Oscar Pistorius - Discussion Thread #62 ~ the appeal~

Status
Not open for further replies.
snipped

From Germany's a great WS poster - she always provides a link - helps keeps things more "transparent" doesn't it.

I just checked her link - - the article does mention a traced source - the model did not deny the event had taken place but simply did not want to "make a statement". So now, let's logically extend that point : model herself does not want to sell her story,even if ( and we don't know - it's unverifiable) $ were offered for her story, if you follow.
Not everyone is for sale you know.
BIB - that's fair enough. I expect if she had made a statement, certain people would be saying she did it for 15 minutes of fame. I think it's obvious what's going on here!

Judge Greenland also said he thought the timeline was a side issue or something like that. If he thinks that then it's no wonder he would have found him guilty. It's comments like: 'It fit's entirely with Oscar's profile' that make me wonder about his attitude. The court wasn't shown much evidence of bad character and the only previous girlfriend to give evidence said nothing about him being abusive despite both of them believing the other had cheated on them. There's really only the texts which are 4 out of 1700 and which seem much less alarming when seen in context.

BIB Can you paste his reasoning though,then I don't have to ie. JG quotes about the TL as he was very very clear why he does not regard it as essential - which of his reasons don't you like, in his words
BIB 2 State not allowed to intro character, wouldnt patronise you to suggest you didn't actually know that. next
Sam taylor not allowed to reveal on stand what she later revealed in the book afterwards.

texts " i am frightened of you sometimes" . Said that to your husband etc before?

BIB - that's fair enough. I expect if she had made a statement, certain people would be saying she did it for 15 minutes of fame. I think it's obvious what's going on here!

Apparently the "model" is an associate lawyer in a Sandton commercial law firm- so you can guess she doesn't really want her name in the papers associated with OP, not good professionally.

Maybe Op can get any new potential girlfriends to sign a non-disclosure agreement in the future? ( ie. if not, we can expect a lot more revelations in the future.) Can't see him not dating, naturally. Commonly people are offered a hefty sum which has to be comparable to a media payment but if lots of cash needs to be saved for appeals all the way to SCA and CCourt beyond, will they have the spare cash? I suppose A. Burgess PR would still think it was money well spent.)

Or where could he find a compliant woman to date in the future, who would defend him, come what may/not do the dirty?

BIB Can you paste his reasoning though,then I don't have to ie. JG quotes about the TL as he was very very clear why he does not regard it as essential - which of his reasons don't you like, in his words
BIB 2 State not allowed to intro character, wouldnt patronise you to suggest you didn't actually know that. next
Sam taylor not allowed to reveal on stand what she later revealed in the book afterwards.

texts " i am frightened of you sometimes" . Said that to your husband etc before?

I would imagine there are many relationships where the man's outbursts might frighten his partner but he would never lay a hand on her in a million years. I think we know he has a short fuse. That does not lead to him being a murderer no matter how many times it is said.

To repeat what has been said over and over again, OP has no history of violence against his partners. It's a really naïve leap from one thing to another.

snipped

From Germany's a great WS poster - she always provides a link - helps keeps things more "transparent" doesn't it.

I just checked her link - - the article does mention a traced source - the model did not deny the event had taken place but simply did not want to "make a statement". So now, let's logically extend that point : model herself does not want to sell her story,even if ( and we don't know - it's unverifiable) $ were offered for her story, if you follow.
Not everyone is for sale you know.

BIB - So unverified that it happened then.
Did the source of the story provide a name? Any other people at the party/club offer an account? A photo?A tweet?

FG is a great poster. Manages to disagree by engaging with details of the case/details about pistorius without sarcasm or snippy comments about the poster.
As I said in my original post - even if it happened, the reason behind it is not immediately and inevitably because he is remorseless/disrespectful etc. It could equally be part of his inability to cope with what he has done and his subsequent depressive state.

In another post you took issue with the word 'current'. I apologise if it made my meaning unclear: after the shooting pistorius was described by many people as distressed / inconsolable etc. At the bail hearing we heard this for ourselves. After the bail hearing and before the trial he was seeing a psychologist/counsellor. During the trial he saw another panel of psychologists and psychiatrists. If you think he can switch the distressed emotional/psychological straight off for when out of the therapists hotseat, then switch it on again the moment he is speaking to them, I would be interested in seeing what you base this on.

You know, I agree but much more significantly, I don't think anyone else misunderstood MY extension of his argument that ie. if a poster is at risk of libel, then a zillion other newspaper posters are equally in the same boat. Is that a realistic proposition to litigate all those cases. Are you clear?

I am, thank you.
The natural extension to trotterly's argument that a poster's comment was libellous is that other similar comments made by other posters elsewhere are equally libellous. Since there was no talk of litigation in the original argument, it didn't need to appear in your extension.

I predict he ends up back in custody soon though. He is not going to stay out of trouble.

Does SA have a parole type situation, in which he has to follow rules or he gets sent back? Like no guns, no drinking etc? If so, he will be back in :jail: soon.

If OP doesn't stay out of trouble after releasing (and he will not), then his supporters will find the next explanations and excuses, I'm sure. They will argue, that someone other (male, female, no matter) will have provoked him. - My personal prediction.
Could it be, the supporters need another dead girlfriend to retrospectively believe the whole case Reeva? That would be a bit late.

Justice for poor Reeva!

Reeva-Steenkamp.jpg

It is so incredibly sad and unjust. :justice: :rose:

BIB 1 - why so defensive? I wasn't hostile at all.

BIB 2 - seriously, I thought you'd followed the case closely? If you have no idea about the outrageous stuff OP got up to prior to shooting an innocent woman dead then I'm not going to do your homework for you.

I found your tone hostile. If it wasn't meant to be then fair enough. Defensive perhaps because rather than engaging with what I post, some posters who don't share my opinion have chosen to make snipey inferences at me instead.

I did follow the case closely. I am certainly not asking or expecting you to 'do my homework ', but what you consider to be outrageous, I might not. So rather than play a guessing game I thought it better to simply ask.

Apparently the "model" is an associate lawyer in a Sandton commercial law firm- so you can guess she doesn't really want her name in the papers associated with OP, not good professionally.

Maybe Op can get any new potential girlfriends to sign a non-disclosure agreement in the future? ( ie. if not, we can expect a lot more revelations in the future.) Can't see him not dating, naturally. Commonly people are offered a hefty sum which has to be comparable to a media payment but if lots of cash needs to be saved for appeals all the way to SCA and CCourt beyond, will they have the spare cash? I suppose A. Burgess PR would still think it was money well spent.)

Or where could he find a compliant woman to date in the future, who would defend him, come what may/not do the dirty?
BIB - hmm. He seems to have plenty of fans on various forums who I'm sure would be more than happy to cover up any misdeeds (and I'm sure there will be many misdeeds). A Pistorius never changes his spots.

BIB - hmm. He seems to have plenty of fans on various forums who I'm sure would be more than happy to cover up any misdeeds (and I'm sure there will be many misdeeds). A Pistorius never changes his spots.

Anyone particular in mind?

BIB2 Surely the extra gun charges were exactly intended to do that given that they couldn't do it any other way. No need for the snippy comment, by the way.

BIB1 I'm not clear why he didn't regard it as essential really. He argues that he'd reject OP's evidence - fine. And then logically he must conclude that he shot through the door to kill without reason - again, fine. But my problem is why he doesn't think that the evidence that OP might be telling the truth about the key points in the night (the timeline) don't make him think twice about OP's evidence instead of just rejecting it. Anyway, he isn't here to speak for himself.

I have never texted that but I have said that, yes, because I don't like being shouted at and do find it frightening. Others take it in their stride. If Reeva wasn't used to that in her family and previous relationships she would have found it frightening I think. It's a big step from bad tempered stroppiness to a physical attack, let alone murder.

Hmm.. Sorry to be predictable, but jared mortimer is a close friend of mikey schultz and Marc bachelor isn't he?

Read again... the article described two separate instances of Oscar's sterling behavior while out on bail. Drunken altercation with Jared Mortimer at VIP Room in Sandton was case #1; hitting on Reeve look-alike, Kesiah Frank, at a private party was a separate incident.

Does anyone think he will be content reading his bible and doing charitable works for the next 4 years and 2 months?

http://www.timeslive.co.za/local/20...double-just-52-days-after-shooting-girlfriend

Read again... the article described two separate instances of Oscar's sterling behavior while out on bail. Drunken altercation with Jared Mortimer at VIP Room in Sandton was case #1; hitting on Reeve look-alike, Kesiah Frank, at a private party was a separate incident.

Does anyone think he will be content reading his bible and doing charitable works for the next 4 years and 2 months?

http://www.timeslive.co.za/local/20...double-just-52-days-after-shooting-girlfriend

I know it was about two incidents. The flirting one was unverified, fuelled only by details from unnamed sources. The second was spoken about by jared mortimer -close friends with schultz and bachelor...

Thought you might want to read about the Pistorius family's relief that Oscar was out re-visiting the places that meant so much to Reeva and him...

http://www.news24.com/Archives/City-Press/Grieving-Oscar-hits-the-town-20150430
From the article: “We would like to see Oscar starting to train again, but it’s clear that he is still deeply in mourning and not able to concentrate on his career,” Arnold said.

It's as if they're a different species to the rest (the majority) of us.

I know it was about two incidents. The flirting one was unverified, fuelled only by details from unnamed sources. The second was spoken about by jared mortimer -close friends with schultz and bachelor...

Yes, it was the murderous bouncers versus the tow truck drivers and blade runner! What a scene!

Yes, it was the murderous bouncers versus the tow truck drivers and blade runner! What a scene!

And as far as I remember one of the tow truck "businessmen" was previously up for attempted murder , ie. one of Oscar's friends, just to be clear.

From the article: “We would like to see Oscar starting to train again, but it’s clear that he is still deeply in mourning and not able to concentrate on his career,” Arnold said.

It's as if they're a different species to the rest (the majority) of us.

Arnold is definitely from "Planet Zog."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member