Oscar Pistorius - Sentencing - 6.13.2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
David Dadic ‏@DavidDadic 47s47 seconds ago

Even on the very last day of a 3 year proceeding, the defence still hasn't changed tact in delivering its evidence late.

Martin Cuddihy Verified account ‏@MartinCuddihy 15h15 hours ago Pretoria, South Africa

Nel says Barry Steenkamp does not have anger or hatred. Only grief. If it was me and my daughter. I'd have all three. #OscarPistorius

Erin Bates Verified account ‏@ermbates 15h15 hours ago

#OscarPistorius Nel says he is concerned by "sweeping statements about incarceration" @News24

I would be all for the concept of Ubuntu if only the offender had openly expressed contrition and genuine remorse for their actions and the consequences on OTHERS and if they sought to make amends as well as accept the terms of punishment dictated by society. That is what happens when someone admits blame and throws themselves at the mercy of the court.

Oscar on the other hand started from an arrogant sense of entitlement and disbelief at even being charged with a crime. He remained in a state of persistent denial, expecting others to compromise their integrity and lie for him, denigrating witnesses who originally came to his aid that night, and disrespecting every one else, including his own defense team at times. He would throw his grandmother under the bus if necessary.

Not deserving of the beautiful concept of Ubuntu, I don't believe.

City Press Online Verified account ‏@City_Press 15h15 hours ago

Nel: We never saw any anger from Barry Steenkamp, all he asked is that Mr Pistorius must pay. That's it, that's not anger #OscarPistorius

Justice Leach really did stitch up Oscar perfectly with all these carefully crafted dicta

The best the accused #OscarPistorius can do is following the findings of the SCA, continues Nel, Judge Masipa listens @News24

Nel: His explanation is so contradictory that one just does not know why he fired the weapon #OscarPistorius @News24

[2/2] the position of #OscarPistorius @OscarPistorius at the time of the shooting, i.e: downward incline @News24

Genuine disbelief and anger from Nel as he quickly fisks the defence HoA's. He's knocking this out of the park. Chris Gayle wouldn't hit this many sixes in one day!

Karyn Maughan Verified account ‏@karynmaughan 15h15 hours ago

Nel: I don't see the "reduced moral blameworthiness" argued for by the defense #OscarPistorius

Jacaranda News ‏@JacaNews 15h15 hours ago

#OscarPistorius Nel seems to be concluding.
MV

WTH does Masipa mean asking Nel if he is not trying to expand the scope of these proceedings??

#OscarPistorius Nel asks if Masipa will make an order today about the pictures - she asks if he isn't asking it to extend scope of their job

Nel concludes, adding he feels long-term imprisonment is best, enquires about the photographs @News24 #OscarPistorius

Martin Cuddihy Verified account ‏@MartinCuddihy 15h15 hours ago Pretoria, South Africa

Masipa asks Nel if he's trying to expand the scope of this hearing. By requesting photos be released. #OscarPistorius

#OscarPistorius Nel argues Steenkamp testified during these proceedings, so it isn't outside of the scope of proceedings.

WTH does Masipa mean asking Nel if he is not trying to expand the scope of these proceedings??

I will answer my own question-- obviously it pertains to allowing the photos to be made public. She is looking for any excuse not to allow it IMO.

Roux is now saying this is not the proper stage to submit this application.

EWN Reporter ‏@ewnreporter 15h15 hours ago

#OscarPistorius Nel argues no - that the court is permitted to lift the ban on the pictures. BB

Barry Bateman Verified account ‏@barrybateman 15h15 hours ago

#OscarPistorius Nel argues no - that the court is permitted to lift the ban on the pictures. BB

Oh FFS-- it's all over the internet. Roux is worried children will see it. It needs to be part of the court proceedings in consideration for sentencing.

Roux is trying hard to block their release and the emotional impact the pictures will have.

Not going to listen to Roux's nonsense.

Of course Roux does not want those pictures out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads