OR OR - Tillamook, WhtMale, 25-55, 2590UMOR, freckles, brown hair with gray streaks - Jan'89

breachtones

Reaction score
I feel like this one is just a matter of finding a missing persons report that matches. He has somewhat distinctive features, freckles, green/hazel eyes, brown hair with gray streaks.. great facial reconstruction too.

Date of Discovery: January 26, 1989
Location of Discovery: Tillamook, Tillamook County, Oregon
Estimated Date of Death: 8 months prior
State of Remains: Decomposed
Cause of Death: Possible accidental fall

Physical Description​

Estimated Age: 25-55 years old
Race: White
Sex: Male
Height: 5'8
Weight: 150 to 170 lbs.
Hair Color: Dark brown with gray streaks.
Eye Color: Possibly hazel or green, based on DNA phenotype tests.
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Possible presence of freckles, based on DNA phenotype tests.

Identifiers​

Dentals: Available.
Fingerprints:Not available.
DNA:Available.

Clothing & Personal Items​

Clothing: Dark blue sweatshirt, Levis for Cowboy 557 denim jeans (size W 34 L 31), brown belt with perforated pattern, J.C. Penney blue/white/tan/red boxer shorts (size 34), white athletic socks with thick blue stripes at the ankles, bright royal blue Nike running shoe with white swoosh (size 10).
Jewelry: Unknown.
Additional Personal Items: Unknown.

Circumstances of Discovery​

The remains of a male were located underneath a ledge close to the bottom of Neah-Kah-Nie Mountain in Tillamook, Oregon. It is suspected that he died after falling from a viewpoint along a portion of Highway 101 that exists along the side of the mountain.

https:///wiki/Tillamook_County_John_Doe_(1989)

I unfortunately have not seen much on this guy apart from the DN and Wikia entries.

Where is his car? Or the person he was with? You wouldn't want to be out hiking and he certainly wasn't dressed for it. It would be soooo cold and rainy on the coast in January.

Where is his car? Or the person he was with? You wouldn't want to be out hiking and he certainly wasn't dressed for it. It would be soooo cold and rainy on the coast in January.
To be fair, LE thinks he died in May 1988, but even then he doesn't seem dressed for hiking. I do wonder if he was just passing through, stopped at the viewpoint, and accidentally fell and died, with his car being impounded for being abandoned. I wonder if LE has checked that.

I was curious if this were possibly a suicide, depending on how steep the place he was believed to have fallen from was. The coordinates seem to not be accurate, as they are nowhere near Hwy 101 (closer, but not that close to Hwy 6). I found this on Hwy 101/Neahkahnie Mountain. There are two Neahkanie viewpoints on Google Maps, but both are two hours drive from the coordinates. At least one source says there are numerous viewpoints along Hwy 101, but the most famous are above Manzanita, which is consistent with the previously mentioned ones. May not matter much, but it could explain why he was there and the potentially inadequate clothing, and make give us a direction to look--someone who was depressed or suicidal when they werent missing, versus a hiker.

I was curious if this were possibly a suicide, depending on how steep the place he was believed to have fallen from was. The coordinates seem to not be accurate, as they are nowhere near Hwy 101 (closer, but not that close to Hwy 6). I found this on Hwy 101/Neahkahnie Mountain. There are two Neahkanie viewpoints on Google Maps, but both are two hours drive from the coordinates. At least one source says there are numerous viewpoints along Hwy 101, but the most famous are above Manzanita, which is consistent with the previously mentioned ones. May not matter much, but it could explain why he was there and the potentially inadequate clothing, and make give us a direction to look--someone who was depressed or suicidal when they werent missing, versus a hiker.
Thanks for explaining about the location. I kept getting it all confused. And thank you @breachtones for pointing out my error with the date. I think I would want a jacket and warm hat even in May - Oregon coastal weather is weird!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant
Back