OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
That scenario makes a lot of sense to me, that he ran to get something else out of the car, but stepmom was already gone (time difference 8:45 when she left to 9am when he was last seen), and somebody grabbed him.

I don't think Kyron just wandered off. Descriptions say that was an unlikely behavior for him, and I think his focus that morning was on the excitement of the science fair, so he would have been geared to staying inside the school.

But I can see in that same excitement, that perhaps a part of his project, or a forgotten lunch bag, or maybe a prop or costume part for the talent show was forgotten in the car, and he tried to dash out to retrieve it.

I'm convinced this is an abduction, and that a predator took advantage of the unusual number of people, distraction, and lack of security at the school.

I think the predator is someone from the area, possibly a recent school employee or volunteer or contract worker. I base that on a familiarity with the lack of school security.

I hate to doubt a child. I really do. But I'm not sure the other child saw Kyron in the late morning. I'm not dismissing it completely, because again, I just hate to doubt a child. I don't think he was lying by any means, but may have been mistaken about who he saw, or what time he saw him.

I agree.

My guess this is a result of the school's almost "open policy" that morning. Seems like parents and children were coming in and out at a rapid pace. This was someone who knew this event was going on. It wasn't a random out of place stranger in a gray pickup truck.

They hopefully are looking at lists of male parents. Furthermore -- That list should be narrowed down to which of these parents didn't go to THEIR job Friday. Break it down even further to male parents who are convicted sex offenders.

Could be Kyron knew the abductor so he didn't seem anxious about walking out the front door with him. If the perp was stopped on the way out and questioned -- he could have played it off -- and Kyron could have gone back to class.

When he wasn't stopped -- there was really nothing at that point stopping him.

It was someone though that looked like they fit in.

BBM. That is a good point

Also, I don't find it a bit odd that the school advertised the events on their school sign. That is pretty typical where I live too.

BBM. That is a good point

Also, I don't find it a bit odd that the school advertised the events on their school sign. That is pretty typical where I live too.

Same here. I don't find it odd, just that it would serve as an alert to someone looking to abduct a child and with enough knowledge of and familiarity with the school to feel reasonably comfortable doing so.

I don't remember reading anything anywhere that stated that Kyron's Science project was brought in on Friday morning. I could be wrong, but it would seem to me, that since the Science Fair started (or was open for viewing) as early as 8 AM, that all the Science Fair projects would have most likely been dropped off at the school the day before or sooner.

Other children did ride the bus on Science Fair morning, so some must have either brought their Science projects on the bus, or brought it in the day before or earlier.

If anyone can find a link that states step mom and Kyron brought the Science project in on Friday June 4, the day he disappeared, I would be interested in seeing it.

I believe the reason Teri (step mom) drove Kyron to school that morning was so she could attend the Science Fair with him. Looks like she wanted to get a picture of him with his Science project.

*snipped*

Since the projects made the desks basically unusable for class, they must have been set up either after school on Thursday or before school on Friday. Some of the projects appear to be just the tri-fold type poster boards so they would not be that difficult to take on a bus. We also don't know if there were still quite a few of those folded up somewhere in the classroom and that the camera crew just set up Kyron's in order to include it in the video they made.

Quick question, are we still allowed to discuss FB? SM profile is still public, so I assume it's okay. But the comment was by the SM, and since she is a victim as of now, I don't know.

Before I catch up is there going to be a PC?

Updated by me:
I no longer feel this siting mentioned on HYWY 26 is as credible as I once did. I just found out the siting was on Saturday, not Friday. That kind of blows the theory I had in mind.

*snipped*
The Early Show (on the west coast just now)
Rescue teams are searching a 2 mile radius around the school.

I wish someone, anyone, would search the area where a truck driver spotted a dirty gray pick up truck with a boy that resembled Kyron. The pick up truck turned right in front of the truck driver causing him to slam on his breaks.

I believe this could be credible. I believe, if this is a credible siting, that Kyron knew the person in the dirty gray or black pick up truck. It should be checked, just to rule it out.

A link to the map of this remote area is in pufnstuf's quoted post below.

Also found where Salmonberry intersects with HWY 26. Also on the map. Salmonberry is a dirt road where it intersects with 26 and isn't labeled on any of the map sites (google, bing) at the intersection. Those mountain roads are crazy to follow, but I found the intersection by following 26 in street view, using directions to the turn-off, and comparing it to the view in the video.

You may have to zoom out to see the Salmonberry Road location... it's marked with a magenta pin.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=e...45.89861,-123.41217&spn=2.301411,4.092407&z=8

*snipped*
My guess this is a result of the school's almost "open policy" that morning. Seems like parents and children were coming in and out at a rapid pace. This was someone who knew this event was going on. It wasn't a random out of place stranger in a gray pickup truck.

*bolded by me*
... but it could have been someone Kyron knew in a gray pickup truck. There is always that possibility.

I'm trying to think as a young child would think. If he was headed to his classroom, maybe someone asked him to exit the school and help them carry something inside. Asking from a safe place such as school would not be the same as a stranger approaching him on the street, and I'm guessing Kyron would do it.This would get him outside, out of view of an abduction.

They hopefully are looking at lists of male parents. Furthermore -- That list should be narrowed down to which of these parents didn't go to THEIR job Friday. Break it down even further to male parents who are convicted sex offenders.

Could be Kyron knew the abductor so he didn't seem anxious about walking out the front door with him. If the perp was stopped on the way out and questioned -- he could have played it off -- and Kyron could have gone back to class.

When he wasn't stopped -- there was really nothing at that point stopping him.

It was someone though that looked like they fit in.

When I read your post, the thought came to mind that it's a Boy Scout leader. Was he in Cub Scouts or Boy Scouts? This case has things flashing in my mind. :crazy:

Good morning all! I was hoping to find good news this morning.

Just getting caught up again. This is a list of what we knew as of yesterday - anything new today?

Kyron was last seen by someone inside the school around 9 am (LE won’t comment on who saw him)
(According to Press Conf. 6/7)

A white pick up truck driven by a lady was seen by Jim Kelley and his neighbor Fri at 3 pm and Sat at 2 am near his home off of Cornelius Pass
(According to http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/day_three_search_continues_hun.html)

A truck driver heading toward Portland on Hwy 26 had a dirty grey/black truck turn in front of him onto Salmonberry RD – inside was a boy who appeared startled and who looked like Kyron
(According to http://www.kptv.com/news/23824427/detail.html)

*snipped*

I wish someone, anyone, would search the area where a truck driver spotted a dirty gray pick up truck with a boy that resembled Kyron. The pick up truck turned right in front of the truck driver causing him to slam on his breaks.

I believe this could be credible. I believe, if this is a credible siting, that Kyron knew the person in the dirty gray or black pick up truck. It should be checked, just to rule it out.

A link to the map of this remote area is in pufnstuf's quoted post below.

I agree. It reminds me of that Baton Rouge serial killer from several years back when the truck driver called 911 after seeing a woman passed out in a car and then that car taking an odd turn. The police didn't really check it out and if they had it would have saved that woman's life.
I hope they follow up on this lead.

On the topic of the white truck sighting... it's marked on my map. I located the address for J Kelley...deets are on the placemark note.

Also found where Salmonberry intersects with HWY 26. Also on the map. Salmonberry is a dirt road where it intersects with 26 and isn't labeled on any of the map sites (google, bing) at the intersection. Those mountain roads are crazy to follow, but I found the intersection by following 26 in street view, using directions to the turn-off, and comparing it to the view in the video.

I keep maps on all cases, so I hope no one thinks that I'm trying to take over that job. Just wanted to post this because I found those two locations.

You may have to zoom out to see the Salmonberry Road location... it's marked with a magenta pin.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=e...45.89861,-123.41217&spn=2.301411,4.092407&z=8

Thanks! That is where I was looking, but the street name on the map there is not indicated. I also looked in street view and could not see the "Salmonberry" street sign they showed on the news last night.

I just registered with AP Images and sent an email to the contact listed. I asked them to clarify just what was considered "objectionable" in the photo released by the sheriff's department to the media for distribution in an effort to help locate this missing child. I included the AJC link, and will post their response, if any.

Well, the good news is they answered me within an hour.

The bad news I have no freakin' clue what their answer means lol.

Hi [Calliope],

The Caption write is Andrew Burton from The Oregonian.

You can also call us at 212-621-1902 should you require further assistance.

eh? :confused:

It is frustrating to learn nothing at all new after all this time, just pages and pages here of basically the same info, nothing new from LE. Still no indication which way they feel this is going. I don't even think that the fact that they are using the special FBI teams mean anything specific at this point, as they continue to search locally, I think they are just trying to cover all the bases. I don't get the feeling that LE feels the community is in danger from an abductor running around after kids-

I am concerned about the "rumor" about an appointment only because LE would not dismiss it and instead gave the standard answer, that they could not address it. It would have been easy enough to just say if there was no talk of any apppointment but they chose not to do that. So that still leaves that out there as a possibility and would indeed have given the teacher reason not to panic at his absence in class.

Hope for an update from LE soon, but it will be frustrating if more of the same...

The CSI shirt did stick out to me a little. It would be a good conversation starter for an adult.

Squirrel pic caused something in me to feel "funny" too. Not the response I usually feel when viewing kids artwork. This is the second time a squirrel has been mentioned - was step-moms license plate squirrel or red squirrel? Why the reference to the squirrels? - Maybe it is nothing.........maybe the family was fond of squirrels, funny how the most mundane topics are now questioned.
Sorry if someone already mentioned this not quite done reading the thread yet.
MOO I do not think it was a peer, I take the truck and possible sightings to mean there is an adult involved.

Sorry somewhat O/T but u made me wanna know more about red squirrel symbolisms...

I found this

The Ultimate Dictionary of Dream Language

I realize our red squirrel experiences here are not dreams [tho we are all dreaming of find Kyron SAFE & SOUND!!! :) ] - the symbolism behind its meaning is interesting and sounds positive IMO - just thought I'd share:

Red Squirrel: This is a good luck omen. You will accomplish exactly what you set out to accomplish and will get exactly what you want most in spite of how difficult it may seem.

Hang in there Kyron! THEY WILL BRING YOU HOME BUDDY!

Attachments

• frogchachi-tree-frogs.jpg
    frogchachi-tree-frogs.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 2
*snipped*
The Multhnomah County sheriff's office reported that no one at the school saw Kyron after 8:45 a.m. Friday and that Kyron never made it to his classroom.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/06/08/oregon.missing.child/index.html?hpt=T3

Interesting that LE reports that no one saw Kyron after 8:45 AM. This could mean that his step mom was indeed the last person that saw Kyron at 8:45 AM or that there is an additional witness that saw Kyron at 8:45 AM, just like step mom did.

If step mom saw him walking down the hall at 8:45 AM and this was the last sighting of this little boy, then all of our speculation about entrances and exits he was seen at (north, south, east, or west!) after 8:45 AM is a moot point. ???

So perhaps we do not need to keep bringing up which one is the south exit? Just throwing things around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BJarv