around much longer. To me it looks like the insole labeled "Voit" is an after-market insert rather than part of the shoe itself, but it could be wrong.

I did a quick calculation on the RN on the poncho (formula here) and the earliest it could've been made is 1973. So still within the time frame for Brian Page, provided the items found with the remains belonged to the John Doe and weren't unrelated bits of trash. (Note that on older labels, "Made in China" means Taiwan (Republic of China), not the People's Republic of China.)

I wonder if it was raining when Brian went missing.

More likely it's this company, who've been around much longer. To me it looks like the insole labeled "Voit" is an after-market insert rather than part of the shoe itself, but it could be wrong.

I did a quick calculation on the RN on the poncho (formula here) and the earliest it could've been made is 1973. So still within the time frame for Brian Page, provided the items found with the remains belonged to the John Doe and weren't unrelated bits of trash. (Note that on older labels, "Made in China" means Taiwan (Republic of China), not the People's Republic of China.)

I wonder if it was raining when Brian went missing.

Brian went missing in January. Basically everything west of Bend would be drenched in rain during January, and from Bend on East would be covered in three feet of snow.

The strange thing about the UID you're talking about is he's already been identified, either that or they found two people, both young males, both at the same place, and both having the same amount of bones left to find.

The Identified one

The Unidentified one

Bumping. Has anything new been discovered regarding Brian's disappearance? This case really bothers me. I can't imagine not knowing what happened to a loved one. SMP, are you still here on the forums?

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/6482/4/
Status Missing
First name Brian
Middle name Joseph
Last name Page
Nickname/Alias Joe
NCMEC number 866734
Date last seen January 12, 1975 23:00
Date entered 04/15/2010
Age last seen 16 to 16 years old
Age now 56 years old
Race White
Ethnicity
Sex Male
Height (inches) 66.0
Weight (pounds) 140.0
Dental Status: Dental information / charting is currently not available
DNA Status: Sample is currently not available
Fingerprint Information Status: Fingerprint information is currently not available

Brian has been missing for 40 years now.

Why is there no DNA sample available? That seems like such an easy fix!

Came across this thread and just wanted to throw my :twocents: in. When I was younger I was around lots of people using LSD, I never did because it scared me. When I read the description my first thought was that David was having a bad trip so he probably jumped out of the car. Brian could have at that point continued on without him. It is possible he doesn't remember what happened because there was nothing for him to remember. I've personally witnessed twice friends that were under the influence feel like they had to "escape" for some reason. Just an idea

Bumping. It has now been over 40 years since he went missing. SMP, are you still here? Has there been any more contact with Oregon authorities? (PLEASE call and push them!) I read that someone asked about DNA and dental records. Is there a way to get his dental records to place them on file? Also, you can provide mitochondrial DNA for help in identification in case he has been found but unidentified. I am hoping for closure for your family!

This is an interesting case for me because I am so familiar with the area. I have made the drive from Portland to Salem many times and I lived in Salem for a few years. There is one detail in this that sticks out to me that I haven't seen mentioned.

Brian and David left the party in David's car together. Brian went missing sometime between 2 and 5 am. David was picked up around 5 am by police for racing down State St. while high on LSD and it sounds like he may have been drinking as well. If you are not familiar with the layout of Salem, but there is really 1 major body of water where a car could be crashed into and not be noticed for so many years, the Willamette river. The current is fairly strong and I imagine after a few years would have dragged the car potentially miles away. The river runs through downtown. Salem OR's population in 1975 was 76,000 and that's largely very close to the river.

The detail I don't see being mentioned is that State St in Salem is a one way street that goes away from Riverfront Park (the part downtown is one way, not the rest of it). If we're taking the path of least resistance the conclusion I draw is that David and Brian go towards downtown, potentially to Riverfront Park or near it. Perhaps they said goodbye here, perhaps not. David and/or Brian then crashed the car into the Willamette river. David would then have only need to walk a few blocks to a car dearship and steal a car. This is the only way I see the pieces of David stealing a car and Brian going missing with the VW fitting together.

Plausible. Do you know of someone with sonar who could look for the car in the river?

I truly feel your brother could be found, another person on here named many bodies of water and possible areas that could hide a car that ran off the road. I pray your family has closure, the police have so many new techniques to find cars, objects etc. it's time to start this up again, why can't flyers be put up and start the community interest again in both areas. More people may help if they saw this all over again... how about a small search group volunteers, I truly just hope for your family to get the answers they deserve.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim
Back