OR OR - Cindy King, 15, Grants Pass, 19 July 1977

There is not much out there on Cindy. I did come across a 1978 newspaper clipping posted in Los Angeles.
Capture.JPG

There is not much out there on Cindy. I did come across a 1978 newspaper clipping posted in Los Angeles.
View attachment 300865
I couldn't find any archived mention of Cindy's disappearance online, and COVID interrupted my ability to snoop at the local libraries and whatnot to see if any hard copies of past editions of local papers exist from around that time... but that doesn't mean I'm giving up on this one. Josephine County has a pretty large amount of missing people despite the fact that it's a relatively small area. Somebody out here has to remember her.

there is very little information about her why? I hope the truth comes out
rest in peace

Cindy has 21 UP exclusions but UP13916 is not one of them. Found almost a year later in CA. She is within estimated age range and interesting that the ME noted “large teeth”, which is a unique trait on Cindy as well.

physical characteristic
Large front teeth [from photo at time of discovery]

One interesting question is 'how many Cindy Irene King's' lived in the NW? I ask the question because I am attaching a picture of a marriage record from 1999 between Cindy Irene King and Matthew Wayne Miller, both of Grays Harbour. It comes from Ancestry and is indisputable as it is the original certificate. I cannot explain it except if there was a second Cindy Irene King in the same wider area, and I cannot find a record for another.cindy king.png

One interesting question is 'how many Cindy Irene King's' lived in the NW? I ask the question because I am attaching a picture of a marriage record from 1999 between Cindy Irene King and Matthew Wayne Miller, both of Grays Harbour. It comes from Ancestry and is indisputable as it is the original certificate. I cannot explain it except if there was a second Cindy Irene King in the same wider area, and I cannot find a record for another.View attachment 355155
Don’t believe this is her.
There is another certificate for this marriage and her dob is 1974, also went to school in Washington.

Cindy has 21 UP exclusions but UP13916 is not one of them. Found almost a year later in CA. She is within estimated age range and interesting that the ME noted “large teeth”, which is a unique trait on Cindy as well.

physical characteristic

I think it's worth submitting as a potential match.

physical characteristic

Actually, I submitted this via the Doe Network in June and got a reply a week or so ago, kept meaning to update.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20220726-184515_Gmail.jpg
    SmartSelect_20220726-184515_Gmail.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 22
Actually, I submitted this via the Doe Network in June and got a reply a week or so ago, kept meaning to update.
Oh ok, good to know. Hopefully, this exclusion will be updated with NamUs soon.

Thank you for the update.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nosferatu
Back