Found Deceased OR - Gwen Brunelle, 27, from Boise ID, Last Seen in Jordan Valley, 27 June 2023 *Car Found*

Knox

Reaction score
1688352768974.png

1688352799562.png

JORDAN VALLEY, OREGON (CBS2) — Malheur County Search and Rescue along with several other rescue crews are searching for Gwen Brunelle who went missing last week.

Gwen's vehicle was found on Succor Creek Rd. 0.4 miles west of highway 95 in Malheur County last Friday, June 30th.

According to a Facebook post she may have wandered off or was abducted. Brunelle left Boise on Monday June, 26th. She was last seen the following day near a Sinclair gas Station in Jordan Valley, Oregon.

Gwen Is 27 years old, 5 ft. 7 in. tall and 160 lbs. She has brown eyes and medium brown hair.

Several rescue crews including Idaho Mountain Search and Rescue unit as well as Ontario Fire along with volunteers have been searching for Gwen using drones, dogs, UTV's, and on foot.

IDAHO MISSING PERSONS
CLEARINGHOUSE​

viewPhoto

GWENDOLYN MARGARET BRUNELLE​

Last Contact: 06/26/2023 (age 27)

Race:
Height:
Weight:
Hair Color:
Eye Color:

Female
White
5'07"
130 lbs
Red
Brown
LEFT ON A TRIP AND HAS NOT CHECKED IN, POSSIBLY TRAVELING IN A 2008 GRAY HONDA ELEMENT WITH IDAHO PL#5WT6X
If you have any information concerning GWENDOLYN please contact
BOISE PD @ (208)577-3000

Gwen's vehicle was found on Succor Creek Rd. 0.4 miles west of highway 95 in Malheur County last Friday, June 30th.

According to a Facebook post she may have wandered off or was abducted. Brunelle left Boise on Monday June, 26th. She was last seen the following day near a Sinclair gas Station in Jordan Valley, Oregon.

Gwen Is 27 years old, 5 ft. 7 in. tall and 160 lbs. She has brown eyes and medium brown hair.

Several rescue crews including Idaho Mountain Search and Rescue unit as well as Ontario Fire along with volunteers have been searching for Gwen using drones, dogs, UTV's, and on foot

The article says according to a Facebook post she may have wondered off or been abducted. What Facebook post is this referencing?
I don't think I'm allowed to link it, but there is a post on Facebook by that is easy to find by searching Gwen's name. It's approximately 12 hours old right now and appears to be from her father or a male relative. His intitals are AB. Check the first post of the thread and you will see the very begining of his post.

Gray Hughes covered her case tonight. It is the first case discussed, between 4:02 - 45:42. He spends about 15 min reading the "A Hop Along Friend" story that was linked here -- I skipped over that part because I had already read it here. There is no new information, but his maps are really great. He said to stay tuned, that he will try to find more information for tomorrow.

I live close enough to here that I've driven that road to go hiking. Just my experience, but no idea why anyone would stop somewhere other than a marked trailhead. Very rough terrain with changing elevations. Rattlesnakes. Iffy cell service. Wandering off would be a bad idea unless you had maps and a compass, imo, and even then... it would be easy to get lost not very far from the road. On the other hand, in summer there are a reasonable number of people driving out there for camping, boating on Lake Owyhee, hiking, etc. It's isolated but not unpopulated, if that makes sense.

Jul 3, 2023

[..] Brunelle is described as 5-foot-7, about 160 pounds, with brown eyes and medium brown hair.

“She may have wandered from the car or was abducted,” according to a flyer her family and friends have been sharing.

“She may present as disoriented.”

Anyone with information on Brunelle’s whereabouts is asked to call Boise Police at 208-377-6790 or the Malheur County Sheriff’s Office at 541-473-5125.

Just to note, depending on the source she is either 160 lbs or 130 lbs. Not sure if that is just a straight-up error of if her weight changed drastically of late. It may not matter but I can imagine some relevancy so I figured it doesn't hurt to point that out.

An example of 160 lbs. is the immediate prior post. Linked below is an example of 130 lbs.

Dear Websleuths Members and Guests,

Websleuths will go dark if we don't raise the money for the server.

We have raised a little over 400 dollars.

We need another $1,300.00 to have enough to pay for the server.
Below are the ways you can donate.
PayPal Pay Websleuths.com, LLC using PayPal.Me
Venmo name Tricia-Griffith-14
OR
Cash App $tgrif14
Zelle use triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com

Be sure and put "server" in the memo.

The advertising has been awful this year. I am so sorry that I have to ask.

Please, only donate if you can afford to do so. DO NOT DONATE ONE PENNY UNLESS YOU ARE SURE YOU CAN.

I will post when we have reached our goal.

Please do not discuss on this thread.
CLICK HERE to post any questions.

Thank you, everyone. I appreciate your help.
Take Care,
Tricia Griffith

Owner/Websleuths.com
P.S. I will post when we have reached our goal
on this thread

This KTVB Article says it was updated July 5 (yesterday) - I don't see any new information, though.

I wonder why she originally left Boise. I also wonder why family members say she may present as disoriented?

More about the search from that article:

Several rescue crews, including Malheur County Search and Rescue, Idaho Mountain Search and Rescue, the Ontario Fire Department, and volunteers, have been searching for Brunelle on foot, on horseback, and by using drones, dogs and UTVs.

Focused around the area of the car, especially:

"Our interest has really been around the vehicle that we located," Malheur County Undersheriff David Kesey said. "The evidence with the vehicle kind of indicated she was there at some point, so we're just really trying to search that area to see if we can locate her. We've had airplanes, we had a helicopter up [Wednesday], we've had ground crews. We have ongoing searches planned. It's a big area, it's a rough area. So, it really takes a lot of work to say that you have cleared that area."

And a link to the FB post about the article since sometimes locals chime in with interesting comments knowing the location. Log into Facebook

“Today we're really focused on the ground search, so we have crews from all over easter Oregon Idaho and we're all out here looking for Gwen,” Kesey says.

“The area that you can search from is not anything like you can see on the ground. You have the canyons and a lot of country that you have to cover,” says Kesey.

Brunelle's parents were at the search as well, however, did not want to speak on camera.

Kesey continues saying “Leads is what brought us here, so her vehicle was found here a lot of her property was with the vehicle so a lot of leads that we have just tell us that she was in this area.”

“I think we've gotten that out before that if anybody does think they have information they can contact Boise police department, Malheur County sheriff's office we're definitely interested in information related to this area if somebody saw something unusually suspicious,” says Undersheriff Kesey.

VALE – A search for a missing Boise woman who vanished in southern Malheur County more than a week ago was suspended Friday, July 7.

Gwen Brunelle, 27, was last seen Tuesday, June 27, at the Sinclair gas station in Jordan Valley. Search crews were activated Saturday, July 1, after Brunelle’s car was found about a half mile from Succor Creek Road west of U.S. Highway 95 near the Idaho/Oregon border, Friday, June 30.

An extensive search – including more than 50 people – Thursday, July 6, in the Succor Creek area failed to turn up any sign of Brunelle, said Dave Kesey, Malheur County undersheriff.

“We had several different agencies, search and rescue members, volunteers and family friends and really didn’t get anything,” said Kesey.

A helicopter search was conducted Wednesday, July 5, in the area but it failed to find Brunelle.

Kesey said the search for the woman is suspended unless “we find some new information.”

Kesey said there is no evidence of foul play in Brunelle’s disappearance.

Brunelle is 5-foot-7 and weighs about 160 pounds with brown eyes and medium brown hair.
“We really have nothing to even to go on on our end,” said Kesey.

Anyone with information about Brunelle can contact the sheriff’s office at 541-473-5125 or the Boise Police Department at (208) 377-6790.

JUL 10

JORDAN VALLEY, Oregon (CBS2) — Malheur County Search and Rescue and other rescue crews are still looking for 27-year-old Gwen Brunelle. She was last seen on June 27 at the Sinclair gas station in Jordan Valley, Oregon, after leaving her home in Boise on June 26.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ
Back