P.I. Casey denies he knew where Caylee's remains were

This whole interview has made me crazy!:furious:
I wanted to reach thru the pages and choke DC. What a liar!
I, too, think JB was the person who instructed him not to call 911 if he found Caylee.

O/T and maybe a little snarky: I had to chuckle when DC is telling about who was with who in the lobbby at the Ritz. He indicated that he was suspicious of Caitlyn and Michelle B, but Cindy assured him they were "ok, they are on the staff." I bet Princess Cindy has waited a lifetime to say those works to someone!
Unfortunately, DC ruins it by saying "who's staff" whereupon Princess says ABC. However, Michelle B is not on staff of ABC unless I am mistaken.

No I don't believe he is lying. He is obligated to be careful about what he says since he does have privileged information.

IF the location had come from JB, DC would NOT have shared it with Cindy or George. JB cannot disclose ANYTHING Casey tells him even to her family (without Casey's permission).

DC readily revealed his conversations with Cindy and George.

BC couldn't work for Cindy, George AND DC if there was a conflict of interest and one of THEM could rat out another.

IF the location had come from JB, DC would NOT have shared it with Cindy or George. JB cannot disclose ANYTHING Casey tells him even to her family (without Casey's permission).

DC readily revealed his conversations with Cindy and George.

BC couldn't work for Cindy, George AND DC if there was a conflict of interest and one of THEM could rat out another.

TRUE:detective:

I also have to wonder how involved in this the Anthony's are. They seem to have done everything in their power to spoil whatever integrity they might have shown in the early days of the case. If they were involved, was Casey under orders to alter, move, cover up or dispose of the remains?

But its not outside the realm of possibility that they were ignorant of this.

It also seems possible to me that Casey got wind of the location somehow, and decided that if he was able to find the remains he could leverage it into a vehicle for fame and profit somehow.

So many possibilities...

If the location came from JB and was shared with DC under circumstances that made it part of A/C communications with Casey A, then DC SHOULD NOT have shared the information with the A's or anyone without authorization to waive the privilege. I don't know what he actually would or wouldn't have done.

The Anthonys' private investigator revealed to detectives in January that he had three separate contracts for his work and one of them was with Casey herself, starting last September, but he said he did not come to the scene based on any information he got directly from Casey. If he had, that could have been privileged information for the defense only and not for detectives or the public.

A question for the lawyers around here. Is it not the case that if DC had a seperate employment contract with KC herself, above and beyond his contract with JB, that rather than extending privilege it would in fact eliminate it? By nature of that contrat he is no longer simply an extension of the lawyer, and is in fact a third party employee of the defedent? So there is no privilege on any client attorney conversations to which he was a party?

Am I interpreting that wrongly?

I think he is, but the problem at this point is pinpointing what he's lying about. He has no credibility. Something less than everything, unless his name isn't DC.

Great answer! :) Do you mind if I adopt it as my own? You said it better!

I think both are lying to some degree....they are cut from the same cloth.:twocents:

I agree - I'm listening to the tapes now. Dominic Casey went out to the dump site a 2nd time, then a 3rd time "for true comfort that Caylee wasn't there (tape 1)"? It's clear he gave conflicting statements?

- going to the crime scene a full month before LE did?
- to determine if it was KC's childhood hangout
- then he says he went based on a psychic tip
- waited 2 weeks before he told the A's
- searched 3 times
- Cindy said she said she sent "someone" to the scene, but didn't say who.

It's all so fishy -- someone isn't telling the truth! IMHO I think the PI knew Caylee was there, but just couldn't find her. He should have called LE and let them know how serious he felt about the location - he failed.

:(

I agree - I'm listening to the tapes now. Dominic Casey went out to the dump site a 2nd time, then a 3rd time "for true comfort that Caylee wasn't there (tape 1)"? It's clear he gave conflicting statements?

- going to the crime scene a full month before LE did?
- to determine if it was KC's childhood hangout
- then he says he went based on a psychic tip
- waited 2 weeks before he told the A's
- searched 3 times
- Cindy said she said she sent "someone" to the scene, but didn't say who.

It's all so fishy -- someone isn't telling the truth! IMHO I think the PI knew Caylee was there, but just couldn't find her. He should have called LE and let them know how serious he felt about the location - he failed.

:(

The meter reader did exactly that, many times. LE wasn't interested.

I believe he's lying. I wonder if LE ever got the cell phone records?

Haven't read the thread yet so apologize in advance if this has already been addressed.

Better question: Does anyone think DC told anything that was the whole truth? (Yes, including his name.) :)

This is a great thread!!! (I still haven't read all of it, but WOW!)

No I don't believe he is lying. He is obligated to be careful about what he says since he does have privileged information.
To quote Cindy he is "telling mis-truths and half-truths".....
:waitasec: so sorry couldn't resist :)

Oh, he is sooooo lying! Stumble, trip. Stumble, trip. Back up. Turn around. Stumble, trip. This guy can't keep his story on its feet!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BROTHEROFLISA
Back