OR OR - Fauna Frey, 45, Grants Pass, 29 Jun 2020

indicolite22

Reaction score
fauna_frey_2_0bc8e95f7e1f1b96ab6d7a226dea8157.fit-720w.jpg

News article from 3 days ago: Search continues for woman last seen leaving Super 8 hotel in Grants Pass, Oregon

The last confirmed sighting of Fauna is a video of her leaving the hotel the next day, June 29, between 8:30-9 a.m. with her bags and personal belongings.

She lost her brother to a heart attack on June 19, which left her distraught. Her father is her only close relative left, after having lost her mother and younger sister in the 2000s. She lives in Dexter, OR and was in Grants Pass visiting her brother's friend. After staying at the Super 8 motel she had a room booked at cosier Weasku Inn for the next night, but she never arrived there. Her father reported her missing on July 5. Her vehicle, a blue Jeep Grand Cherokee, is also missing.

There's a timeline posted on the fb page dedicated to find her, run by her friend:
Help Find Fauna Frey

A local true crime youtuber recently retraced her steps, making a video of the key locations.

Last edited:
"Josephine County Sheriff Dave Daniel told NBC affiliate KOBI5 that Fauna’s bank account hasn’t been accessed since June 29. He also noted that Fauna never checked in at the inn where her reservation was taken and her credit card charged." From the link above.

Sadly, this looks a lot like so many cases of suicide that we've seen before.

jmo

According to the timeline, she spent one of the previous nights in her vehicle. The day before she disappearded she spoke to her father on the phone from the motel, despite leaving her cellphone at home. She didn't bring her luggage either. After the call she went to two stores and bought a few items before returning to the motel.

At Big 5 Sporting Goods in Grants Pass she purchases a lantern, 3 flashlights, capris, tennis shoes, and a sports bra. At the Grants Pass Fred Meyer she purchases socks, VO5 Shampoo, Pantene conditioner, 2 Burts Bees, 1 deli sandwich, 1 bag of potato chips, some active wear clothing, and 2 cans of Foster.

I'm wondering what the lantern and flashlights were for. Was she planning on staying out in her Jeep again? It was her father who encouraged her to book another hotel which she did.

Following. I hope she’s nowhere near the fire/evacuation areas.
She's been missing since 06.29, so I don't think the most recent fires would have any impact on her whereabouts. Although Grants Pass isn't too far from Medford (maybe 30 miles) , and I have a friend who's entire neighborhood was literally burned to the ground there just last week. So if her and her vehicle are still in the area, they might be where the fire damage has occured?

jmo

She's been missing since 06.29, so I don't think the most recent fires would have any impact on her whereabouts. Although Grants Pass isn't too far from Medford (maybe 30 miles) , and I have a friend who's entire neighborhood was literally burned to the ground there just last week. So if her and her vehicle are still in the area, they might be where the fire damage has occured?

jmo
I was thinking along the lines she’s no longer alive- since no bank activity. Since we don’t know what happened to her or where she ended up after disappearance/ abduction/ suicide, she could have ended up in an area near fire. If remains were in a forest fire hot enough to turn metal & concrete buildings into rubble, ever finding or IDing would be nearly impossible.

"Josephine County Sheriff Dave Daniel told NBC affiliate KOBI5 that Fauna’s bank account hasn’t been accessed since June 29. He also noted that Fauna never checked in at the inn where her reservation was taken and her credit card charged." From the link above.
Sadly, this looks a lot like so many cases of suicide that we've seen before.
jmo

Suicide? Why do you think that? If the car is also missing, which I believe it still is, that leads me to think its an accident, not suicide.
BBM

I have personally followed way too many cases here on WS that turned out to be suicide, sadly. So that possibility is one that I always keep in mind. She had found her brother dead, she had just visited his friend and it may have been too much for her.

“Frey, lost his wife and daughter more than a decade ago and in June his son, died unexpectedly. Fauna, 45, was the one who found her older brother's body, according to an NBC report.

Frey last spoke to his daughter on June 28, when she checked into a Super 8 hotel in Grants Pass. He mentioned that his daughter was still mourning the sudden death of her brother and said she sounded “distressed” over the phone. He suggested that she find a cabin to rent so she would be more comfortable.”
Where Is Fauna Frey? Father Fears Daughter Missing After Leaving Oregon Super 8 Hotel May Have Been Abducted

The Weasku Inn is not on a remote road, so her car would probably have been found if she had an accident. Of course, anything is possible, and I realize suicide is an uncomfortable possibility for many to consider, but we just can’t rule it out IMO. It is often an impulsive act, defying the logic of the known circumstances (purchases, reservation, etc.).

Weasku Inn

I’m reminded of the case of Jennifer Huston of Dundee OR, the mother of two small children. She was missing for two weeks before being found in a remote area by her car, having committed suicide by asphyxiation. Because she had made a few purchases caught on camera before disappearing, we wouldn’t have thought of suicide except that she purchased sleeping pills. Her family was not aware that she was in such a dark place. :(

Missing Oregon Mom Committed Suicide

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
echizenryoma
Back