Othram - General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really interesting that it was connected back to another set of remains that were already discovered and identified. I have to wonder how many more cases are out there like this.
Probably lots. Fortunately, DNA testing can do wonders in resolving these uncertainties.

Probably lots. Fortunately, DNA testing can do wonders in resolving these uncertainties.
Indeed! There's been many times where 2 cases have been linked to be the same body by DNA, I think there's just many agencies that either haven't thought of it or don't have the funds.

Indeed! There's been many times where 2 cases have been linked to be the same body by DNA, I think there's just many agencies that either haven't thought of it or don't have the funds.
Of course funding is always an issue, but the other important thing to note is that older DNA testing methods (and even many contemporary methods) can't sensitively detect relationships from challenging DNA inputs. Its possible that previous testing in many of these cases was attempted but that the methods were not good enough...

It's going to be busy week. Stay tuned for lots of case solve announcements! In the meantime, if you like what we do and want to support our mission, grab an Othram hat: The Othram Hat.

The net proceeds for every purchased hat are used to fund DNASolves cases!

I am eternally hopeful that Othram will get dealt the swing-for-the-fences case that cements their legacy, much like how AMW and the Frank Bender bust captured John List. So much amazing work getting done right now, with a smaller awareness. What would it take to command attention? Which cases?

boy in the box. Whatever it takes.
Austin yogurt shop.

(welcoming other views, suggestions)

It's going to be busy week. Stay tuned for lots of case solve announcements! In the meantime, if you like what we do and want to support our mission, grab an Othram hat: The Othram Hat.

The net proceeds for every purchased hat are used to fund DNASolves cases!
I’m here today patiently waiting for you to post the first of many announcements. I’m so excited to see which cases they will be.

It feels like Christmas already. Families receiving a gift they thought they would never get. I cannot wait to hear!

I’m here today patiently waiting for you to post the first of many announcements. I’m so excited to see which cases they will be.

It feels like Christmas already. Families receiving a gift they thought they would never get. I cannot wait to hear!
Well, here is the first one:

Well, here is the first one:

Nice work Carla! Hoping Mr. Leech has immediate family to welcome him home. Sounds like there might be a sad story behind his disappearance. Sure hope LE are able to connect the dots to bring justice should they find foul play was involved.

Congratulations Othram.

RIP Mr. Leech

Three cases in one day announced as solved!!

Wow! This is big news for Arkansas today. I’m sure the LE department there is ecstatic to have 3 of their cold cases resolved, at least the identity part. Congratulations to you and your team.

I imagine you will start seeing several requests from this state. There is another unidentified out of Benton County From 1970-1980. I hope they consider having you help to identify or maybe they have already requested.

Keep the good news coming. Any other expected announcements? There should be at least one right?

Wow! This is big news for Arkansas today. I’m sure the LE department there is ecstatic to have 3 of their cold cases resolved, at least the identity part. Congratulations to you and your team.

I imagine you will start seeing several requests from this state. There is another unidentified out of Benton County From 1970-1980. I hope they consider having you help to identify or maybe they have already requested.

Keep the good news coming. Any other expected announcements? There should be at least one right?
More to come.

Three cases in one day announced as solved!!

Looks as though they can close Donna Sue Nelson’s case. “Died in prison” has a nice final ring to it.

I believe this is her Websleuths thread.

Last edited:
Folks, we are headed down under!

Posted on this forum which has all the Australian threads (handy to comb through as cases get added and solved ) So awesome, looking forward to seeing other countries open up to this technology! fwiw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ari76