OR OR - Sweet Home - 'Swamp Mountain Doe' - Am Ind/Native/WhtFem 18-40 - UP7765 - Jul'76

Unfortunately with skeletal remains, often all you can tell from teeth, growth plates, and all the other clues is "fully adult, but younger than when arthritis and wear start to make their mark." But I've always felt like she was probably at the younger end of the age range--no evidence for that, just a gut feeling and probably wrong.

Hopefully we won't have to wait too much longer to find out who she is.

I feel like she is on the younger side as well. Due to the recon and her clothing.

Some possibilities based on the new recon, since NAMUS now says that the phenotyping found with 96.5% accuracy that her eyes would have been brown or hazel:
Edna Christine Thorne, PA, 6/24/1975 (she's blonde in the photo, but NAMUS says her hair was naturally brown)
Thumbnail

Bonita Mara Bickwit, NY, 7/27/1973
Thumbnail

Dorothy Mildred Clitheroe, AZ, 9/20/1973
Thumbnail

Denise Kathleen Anderson, CA, 4/13/1971
Thumbnail

ETA:
Iris Leslie Brown, VT, 3/15/1976
Thumbnail

Hoping she gets her name back soon.
I think it would be worth sending Bonita Mara Bickwit, even though she probably drowned with her boyfriend but I still see that she looks a lot like Jane Doe

Has anyone considered Elaine Faye Lehtinen? She was 5 feet tall. Her remains were never located, She vanished about 5 weeks before Swamp Mountain Jane Doe's remains were located. She was from Tucson originally. The Thunderbird design is used by the native people there. I have a suspect from the SF Bay Area, who would have driven that road many times in his life, and still did occasionally at the time Jane's remains were found. I can't say anything more, since it is an active case again.

I don’t think Elaine Faye Lehtinen is a match because of the distance and, above all, the state of the remains and PMI. She disappeared about a month before the remains were found.
If I were to guess, I think Elaine Faye Lehtinen is closer to her home.

Lehtinen is originally a Finnish name, by the way.

Currently Rule-Outs as of 6/16/2021:
Denise Sheehy 07/07/1970 Queens NY
Lynda Hanley 11/04/1971 Providence RI
Karen Lee 05/26/1977 Washington OR
Vicki Hollar 08/20/1973 Lane OR
Georgann Hawkins 06/11/1974 King WA
Debra Pscholka 06/05/1971 Riverside CA
Niki Britten 07/16/1969 Linn OR
Virginia Erickson 10/21/1973 Linn OR
Rita Jolly 06/29/1973 Clackamas OR
Martha Morrison 09/01/1974 Multnomah OR
Suzanne Justis 11/05/1973 Multnomah OR
Madeline Babcock 06/30/1968 Los Angeles CA
MP30894
Cindy Moore
May 23rd, 1985
Oakland
MI

has been added to the ruleouts (although disappearing almost a decade later..).

It's tight, but Namus lists year of death 1966-1976, so it looks possible. She has the long upper lip and narrow face depicted in all the reconstructions, and the general appearance seems very close.

It's quite a distance from Napa to Swamp Mountain, but it's main road.

I think she's definitely possible.

It's tight, but Namus lists year of death 1966-1976, so it looks possible. She has the long upper lip and narrow face depicted in all the reconstructions, and the general appearance seems very close.

It's quite a distance from Napa to Swamp Mountain, but it's main road.

I think she's definitely possible.
Thanks Car! I'll submit her tomorrow. Although I'm becoming more convinced that matches in older cases would have probably been made by now. o_O:D

Thanks Car! I'll submit her tomorrow. Although I'm becoming more convinced that matches in older cases would have probably been made by now. o_O:D

That does tend to be true, assuming both cases have comparable identifiers. But we often don't have that information any more so it's worth checking.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kjael
Back