OR OR - Coos Bay, UnkSex&Race UP96050, private citizen found partial human cranium in the early 1970's, turned into law enforcement in late 2020, Nov'20

Romulus

Reaction score
Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP96050
Unsure, Uncertain
Date Body Found: November 18, 2020
Location Found: Coos Bay, Oregon

Circumstances of Recovery: A private citizen found a partial human cranium in the early 1970's when he was a child. It was turned into law enforcement in late 2020, and transferred to the State Medical Examiner's Office in late 2021.

Are you telling me someone found this partial cranium back in the 70s and it wasnt turned in until 2020?! I realize the 'finder' was only a child at the time but was there no adult in all these years to inform LE? I guess not. I hope it is id'ed at some point in the near future.

This case was modified today in NamUs. Still no exclusions listed.

Did anyone submit Howard Kley? Wondering if they are comparing the two or possibly other missing persons. Good to see movement.

This case was modified today in NamUs. Still no exclusions listed.

Did anyone submit Howard Kley? Wondering if they are comparing the two or possibly other missing persons. Good to see movement.

Thanks for keeping watch on this case! Interesting development. How was the case modified? Im using cellphone and its more difficult to see details.

Last edited:
NamUs website says it’s experiencing issues, so I can’t access it. I was born in North Bend & living in Coos Bay-North Bend when Howard Kley went missing. I’d like to know where the cranium was found, what time of year, and how the child came across it.

Coos County is rural, heavily wooded, and has many waterways.

Thanks for keeping watch on this case! Interesting development. How was the case modified? Im using cellphone and its more difficult to see details.
There is nothing changed that’s obvious. No photos and no exclusions. Maybe they are working on a comparison.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant
Back