Identified! OR - Cave Junction, 'Annie Doe' WhtFem UP10929, 16-20, Redwood Hwy, Aug'71 - Annie Lehman

A new press release was done in this Sunday's local paper - front page on Annie. For some reason I'm not able to copy it here (attachments not working for me). The paper is the Grants Pass Daily Courier.

Does anyone have a copy of this? I'd like to add it to her album.
Kari has been busy so I do not want to bother her.

Next time I go to the library, I will see if they have a copy (I am local).

Janet already got back to me. As to the California lady and Annie, both have DNA in CODIS so the computer should have hit if there was a matc

You'd think, but what about the Namus cases where DNA from both UID and missing person has been entered and it still takes YEARS to get the results back.
What about the Namus cases where females has been wrongly listed as males, and the other way round, and people wrongly listed as black or hispanic, when they were white.
What about the Namus cases where a final match has been on their own rule out list.
Crazy, sad and shouldn't happen, but it does, and too often.

Was there ever a definitive answer about Christine Eastin (https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/8173/)? I couldn't find anything in the thread beyond that somebody thought they'd seen some email that said it wasn't her, but she's not on Annie's ruleouts list.

Exclusions

The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:

First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA

Niki Britten 1953 Oregon
Babara Bryson 1951 Oregon
Sharon Giusti 1943 Washington
Debra Pscholka 1958 California
Martha Shelton 1944 Kentucky

Thread #102 contained a list of women that Klee gave us back in 2013 & Christine wasn't on it. I cant see anything that suggested Klee had said she was a rule out or not throughout this thread. Hopefully when Klee next has a chance to look, she will see your post Carbuff :)

I was asked by the Josephine County Sheriff's Deputy who is working on this case (WS member klee) if I would be able to do a reconstruction of Annie from a photo of the skull and a sample of her hair. Of course, I told her I would give it a shot.

This is what I came up with:

857f1248-7dc1-4d2d-9ad0-2d9e9b9f20d3.jpg

The color of her hair shown here is very accurate. And given how bright orange her hair was, I am infering that she had a freckly complexion. Of course, I could be wrong, but hair that orange usually corresponds to a light-freckly complexion.

(Note: This depiction is based on a skull, the clothing and a small quantity of hair found with the body. Fine details, such as her precise hairstyle, the shape of her eyes, lips, etc. are not intended to be exact depictions.)

I was asked by the Josephine County Sheriff's Deputy who is working on this case (WS member klee) if I would be able to do a reconstruction of Annie from a photo of the skull and a sample of her hair. Of course, I told her I would give it a shot.

This is what I came up with:

857f1248-7dc1-4d2d-9ad0-2d9e9b9f20d3.jpg

The color of her hair shown here is very accurate. And given how bright orange her hair was, I am infering that she had a freckly complexion. Of course, I could be wrong, but hair that orange usually corresponds to a light-freckly complexion.

(Note: This depiction is based on a skull, the clothing and a small quantity of hair found with the body. Fine details, such as her precise hairstyle, the shape of her eyes, lips, etc. are not intended to be exact depictions.)

I'm so happy you were asked to do her recon! Thankful to finally see what Annie looks like! Great job as always Carl!

Are you able to add her jewelry somewhere like the bottom or side?

Was there ever a definitive answer about Christine Eastin (https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/8173/)? I couldn't find anything in the thread beyond that somebody thought they'd seen some email that said it wasn't her, but she's not on Annie's ruleouts list.

Exclusions

The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:

First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA

Niki Britten 1953 Oregon
Babara Bryson 1951 Oregon
Sharon Giusti 1943 Washington
Debra Pscholka 1958 California
Martha Shelton 1944 Kentucky

The recon Carl did looks very similar to the age progression of Christine.

Here's a recent article from Oregon Public Broadcasting (OPB), about Annie, which features an interview from KLEE:

http://www.opb.org/news/article/josephine-county-unidentified-body/

I must have missed the article when it was published in September. What caught my attention was it said the buttons were large. I went to her NamUs profile to look at the photo which shows someone's thumb. I measured my thumb, the person's hand doesn't look that large. I would say the button is about an inch, which I don't consider to be large, especially for a coat. I would describe a 2 inch button as large

The pink and tan coat with large pink buttons was also in the box.

It got me looking at her stats, she was 64" which is 5'3" weight was approximately 125
The clothing says a size 13-14 misses Wrangler pants. I wonder if the pants were actually Juniors because misses pants are sized in even numbers. She had a pretty large foot for someone that's 5'3". I'm 5'8" and wear an 8 1/2; but her bra (34B) was not that large. I wonder if maybe she was "bottom heavy"? Her shoes do not appear to be stretched out such as if she had chunky feet.

Checkered pink and beige waist length coat with belt; tan/beige long sleeved turltleneck shirt with zipper in back; white "LOVABLE" brand bra, size 34B; blue denim "WRANGLER" brand jeans, size13-14 misses slim; purple, blue and white striped underwear
Shoes - "PRIMSTYLE" brand brown shoes with square toes medium height heavy heels with straps and gold buckles. Size 8 1/2. Cost $5.95 still seen in sole of shoe.

Wrangler used to (maybe still do) size their women's jeans with a range like that. So 9/10, 11/12, 13/14 etc. That's just how they did it. I don't know why.

She's basically the same size as I was at that age, including the shoe size. And I had an outfit nearly identical to hers, except the jacket was light green and cream and my shoes had a squarer buckle and were probably a Penney's brand. But Lovable bra, Wrangler jeans, zip turtleneck, even daringly not-white underwear [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wrangler used to (maybe still do) size their women's jeans with a range like that. So 9/10, 11/12, 13/14 etc. That's just how they did it. I don't know why.

She's basically the same size as I was at that age, including the shoe size. And I had an outfit nearly identical to hers, except the jacket was light green and cream and my shoes had a squarer buckle and were probably a Penney's brand. But Lovable bra, Wrangler jeans, zip turtleneck, even daringly not-white underwear [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you. I was born in 65, so this is before my teen days

Thank you. I was born in 65, so this is before my teen days

I graduated from high school in June 1971. My mother made the jacket for me (and matching pencil skirt) so I'd have a good outfit for job interviews. I never wore the suit much but I wore the jacket until it frayed into unusablity. I wound up going to college but several of my friends got jobs in dentist's offices, stores like Penney's or Woolworth's, diners and restaurants, tourist places, all that kind of thing. Annie would have fit right in with us. Could have been one of us.

I graduated from high school in June 1971. My mother made the jacket for me (and matching pencil skirt) so I'd have a good outfit for job interviews. I never wore the suit much but I wore the jacket until it frayed into unusablity. I wound up going to college but several of my friends got jobs in dentist's offices, stores like Penney's or Woolworth's, diners and restaurants, tourist places, all that kind of thing. Annie would have fit right in with us. Could have been one of us.

Since you had the same outfit, do you think Annie was dressed up or was she more dressed as every day attire due to wearing jeans with it? I do wonder what size her coat was.

You're very lucky that your mom sewed. Mine didn't. My high school started in 8th grade. I ended up taking sewing in 8th grade; all of the shops (home ec, printing, wood) were required. From the little instruction I had, I taught myself to sew leather, then later on dolls and kids clothes lol

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Just Cami
Back