GUILTY OR - Heather Mallory, 32, Portland, 8 March 2008

I just read this thread and it really hit home. I lived in Portland for three years and was also a culinary student. Although it was a different school that Heather attended. A couple things I can say about living in Portland and attending a culinary school, students work hard and party hard. Not all, but from my experience, most. It was not all that uncommon to meet up and close a bar and then hang out at someone's apartment until sunrise. And I agree with previous posts that Heather was a mother and too professional to just leave. I am wondering why the Portland PD is being so tight-lipped. One big question I have is did they interview the people she was with? Did she have the arguement with the husband and then meet up with someone she partied with? Is there any info on where her car was found?

I wonder if LE has any evidence that would prove the husband killed his wife?
I still would like to know if they went over the home with a fine tooth comb after the husband moved and if they had the chance to go over his vehicle?
It just seems like they didn't do much at all when they had the chance.

I wonder if LE has any evidence that would prove the husband killed his wife?
I still would like to know if they went over the home with a fine tooth comb after the husband moved and if they had the chance to go over his vehicle?
It just seems like they didn't do much at all when they had the chance.

Did you think that maybe, just maybe...the professionals involved in the investigation might have a reason for not releasing the details of the case? Like maybe because it's an ONGOING investigation and releasing details may compromise the case? Would you like to see the individual responsible get off on a technicality because of them jeopardizing the case by releasing too much information?

There's a lot more video and information posted on http://www.koinlocal6.com/. Her hubby looks like a real "Prince" in this by the way. The news story last night was heartbreaking. I can't imagine not knowing where my daughter is. My heart goes out to her little boy and her parents.

I am watching her miserable excuse for a husband right now on that video. He is so obviously shifty and lying. He can't make eye contact, he tries to play the victim, fake cries, etc. I don't buy his denials for one second. Did anyone see and hear the anger in his voice as he accuses her of cheating on him? Not to mention he looks like he is on something in the video. Everything that comes out of his mouth is me, me, me. "I'm ruined."

I loved how he wore his ball cap the whole time and never looked that the reporter or the camera.

He also publicly admitted motive in that she was cheating on him. And his fear of losing his son...although I don't buy him being afraid that SHE would come and take him from school. Probably more like he's afraid that her parents might. I can see where they would want to. But she probably said she was going to take River and leave and he went over the top. Heck, I'd want to leave.

Poor kid. Can you imagine being a 3 year old having to live with that kind of person? Like having a homicidal drunk Eeyore for a dad.

WHEN he finally gets arrested, that child is going to need so much love and attention. His Dad is obviously so caught up in himself that I highly doubt he's a very emotionally giving father. And now he has no Mom to counterbalance the negativity.

It's also pretty noticable in his "me me me" mentality that ne never once expresses sympathies to her parents and family.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/19421144.html

A local mother mysteriously vanishes and now comes word that her husband failed a lie detector test, despite being adamant that he had nothing to do with her disappearance.

"I was offered a voluntary lie detector (test), and I said, 'OK, I'll come in and take it to clear my name,' and it completely backfired on me," said Brian Cole.

much more at link

Brooke Wilberger's case got me thinking about Heather. I thought I would bump her thread up and post a link to AMW for anyone not familiar with her case.

Portland, Ore. Mom Goes Missing After Fight With Husband

On March 7, 2008, 32-year-old Heather Mallory-Cole attended culinary school and worked a full shift before going out for the night with a few friends. Portland cops say that when she returned home at 7:30 the next morning, she got into an argument with her husband, Brian Cole. Authorities say that Heather ended the argument by storming out of the house and hasn't been heard from since.
>>The Full Story

http://www.amw.com/missing_persons/brief.cfm?id=54238

Thanks SuziQ! You are right, I wasn't familiar with this case!

Thank you for bumping, Suzi. I think of Heather often.

Thanks for the info here...

I have not read the whole thread....I have read enough

I really hate to say it but I have to agree with your first post...

"argue with husband, leaves and not seen"....hmm...

the fact that he is not even asking for updates on his missing wife is sooo telling

simple logic here says that we have all seen "this" case over and over, different names, states, etc...but the basic premise the same

I think it is good to remind women that the MOST DANGEROUS TIME IS WHEN THEY ARE READY TO LEAVE A MAN....that is when an unstable man will snap...if they have had problems before, those problems can come to a boil and result in tragedy. This is a statistic I have read. I hope there will be more info for Heather, some cases just don't seem to get the attention that others do do they??

I am sad that the anniversary of her going missing went by without much press.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti
Back