OR OR - David Grubbs, 23, Ashland, 19 Nov 2011

Bumping for David. Here's hoping 2017 is the year for answers. :heartbeat:

Bumping for David. Here's hoping 2017 is the year for answers. :heartbeat:

Thank you for the bump.

I was reading about another case (torture committed by Ronald Ledell Harris) and saw this post:
"Machete, rage, penchant for torture and a home address within 4 miles of the random beheading of David Grubbs walking home from his work which is adjacent to Bi-Mart...hmm."
I am not sure if this is a valid connection but I hope it may help somebody somewhere.

A link to the aforementioned case, and the quote is from its comment section.
http://www.mailtribune.com/news/20170328/ashland-man-sentenced-in-torture-maiming-case

Thank you for the bump.

I was reading about another case (torture committed by Ronald Ledell Harris) and saw this post:
"Machete, rage, penchant for torture and a home address within 4 miles of the random beheading of David Grubbs walking home from his work which is adjacent to Bi-Mart...hmm."
I am not sure if this is a valid connection but I hope it may help somebody somewhere.

A link to the aforementioned case, and the quote is from its comment section.
http://www.mailtribune.com/news/20170328/ashland-man-sentenced-in-torture-maiming-case

:welcome: ORposter1. Thanks for linking this horrible story. I missed hearing about it in local news earlier and I see that there wasn't much coverage when it first happened. What an ordeal. I agree that the info could be helpful. I'll alert the Ashland Police Department handling David's case. Can't hurt. Might help.

We're always on the alert on this thread for people who like machetes as a weapon. This Harris guy has a long history of violence and the sheriff thinks there have been more victims. If they survived, they probably went into hiding as Toughill claims he did on his page, which we can't link. It is worth reading his story and updates though. On the news FB pages Hall has a couple of female defenders, go figure.

:welcome: to Websleuths Corkey! Thanks for stopping by. You've done some interesting research. I've linked WS rules below which has links included that go into more detail. The one that applies to your post is that we can't link social media unless it's that of an actual case player, such as the victim or a person of interest or suspect. Although that limits us in posting the results of our sleuthing, it prevents starting rumors and harming innocent people. That doesn't prevent us from sleuthing and holding onto the results for future reference. I've done that myself. But at this point, we can't really discuss your idea. I'll alert a mod who can decide what to do.

I hope you'll stick around and check out other cases. David's is actually still under investigation and the Ashland Police Department appreciates any tips or ideas they get. So thanks for your interest and efforts!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

Sorry about this post if it isn't regulation, but I was curious to know if convicted murderers Lampley, Alligood, or Algold were known to frequent a trailer in Central Point Oregon. Its off the cuff it seems but need more info.I know there is suspicion of possible involvement in the David Grubbs tragedy. Not trying to stir rumor
but more clarification for possible ways to connect or eliminate.

Sorry about this post if it isn't regulation, but I was curious to know if convicted murderers Lampley, Alligood, or Algold were known to frequent a trailer in Central Point Oregon. Its off the cuff it seems but need more info.I know there is suspicion of possible involvement in the David Grubbs tragedy. Not trying to stir rumor
but more clarification for possible ways to connect or eliminate.

:welcome: to Websleuths MedicatedGarden. I haven't heard that Lampley and Alligood were known to frequent a trailer in Central Point, but that doesn't mean they didn't. Can you elaborate on your thoughts without mentioning random people? If you know something you can't talk about here but think is important or worth looking at, be sure to pass it along to the Chief of the Ashland Police Dept, Tighe O'Meara. He will turn it over to the detective in charge of David's case. tighe.omeara@ashland.or.us Every tip counts!

I did suggest to the chief that APD take a look at Lampley in connection to David's murder because of Lampley's history with sharp weapons. Of course, I don't know what came of it, but he was grateful for the interest.

I will try to elaborate without breaking any rules... I lived in the area and had a relative whom i love dearly who had a substance abuse problem. One day I was giving her a ride and she made me stay in the car when we arrived at her destination. She tolde to lock the doors and she would be right back. While waiting for her to return I saw an obviously agitated young man pacing and staring at my car. It was unnerving and when my relative returned she got in quickly and mentioned that the reason she made me lock my doors was due to her seeing the same young man carrying a machete around the same time of the bike path murder. The young man was very unstable and aggressive. Her fear was translated to me as a sick feeling that hit me in the gut. Fear has kept me from fully discussing this to anyone as I didn't want to proxy any unintended harm to my relative but it's been so long and I feel like I should maybe at least try to clarify my thoughts with the hopes of easing pain and toil created by silence.

I will try to elaborate without breaking any rules... I lived in the area and had a relative whom i love dearly who had a substance abuse problem. One day I was giving her a ride and she made me stay in the car when we arrived at her destination. She tolde to lock the doors and she would be right back. While waiting for her to return I saw an obviously agitated young man pacing and staring at my car. It was unnerving and when my relative returned she got in quickly and mentioned that the reason she made me lock my doors was due to her seeing the same young man carrying a machete around the same time of the bike path murder. The young man was very unstable and aggressive. Her fear was translated to me as a sick feeling that hit me in the gut. Fear has kept me from fully discussing this to anyone as I didn't want to proxy any unintended harm to my relative but it's been so long and I feel like I should maybe at least try to clarify my thoughts with the hopes of easing pain and toil created by silence.

Thanks so much for sharing this. What a scary experience! Hugs!! I can understand your fear for your relative. No doubt she was involved with sketchy people. From your first post, I assume that your relative visited a trailer in Central Point and you saw this young man in that area.

Here's what I would suggest if you feel up to it. Pass this info along to APD without mentioning your relative's name, but explain the scenario you just described. Describe the young man (approximate height, weight and coloring, clothing) and say specifically where you saw him (address) if you remember. You might ask about whether Lampley was known in the area also. This may be a missing piece or may not be, but then you'll know you did what you could. You don't have to give LE any more information, even if they ask (like your relative's name).

To ease your mind, I have a feeling that anyone who was ever seen with a sharp weapon was already reported to APD near the time of the attack. I even suggested they take a look at a well known local homeless mentally ill man who had threatened violence, but I'd never known him to carry a weapon. In retrospect, I think he was probably too small to have done this. I think it had to be someone fairly tall and strong as David was tall. I've wondered if LE has ever been able to figure out the size of the attacker by the wound angle, etc.

I hope giving this info to LE will ease your pain. It's hard to carry this burden. Anything you can do to help David's parents learn what happened to their son will make you feel better, I'm sure. Do keep us posted. :heartbeat:

Thank you Lilibet. Your sincerity is really moving and helps take the edge off. I remember her commenting about how dangerous and sadistic this young man was. How she'd seen him day of or before David's murder hitting people's vehicles with this machete and he had been on the bike path that day. I was pretty shocked and unnerved given I hadn't even heard of the murder at that time. It was all too much to take in and been carrying this weight ever since.

Thank you Lilibet. Your sincerity is really moving and helps take the edge off. I remember her commenting about how dangerous and sadistic this young man was. How she'd seen him day of or before David's murder hitting people's vehicles with this machete and he had been on the bike path that day. I was pretty shocked and unnerved given I hadn't even heard of the murder at that time. It was all too much to take in and been carrying this weight ever since.

Good for you to being brave enough to post here. No doubt it was tough after holding it in for so long and being in an uncomfortable position. Do what's right for you. I agree with Lilibet though, if you're comfortable, speak to police.
No matter what, all the best.

Thanks snoopster. I'm very touched by the support and kindness offered by this group of full hearted people. It's really cowardly and pretty despicable I haven't come forward, despite whatever repercussions. I'm pretty disgusted at my lack of courage. This could all be coincidence too but I can't imagine the relentless pain the family endures. Shame on me really. David and his family deserve all effort and any pebble of info could make a serious ripple in helps to solving this case.

Thanks snoopster. I'm very touched by the support and kindness offered by this group of full hearted people. It's really cowardly and pretty despicable I haven't come forward, despite whatever repercussions. I'm pretty disgusted at my lack of courage. This could all be coincidence too but I can't imagine the relentless pain the family endures. Shame on me really. David and his family deserve all effort and any pebble of info could make a serious ripple in helps to solving this case.

Please don't kick yourself MG. You've had a lot to juggle with your relative's issues and the understandable trauma of dealing with that, as well as being in close proximity to the scary person you described. I wouldn't call your silence cowardly and despicable at all. Sometimes we just do what we have to do to survive, whether physically or emotionally. And that can mean shutting down as a protection. Don't compare yourself to others. We all have different backgrounds and situations and some have been dealt an innately stronger "courage card" than others. It's taken a LOT of courage to open up here and I admire you for that and support whatever you feel you can do. :heartbeat:

I've never posted on this thread, I only just stumbled onto it this morning while searching murders on trails that involved a hatchet. I have been following the case of Liberty German and Abigail Williams from Delphi, IN which is also here on Websleuths. Delphi is a small town, Libby and Abby were young girls murdered while out on an afternoon trail/bridge walk last February. (The manner in which they were killed has never been revealed by LE.) Yesterday news broke out of Colorado that a repeat registered sex offender from Indiana was arrested, found with a hatchet and a gun, and may be the person who has been threatening people with a hatchet in an area where a mountain cyclist was found murdered near a trail very recently. I've no idea if there's a connection to David Grubbs but it might be worth keeping an eye on. The man arrested is a former marine and repeat sex offender who appears to be more transient than not. He was arrested 3/9/2011 in his hometown of Chesnee, SC for DUI, but so far I haven't been able to find his whereabouts for November, 2011. http://www.mugshotsonline.com/south-carolina/chesnee/daniel-james-nations/30703742
This is not a MSM article but it's a summary of what's occurring with the breaking news in Colorado and possible connection to Indiana:
http://heavy.com/news/2017/09/daniel-nations-colorado-hatchet-man-delphi-indiana-murders-photos/

This story is only just now hitting the national news: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/2...inked-to-murdered-indiana-teens-cops-say.html

This is Libby & Abby's most recent thread, #68:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...3-amp-Liberty-German-14-Delphi-13-Feb-2017-68

As I said, I can't find where this suspect was in Nov '11, so it could be something or nothing, but I wanted to alert those following. My heartfelt condolences to the family and loved ones of David.

Thanks for posting kizzykat. It’s good to have a new set of eyes on David’s case. I know local LE keep tabs on cases involving sharp objects. It will be six years in November since David was murdered. A break is so needed!

Bumping with a 2016 article.
One of the most tragic unsolved murder mysteries in Jackson County is the horrific death five years ago of David Michael Grubbs.
The 23-year-old Ashland resident was found murdered on the Central Ashland Bike Path near the Hunter Park tennis courts at about 5:35 p.m. on Nov. 19, 2011. An autopsy determined he was nearly decapitated from a weapon with a medium to large blade, police said.
Grubbs, who lived on California Street and worked at the local Shop’n Kart, was walking home from work when he was attacked.

Investigators said Grubbs didn’t appear to have any defensive wounds, and that his wallet and money were left in his pocket after he was killed. His body was found by a passerby about a half hour after his murder.

Grubbs was well known and well liked in Ashland. He had played in the Ashland High School orchestra and for the Youth Symphony of Southern Oregon. He played the upright bass and also the electric bass guitar.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=Davi...UICigB&biw=1366&bih=659#imgrc=_fvtG4W91HJALM:
attachment.php

Attachments

• 11D_0238DavidGrubbs.jpg
    11D_0238DavidGrubbs.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 50
Unsolved for six years. But not forgotten. May David Grubbs’ killer be found soon. Someone knows something!

So I was talking to a family member who was living with the guy who i mentioned before, the one who was toting around the machete. He told me that , in a very nonchalant way, that he believes for sure that he was the one responsible for David's murder. He was living with him and every time a car came down the dirt road past the trailer f.j.h. would hide thinking it was the cops. This kid was super high on meth and did it because of his gang ties ms13. He wanted to prove something. It was totally random and that kud is now in jail for shooting and killing a roommate over drugs. So scary.

So I was talking to a family member who was living with the guy who i mentioned before, the one who was toting around the machete. He told me that , in a very nonchalant way, that he believes for sure that he was the one responsible for David's murder. He was living with him and every time a car came down the dirt road past the trailer f.j.h. would hide thinking it was the cops. This kid was super high on meth and did it because of his gang ties ms13. He wanted to prove something. It was totally random and that kud is now in jail for shooting and killing a roommate over drugs. So scary.

@MedicatedGarden I meant to reply and encourage you to give LE this tip, now that this person is in jail. It might give David’s parents some peace.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Betts79