GUILTY OR - Isabella Smith, 2, killed, 13yo injured, Cannon Beach, 31 July 2014

Couldn't determine where she had gone. The coast guard helped hit logging roads and other areas without a lot of traffic. The coast guard helped looking in those areas and it worked out great.

Jessica Smith will appear in Clatsop County Circuit Court Monday for arraignment, DA said. Grand jury then will convene.

Jessica Smith was found off a logging road about 15 miles east of Cannon Beach, police said.

"She appears to be in good health," DA said of Jessica Smith.

What was her mental state: Atty steps in and says all we can say is she appeared to be in good health and didn't need medical attention.

They have advised AS that her mother is okay and beyond that won't discuss what she said.

What was JS doing out there? sitting there, wandering around? He doesn't have specifics about what she was doing. Coast guard saw car off logging road.

Won't discuss anything about the custody issues.
Unknown if she had any weapons in the car.
Aggravated murder charges are what she is facing unless Grand Jury changes it. This is the most severe form of murder in Oregon that can be committed. In this case the murder of a child under the age of 14. Can lead to death penalty but way too soon.

Shaniqua Manning ‏@ShaniquaManning 2m
Jessica Smith will be arraigned at 1:15 tomorrow in aggravated murder of her 2 yo girl, and attempted aggravated murder of her 13 yo girl

I guess it is a matter of what you consider normal. Many people (appear) normal, but aren't. Everyone said Ted Bundy was 'normal'. Look how that turned out. What looks like normal often turns out to be anything but normal. Normal is a matter of prospective, not actually truth.

Judd, though shocked to hear what had happened to his nieces, had trouble believing his sister was capable of such violence.

"I can't imagine my sister ever doing something like that," said Judd. "She had a heart of gold, and growing up, she never harmed anyone or anything and never spoke of such a thing."

http://www.kptv.com/story/26185675/...ler-found-dead-in-cannon-beach?autostart=true

This is absolutely heart breaking. :( I just can't wrap my mind around it. Anyone that has experienced a murder within the family? These cases throw (or do me) literally in to shock. :(

Won't discuss anything about the custody issues.
Unknown if she had any weapons in the car.
Aggravated murder charges are what she is facing unless Grand Jury changes it. This is the most severe form of murder in Oregon that can be committed. In this case the murder of a child under the age of 14. Can lead to death penalty but way too soon.

And also said it could potentially carry the DP.

Rebecca Woolington @rwoolington · 12s

Watching *******, 13, recover from cut wounds is good to see, police chief said. DA said she could be released in a few days from hospital.

Bless her. What must it be like to have your Mom, who you love and is supposed to love you more than life itself, attack you with a knife? (or whatever the sharp object was). The horror of this crime just breaks my heart.

A Coast Guard helicopter crew conducting an aerial search for suspect Jessica Smith spotted her SUV around 5:30 p.m. Sunday, along a logging road located just off Highway 26. The helicopter crew alerted officers on the ground, who quickly moved in to capture Smith, according to Cannon Beach Police Chief Jason Schermerhorn.

Smith was not armed, did not appear to be injured and was arrested without incident, Schermerhorn said. He added that she was being questioned by police and they believe she had been in the "heavily forested area" about 15 miles from Cannon Beach since Friday.

http://www.kgw.com/news/Report-Mom-...ordered-to-release-kids-to-dad-269755561.html

The family of Greg Smith, the brother of Jessica Smith of Goldendale, Washington, released this statement Sunday night on behalf of his family. His sister was arrested in the Cannon Beach slaying of 2-year-old Isabella Smith, her daughter:

"We are extremely grateful for the outpouring of sympathy and support from Cannon Beach and the surrounding communities. We would also like to thank all the law enforcement agencies for their tireless efforts. Special thanks is given to the caregivers and other support individuals for their empathy and skilled care of our whole family.

"Our family is working through a very difficult time, and we would request that our privacy be respected. If, in the future, any member of the family wishes to speak with media, we will reach out directly or through police officials.

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...n_beach_killing_jessica_s_2.html#incart_river

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvfire1018
Back