Identified! OR - Cave Junction, 'Annie Doe' WhtFem UP10929, 16-20, Redwood Hwy, Aug'71 - Annie Lehman

It can be very time consuming to make trees. People not into genealogy think it's easy, that anyone can do what you and DDP do
I don't...it took me month and months to make my grandmothers (from my mother's site) tree. And I just had some names and old correspondence from my grandmother after she died.

@Roselvr - never once thought genealogy was easy, not after lugging around crate after crate of two inch binders filled with research for my great aunt every spring and fall. She documented everything in triplicate by hand, and we, as kids, had the pleasure of helping her move in and out of camp every year.

That is so true. Some of the younger Carbuffs have had DNA done recently and received suggestions for possible relatives, and I'm like, who are these people? There's a person who shows up as being related on two different sides of the family who we didn't think even lived in the same part of the country, let alone near enough to join DNA? One branch of the family was split up after the mother died; several children were raised by relatives with different names. And we all have relatively common names, so when we go on ancestry or other sites, it's almost impossible to tell whether we're looking at one of our ancestors or somebody with similar names and dates. And did I mention that most of them couldn't spell?

And I thought we had a fairly good grasp of our family tree. Nope!

It can be confusing, especially when people married cousins 100 years ago. My son has one where brothers married sisters

This article talks about the NZ Vanstone connection and provides a little more info around the family tree.

It also states that the bra was a red herring, it was actually US manufactured by a company with the same name as the NZ manufacturer. So the bra wasn’t an NZ connection after all.

Kiwi link helps identify woman in 47-year-old US cold case

I am not a biologist. I primarily help them out with building family trees on the DNA matches. I'm currently working on the Ventura Jane Doe case. Since she's a Hispanic woman, her case requires people who can read old Mexican civil registry entries (written in Spanish, and often in sloppy handwriting) dating as far back as the 1700's. I can read Spanish, but few of our volunteers can.

Oh Mexican civil registry entries. I was working to help a hispanic woman find her father a few months back and trying to sift through the marriage records was a nightmare sometimes.

I'd love to get into the genetic genealogy field but clearly my work is cut out for me haha

Should we continue posting about Anne Marie Lehman here ir should we start a new thread now that she has been identified?

Has any new information about her disappearance come to light? I am confused about how sex trafficking is said by some and runaway is said by others.

I have been studying on this case for a bit and have a better timeline for you guys :)

August 1954: Annie is born in Southern Washington.

1954-1965: Annie’s parents, Norma and Albert, divorce.

March 12, 1965: Norma marries Thomas Ostrich.

May 29, 1966: Annie’s half sister, Elizabeth Ostrich, is born.

October 7, 1967: Albert marries Florence Weems.

January 23, 1969: Virginia marries P. Ternsten.

April 4, 1969: Norma and Thomas divorce.

November 18, 1969: Albert and Florence divorce.

December 20, 1970 - May 23, 1971: Annie leaves with a mysterious woman, soon to be tracked down by Mr. Ternsten. He soon learns she accepted a car and wardrobe in exchange to sell Annie into prostitution.

December 20, 1970 - July 19, 1971: Annie dies under suspicious circumstances.

August 19, 1971: Annie’s remains are found in Josephine County, Oregon.

I have looked at Campsites in Northern California and I think I found where she died. The Ramblin’ Redwoods campground is in Crescent City, California (the start of the highway Annie was found on) and it is 1 hour away from where Annie was found in Cave Junction, Oregon. I really do believe this is where Annie died.

MOO

Some of these home life stories are eating away at me and I find them somewhat similar to my Grimm brothers fairy tale of a life. Her father was apparently gone for months at a time and she was addicted to Marijuana. I wonder if she ever made it to San Fran, though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny
Back