OR OR - Stephanie Warner, 43, Ruch, 4 Jul 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Social media of those close to Stephanie is still silent since 8/19-20. Very strange for three normally active people to go silent all at once, especially during the flyer distribution, which they never mentioned.

I went crosseyed looking!

I didn't mean for that to happen! Sorry!

Can anyone identify the guy riding in the back of the JCFC truck waving to the crowd? 'Cuz whoever he is is either wearing a bra or a shoulder holster under his white T-shirt. It's pretty clear when you take a printscreen shot and color inverse it or use a variety of photo editing features that provide contrast. That very last frame shows the bulk on either side at about chest level. And maybe a belly band holster. You have to watch the video a few times to see it -- it's not obvious, but something is there.

I didn't mean for that to happen! Sorry!

Can anyone identify the guy riding in the back of the JCFC truck waving to the crowd? 'Cuz whoever he is is either wearing a bra or a shoulder holster under his white T-shirt. It's pretty clear when you take a printscreen shot and color inverse it or use a variety of photo editing features that provide contrast. That very last frame shows the bulk on either side at about chest level. And maybe a belly band holster. You have to watch the video a few times to see it -- it's not obvious, but something is there.

But what about my redhead in the trailer?! All that eyestrain for nothing! :)

Can you post your edited screen shot? I kind of see what you mean, but I'm clueless about guns.

It may be Bill Jennett, who heads up the JCFC. Here's a link to an interview with him around July 16. He is shown several times. You'll also hear the bf interviewed on the phone. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6EGjWy_F7AY&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D6EGjWy_F7AY

He's clean shaven in the interview and the guy on the truck might have a short beard, but the build is close, I think. The other friends interviewed Saturday are stockier. It makes sense that he would be on the truck. It's remotely possible it's the bf, since his son and dil are riding in the trailer doing music, but he didn't seem tall and lanky to me in his sit down interview.

I do not believe this is the head of JCFC -- don't know who it is exactly but earlier posts said he may be part of Stephanie's clan and possibly the bf. I'm not able to attach an image, but I'll show you how to view. Pause video at various times - 00:12 through 00:18 show different angles as he moves.

1. Play video at Full Screen. When paused, find the PrtScn (Printscreen) button on your keyboard. Tap that.
2. Open Paint (Start Tab, All Programs, Accessories -- Chose Paint),
3. In Paint, chose Edit and Paste (or just Ctrl + V, which is the short cut for paste). The image should appear in Paint.
4. Go to Image and chose Invert Colors.
5. Go to View and chose Zoom/Large Size.
6. Save image if you want and freeze another frame and do the above again. Always paste image in normal mode otherwise you have to fight with Paint to get what you need.

This is just "invert color" -- but on a photo editor that has features like solarize, glow, contrast -- the image is much more defined.

Appears there is a shoulder harness, a thin strap running diagonally across torso and the outline of a belly band tucked into pants. Possibly a medical device? If you compare different screenshots, the image patterns are consistent - so not all shadows.

Also note the bulky side pockets on pants.

I do not believe this is the head of JCFC -- don't know who it is exactly but earlier posts said he may be part of Stephanie's clan and possibly the bf.

Snipped for space. BBM

Appears there is a shoulder harness, a thin strap running diagonally across torso and the outline of a belly band tucked into pants. Possibly a medical device? If you compare different screenshots, the image patterns are consistent - so not all shadows.

Also note the bulky side pockets on pants.

I will take your word for it, Neptune. Maybe I'll dig into the photo enhancing another time. :) But thanks for the great instructions. Good work!

I do think you are right that it's the bf, not Bill Jennett. Go to the video of the mining camp ellie posted. Check out the segments starting at 1:55 and 3:59. That's the bf! Looks the same as the guy on the truck to me. The kid on the scooter is his son, the musician. This was filmed around 2008, a year before they were shut down.

Social media of those close to Stephanie is still silent since 8/19-20. Very strange for three normally active people to go silent all at once, especially during the flyer distribution, which they never mentioned.

One came back today after a week of silence.

This afternoon I stopped by the JCFC (Fuel Committee) office in Ashland to pick up some flyers. The very nice director was the only one there, and was quite appreciative. He's obviously concerned about Stephanie.

I told him I'd watched the video a few times and asked him if he was the one standing in the back of the truck in the parade with the white t-shirt holding the axe. He said that he was manning the booth in the park, so he wasn't in the parade. He had only watched the video once, and couldn't recall the person I was talking about. I told him I was wondering if it was Stephanie's bf, and he said that the bf was riding on the float (truck and trailer). So I think we can safely assume it was the bf.

When I asked him what he thinks happened to Stephanie, he looked pained, but just said that he hopes they find out soon. He said the detective got to talk to a few people on Saturday that he hadn't talked to before, but they still need leads. I wanted to ask if bf and his family had been there on Saturday, but decided I'd asked enough. :) I didn't take a lot of flyers, so I can always go back to get more and ask a few more questions. However, he really didn't seem as though he knew too much. Nice guy though.

I told him I was wondering if it was Stephanie's bf, and he said that the bf was riding on the float (truck and trailer). So I think we can safely assume it was the bf.

Lilibet, awesome effort to find this information out -- thank you. When I saw this guy in the back of the truck I saw he had something under his shirt right off but forgot about it until I realized he could be the boyfriend.

Lilibet, awesome effort to find this information out -- thank you. When I saw this guy in the back of the truck I saw he had something under his shirt right off but forgot about it until I realized he could be the boyfriend.

It was much easier to do than I expected, Neptune. He was so nice. And I'm grandmotherly, so who wouldn't talk to me? :)

You did great spotting this! I really hope you can forward your enhanced photo to the sheriff. It would be interesting to know if he has a permit for concealed carry, or whatever it's called.

It surprised me to be told that the sheriff got to talk to a few people on Saturday for the first time. I would think anyone who had any info would have already been in touch with JCSO. Unless they noticed something under the shirt too!

It was much easier to do than I expected, Neptune. He was so nice. And I'm grandmotherly, so who wouldn't talk to me? :)

You did great spotting this! I really hope you can forward your enhanced photo to the sheriff. It would be interesting to know if he has a permit for concealed carry, or whatever it's called.

It surprised me to be told that the sheriff got to talk to a few people on Saturday for the first time. I would think anyone who had any info would have already been in touch with JCSO. Unless they noticed something under the shirt too!

BBM Hah, I've had to totally revise my mind's picture of you! Now, you're more like Miss Marple than Nancy Drew. :)

Thanks for all the work you've done!

BBM Hah, I've had to totally revise my mind's picture of you! Now, you're more like Miss Marple than Nancy Drew. :)

Thanks for all the work you've done!

LOL! Yes, Miss Marple's age is a LOT more realistic. But inside I will always be Nancy Drew! I churned through Nancy Drew books as a pre-teen, much to my proper mother's dismay. They were not "good literature". Later I devoured Agatha Christie, etc. so I guess I'm hopeless in the literature department. :floorlaugh:

I might post the same info as Lilibit,

but the strangest thing about LA is the youtube videos many of you have probably seen. If you look up the url to the video on his website about mining it leads to "helias314". On Stephanie's FB she mentions 314helias which is a different youtube user with a lot of similar things as helias314. These two persons seemed to post youtube videos at opposite intervals of each other (like one of them takes off for months from posting videos while the other one takes off and posts a lot of videos). Now the strange thing is you would suspect these are the same people. When the Helias that is away comes back he gets comments like welcome back and he responds to them. I will have to find the comments. Anyhow, the strangest is one of the helias's comments on the other helias.

I just find it very bizarre, more bizarre than the videos.

Links to info about Lennie Ames and son's arrest and conviction for illegally living on a mining claim. They lost their appeal in 2012.

http://www.oregonlive.com/environment/index.ssf/2009/12/feds_cracking_down_on_illegal.html

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/08/five_gold_miners_convicted_of.html

Ellie posted the video taken at his claim the other day.
ETA: The video was from 2008. Ellie posted it the other day. Just to clarify.

This is a chronological list of videos posted by Lennie Ames (aka 314Helias and Helias314). The topics are quite extreme IMO. The link shows page two. There is an unusual gap with no videos during the time of Stephanie's disappearance.

http://www.youtubeskip.com/user/314Helias?page=2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member