OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
success with the avi, now if i could just catch up with yall. you guys move fast! i wish they would find him soon! prayers for Kyron and his family :)

Maybe so, but it's not just the SAR teams. It's also the people manning tip lines, the people calling in tips, the people bringing supplies to the donation center, the people in the media who are keeping this story in the headlines, the people manning the first aid stations. There are many hundreds of people pulling together to find their child for them.

My opinion, but I do strongly feel that thanks are in order. I know I am not them, but I'd be on my knees in gratitude for so many people trying to find my child for me.
And you do not know that they are NOT on their knees in gratitude. The Mom's sister released a statement on behalf of the FAMILY that thanked people for helping, IIRC. For all we know (and I get this impression), LE has asked the immediate family not to release anything more than they have done through the sister and police spokesman (and LE are not acting frustrated with the family for not 'speaking out' more IMO). I am not going to judge them based on what I think they *should* do, because I realize there's so much going on behind closed doors that I know about. That's just me...I'm giving the family the benefit of the doubt right now, mostly because LE comes across...again, IMO...as being very supportive of them all. Maybe they're selfish jerks who don't give a heck about all of the people who are helping them. Maybe they're moved beyond belief but for reasons that I am not privy to, they are keeping a low profile. It will come out in the wash. If it turns out when more is known that they're insensitive jerks, then so be it. But IMO at this point, I don't have enough information to make that call.

If I remember correctly in the past Lillian Glass has said that lip licking is a sign of lying.

Gates has been doing that a lot lately. (Not a problem, I expect him to not be honest, just pointing it out.)

I do find the family statement to be weird and not written by them. I also think it fits in with the possible ransom theory which is still very suspicious to me.

Find Kyron: School parent reaches out to community

Over the weekend I heard from Kim B, a parent from Kyron's school, Skyline Elementary. She's well aware that the hills around the school are popular biking areas and she's hoping to enlist the eyes of people on bikes to find him:

"I know the cycling community is often in the NW Skyline Blvd, Newberry, Highway 30 and Forest Park area and wanted to see if it would be possible to circulate his face to as many people in the cycling community as possible that they might be on high alert for him when -- especially when in these areas."

As demonstrated by the many stolen bikes we've recovered, people traveling at bike pace tend to notice more of their surroundings. If you find yourself riding in these areas, keep a look out for Kyron.

http://bikeportland.org/2010/06/07/find-kyron-school-parent-reaches-out-to-community/

You're on a roll, Ruby. Keep going!! :dance:

It is more often volunteer searchers from community who find missing people than it is LE on organized searches, as far as I can tell...Kayleah, Casey, Nadia, Zoey, etc...I know they have the resources but looking at the areas that have been shown in photos so far, it would be so easy to miss not only Kyron, but especially any clues, clothing, a shoe, etc. I would like nothing better than to think LE knows what they are doing right now but I don't feel that, and I don't read any hidden meanings into the communications from LE or family. I think they are saying so little because there is little to say.

I suggested over a year ago that GPS tracking chips be placed in children's apparel, shoes, hair accessories etc. by the manufacture. I wish one of the intel engineers would pick up on that...I really think this is an answer to finding abducted or lost children.

I suggested over a year ago that GPS tracking chips be placed in children's apparel, shoes, hair accessories etc. by the manufacture. I wish one of the intel engineers would pick up on that...I really think this is an answer to finding abducted or lost children.

My dog has one in case he gets lost....

Anyone think Kyron's teacher's statement was a little strange too, especially the bolded portion?

“The students in Kyron’s class miss him terribly and we are all wishing for his safe return. As their teacher my goal has been to continue our familiar routine and to help my students stay focused on learning, what they need to know by the end of the year so that they are well prepared.”

Sort of a strange thing to emphasize at a time like this, no?

This may be out there, but since we have nothing else...

-We haven't really heard from Kyrons teachers, relative, family friends like we have in other cases, and we are 6 days in.

-The "Family Statement" is really just a statement on behalf of the family, I'm doubting they wrote it.

-The email from Kyron's dad to Intel specifically says not to speak to the media.

-2 PC's a day with no new info.

-----

Here is a theory: They know who has Kyron, or have been contacted by someone who says they have Kyron. They are hiding information about Kyron and don't want people talking about him in order to communicate with the abductor about Kyron himself. Listening to the family statement, there was an emotional break that almost separated the "resources out there to help. Please don’t stop." from the rest of the statement...almost like a plea to the abductor. Maybe he is threatening to harm the child because he thinks he has gotten in too deep? There was also a point in the statement where it was very clear that the focus needed to be kept on Kyron, not anything else. It reminded me a lot about telling your kidnapper information about yourself to humanize you to the perp. Specifically and the end the spokesperson didn't want the attention on the parents. Could it be that Kyron was taken by someone who hates the parents, and any sort of torment/anguish/emotion will lead the kidnapper to act out more? Almost as if the statement WAS for the kidnapper, as in "We are thinking about Kyron only, we don't care about the parents, this is about a little boy - not the people you hate"

Boy, that is an impressive theory Lava, It sounds exactly like the FBI would play it if the circumstances were as you suggest. Hmmmmm

If I remember correctly in the past Lillian Glass has said that lip licking is a sign of lying.

Gates has been doing that a lot lately. (Not a problem, I expect him to not be honest, just pointing it out.)

I do find the family statement to be weird and not written by them. I also think it fits in with the possible ransom theory which is still very suspicious to me.

Touching his nose and his face, too.

Anyone think Kyron's teacher's statement was a little strange too, especially the bolded portion?

“The students in Kyron’s class miss him terribly and we are all wishing for his safe return. As their teacher my goal has been to continue our familiar routine and to help my students stay focused on learning, what they need to know by the end of the year so that they are well prepared.”

Sort of a strange thing to emphasize at a time like this, no?

ITA, I thought, Huh? Prepared for what?

I am just throwing this out there as a remote possibility. What if Kyron was kidnapped for ransom--but it turns out they got the wrong kid or targeted the wrong family? What if after they made the initial ransom demand they discovered their error and haven't made further contact? Would explain alot.

I don't think that statement was written by the family either. The pronouns are all third person.

Why does this matter, you ask? I, for one, am a little disturbed that there are hundreds of people putting their own safety at risk to search for this little boy and the family can't even be bothered to personally say thank you and express a little appreciation? Not even once in 125 hours?

All I know is, my mama sure didn't raise me that way.

I think that if my child was missing, I'd be going back and forth between catatonic and frantic/neurotic and then probably needing to be restrained and possibly knocked out. And in a big fog that would keep me in a state of tunnel vision. I don't think I'd be able to see or focus on stuff outside of my main goal to find my child and I know I wouldn't have the capacity to think like I normally do. KWIM?

So, I've adjusted the timeline to reflect what we've learned from the press conferences today:

8:00 AM: Can't comment.

8:45 AM: Dunno.

9:00 AM: Absolutely can't comment.

10:00 AM: I'd tell ya if I could.

This is one of the reasons I never went into photo journalism and stuck with annoying weddings and such. I am far too sarcastic and my frustration level would have boiled over by now. Nothing is funny about this case... but you can only take so much before you say something you shouldn't! :innocent:

Me: Do you think he wandered away?

LE: I can't comment on that.

Me: Do you think he was taken from the school?

LE: I can't answer that.

Me: Do you have any suspects?

LE: I can't talk about that.

Me: Do you think aliens beamed him up to their space craft?

LE: I can't....huh? :waitasec:

I would bet, that his answer would still be "I can't answer that." Maybe if we were lucky it would be "we are reasonably sure that didn't occur" or "we haven't eliminated anything at this point."

Or, he would just laugh and move on. He knows everyone is frustrated and he has a sense of humor. :innocent:

I see what you are saying, BUT we have no idea what they are doing, and we are only the public, we are not any of the people you mentioned, we don't need thanks, it's not for us... so if it is done privately we may never know and don't really need to.
I see where many are going with the ransom theories and if this is correct I can see why the family is quiet and doing things behind closed doors.

Oh Mamaeb, Your froggie photo is absolutely precious. xox

Feel like I'm grasping at straws here, but with really nothing to 'sleuth', speculation is all we have here...

I just thought of this, but why are they ramping up SAR efforts six days into this situation? Wouldn't the largest biggest SAR push normally happen right away, with scaling back beginning to happen at this point? This investigation seems to be going the opposite way. Perhaps they think that if he IS alive in the woods, he doesn't have long to live and they have to hurry and find him. I just thought the progression of effort here was unlike other searches I've read about.

Just thinking out loud...

I've already done some checking on that e-mail. www . ackerlaw. com (take out the spaces) is the site the email comes from. It is law firm site. The email is contained in the "blog" section (on the left hand side). I'm thinking either one (or more) of the atty's are personal friends with dad or they represent him and/or intel. I think it is authentic.

Check for yourself - would appreciate anyone else's thoughts.

I pulled up the law firm in Oregon - they are all over the country. Seems perfectly legitimate and very professional to me, and if not, the person will have plenty of lawyers to answer to.

I have no need to hear from the family - I also think they are very smart for staying out of the media and wanting the focus to be on their missing son. And who knows what their emotional state is at this time - this is day 6, so my guess is that I would be in bed with the covers pulled over my head exhausted and hysterical with worry. They need to to whatever it is that makes them functional for LE and finding their son. all my opinion and that stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cloudy89