GUILTY OR - Whitney Heichel, 21, Gresham, 16 Oct 2012 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jonathan Daniel Holt arrested for aggravated murder of Whitney.

Whitney's body found on Larch Mountain.

Still early into the recovery, not a lot of details can be provided.

Just before 1pm Tuesday, Gresham police responded to WalMart in Wood Village regarding the car being found.

All working detectives began canvassing the area.

They located some of her personal effects in a parking lot dumpster.

More effects were found (from vehicle?) in another nearby dumpster.

Evidence led them to believe vehicle had headed east into Clackmas county.

Searchers later found additional items of evidence at Dodge Park.

Teams were called in (15 add'l investigators) late Tuesday.

Next day, canvassing and surveillance video were begun/collected at Whitney's apartment complex.

Items were located on Larch Mountain.

Later that day, investigators received info leading them to Holt. He was contacted. He voluntarily came to the PD to be interviewed.

He was an acquaintance of the couple, lived in the same complex.

Detectives got more evidence from her vehicle.

Her phone was located...

Holt continued to be interviewed. There were many inconsistencies in his interviews. LE obtained DNA from him.

Additional evidence was obtained that tied him to the crime and to her car.

The search continued on Larch mountain.

Earlier tonight after coming voluntarily to the PD for another interview, Holt was arrested.

Later, Whitney's body was located on the mountain.

The family was notified. This has been tragic for them.

Chief's voice is breaking as he says he's never been more proud, and lists all the many, many agencies, investigators, and others who have "worked around the clock and poured their hearts and souls into the case. In my 35 years of law enforcement, this is the finest collaboration I've ever seen."

I lost it and started crying as the officer's voice just broke.

I do 100% agree with him in that this was a very fine effort by the law enforcement agencies involved.

And the mayor's voice is breaking. This is so so sad.

There's too much evil in this world!

H lived in her aparment complex. Whitney was so beautiful, and seemed like such a sweet girl you could isntantly pick up on her photos the love she had for Clint and the love he had for her and others and her love of life. This is beyond sad.... Wth is wrong with people. I'll never understand people murdering other people or hurting them.

RIP Beautiful girl, may god bless your husband and faimley:(

Dammit. I'm so sick and tired of these killers. Poor Whitney and her loved ones. It's just beyond disgusting and horrific :( My thoughts and prayers to Whitney and all those who love her. There are no words.....

So sad :( My heart goes out to the family and community. RIP Whitney :(

If this is what we think it is ... that post on the Find Whitney page keeps popping up iin my mind. The girl made that post on Wednesday@10:15 AM.

Could this person have seen LE vehicles heading up to Larch Mountain and posted this info afterwards? Some folks just have the need for attention and like to be in the midst of missing person cases. But when I read her post that morning, I think it was the first mention of Larch Mountain I had seen.

Anyone recall exactly when it was revealed LE went there?

|What was that post? By the time I got there, it had been deleted.

Did you get the feeling that some of the reporters asking questions have been reading our posts here at WS?

:)seeya: at reporters)

Totally!

I also got the feeling that this case will be solved soon. He seemed very happy and confident about what they had found in the car. He seemed more relaxed than in previous pressers.

I hope I'm right and it will be a good ending!

ETA: oh dear only catching up now ... :(

So sad!!

What is wrong with our MEN? Why are they killing women and children? WHY???

I was just getting ready to post that once I wiped my eyes.

Why the heck does this happen. I just keep wanting to say "why" over and over again.

Oh my God, her poor husband and family. Lord give them strength.

Just want to say that my heart also goes out to all the wonderful LE officers who clearly put their heart and souls into Whitney's case. I know you are all hurting right now, and I am so sorry :(

My heart breaks for her family, her friends and her husband who will never get to grow old with his wife whom he clearly loved with all his heart.

Totally!

I also got the feeling that this case will be solved soon. He seemed very happy and confident about what they had found in the car. He seemed more relaxed than in previous pressers.

I hope I'm right and it will be a good ending!

:confused:

Why? Why would this guy steal her life.

RIP Whitney, your sweet smile will stay with me a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paladeer