OR OR - Faun Moulton Moon, 50, Eugene, 1 Mar 1969

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score

Faun Mouton Moon
Lane County, Oregon
50 year old white female

Hair: Sandy, short
Eyes: Hazel

Height (inches)
66.0 to 67.5
Weight (pounds)

Scar abdomen

very thin eyebrows

Clothing and accessories:
Bright turquoise knee length wool coat with black fur collar. Blue cotton nightgown and robe.
Brown loafers
Jewelry: None
Eyewear: None (she generally wore glasses but left them at home).

Circumstances: Distraught over her recent divorce, MP put her financial affairs in order, sent letters of good bye to her daughters, and walked away from her home and family, never to be heard of again.

Dental information / charting is currently not available

DNA Status: Samples submitted - Tests not complete

Fingerprint information is currently not available

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/14022/

I wonder about this case. There are multiple examples of family tree on genealogical sites which give her death in 2005 in Oregon, but annoyingly without further details or sources. Examples are;

Faun (Moulton) Moon (1918-2005) | WikiTree FREE Family Tree and
Thomas Jensen Moulton (1892-1979) | FamilySearch

It seems that either she reappeared at some point and the authorities were not notified or she lives under the radar until 2005, when her death became known to some relatives, or the 2005 death is an error, perhaps transmitted from one genealogical site to another (as sometimes happens). Normally I would favour the last explanation, but 2005 is a very specific date with no obvious reason other than knowledge on someone's part.

I wonder about this case. There are multiple examples of family tree on genealogical sites which give her death in 2005 in Oregon, but annoyingly without further details or sources. Examples are;

Faun (Moulton) Moon (1918-2005) | WikiTree FREE Family Tree and
Thomas Jensen Moulton (1892-1979) | FamilySearch

It seems that either she reappeared at some point and the authorities were not notified or she lives under the radar until 2005, when her death became known to some relatives, or the 2005 death is an error, perhaps transmitted from one genealogical site to another (as sometimes happens). Normally I would favour the last explanation, but 2005 is a very specific date with no obvious reason other than knowledge on someone's part.

I agree, that is strange. Another possible explanation is someone with a similar name died in 2005 and distant relatives may have concluded it was her without knowing anything about her. This happens sometimes when no death records can be found-- the researcher finds a record that could fit and makes a false assumption-- maybe a record was found of someone else with a close spelling (like "Fawn" instead of "Faun")-- the researcher assumes it was a name variation and puts it down as her death date without any more research, then the bad info gets passed on without a source. JMO.

It would be great to know if she took her vehicle or any money with her, or if she just walked away.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592
Back