CastlesBurning

Reaction score
seaman_agnes.jpg

• Missing Since 10/20/1972
  • Missing From Cheswick, Pennsylvania
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Age 44 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'2 - 5'4, 140 - 160 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair. Seaman wears eyeglasses.
Details of Disappearance
Seaman was last seen by her Bell Telephone Company coworkers on October 20, 1972 in Cheswick, Pennsylvania, when she attended a retirement party for another employee. She has never been heard from again.

She lived in the 10 block of Bechman Street in Harmar Township, Pennsylvania in 1972. After her disappearance, her boyfriend first claimed she'd taken a job in Chicago, Illinois, then said she'd gone to the Bahamas. Few details are available in her case.

Agnes L. Seaman – The Charley Project

Well, first off, IMO the boyfriend sounds pretty sketchy. Why would he just change his story so drastically like that?

Did Agnes have parents or siblings around? What were their last exchanges with her?

Finally, I'd want to know more about that party. It seems a bit odd to me that someone would last be seen at a retirement party. What did her coworkers remember about her that night? Did she say or do anything unusual? What was her mood? etc.

Agnes L. Seaman – The Charley Project

Agnes L. Seaman
  • seaman_agnes.jpg
Seaman, circa 1972

• Missing Since10/20/1972
  • Missing FromCheswick, Pennsylvania
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • Age44 years old
  • Height and Weight5'2 - 5'4, 140 - 160 pounds
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Brown hair. Seaman wears eyeglasses.
Details of Disappearance
Seaman was last seen by her Bell Telephone Company coworkers on October 20, 1972 in Cheswick, Pennsylvania, when she attended a retirement party for another employee. She has never been heard from again.

She lived in the 10 block of Bechman Street in Harmar Township, Pennsylvania in 1972. After her disappearance, her boyfriend first claimed she'd taken a job in Chicago, Illinois, then said she'd gone to the Bahamas. Few details are available in her case.
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Nothing else about the boyfriend? He gave two different stories, none of them seemed to have sense, and he wasn't questioned any further?
Agnes had been working for Bell company for 26 years... and suddenly she takes a job in Chicago; it's not impossible, I know, but... was there any activity in her Social Security number? I imagine that was the reason he changed the story. However, if she went to Bahamas, she would have to take a plane... I mean it wouldn't have been hard to check if she was on a passenger list or not (I admit I'm not very sure how it worked in the 1970s).
Did LE question him again? Was he considered a suspect? How was their relationship? Did LE talk to her friends? Did Agnes plan to leave him?

How old is that photograph? It looks like it could have been taken in the 50s rather than the early 70s....

First I’m hearing of her case this is so sad, unresolved for 50 years :(

Well, first off, IMO the boyfriend sounds pretty sketchy. Why would he just change his story so drastically like that?

Did Agnes have parents or siblings around? What were their last exchanges with her?

Finally, I'd want to know more about that party. It seems a bit odd to me that someone would last be seen at a retirement party. What did her coworkers remember about her that night? Did she say or do anything unusual? What was her mood? etc.
This is my mother's aunt, and yes her Brother and sister never got justice before they passed. My mother, her siblings and cousins still suffer and hurt from not getting justice or closure. There wasn't enough evidence or DNA testing to convict her boyfriend, they investigated, followed, searched his house and tore up his yard and no signs of Agnes. So to answer your question... yes! She has family and this didn't make sense to us either, the forensics in 1972 isn't like forensics today

This is my mother's aunt, and yes her Brother and sister never got justice before they passed. My mother, her siblings and cousins still suffer and hurt from not getting justice or closure. There wasn't enough evidence or DNA testing to convict her boyfriend, they investigated, followed, searched his house and tore up his yard and no signs of Agnes. So to answer your question... yes! She has family and this didn't make sense to us either, the forensics in 1972 isn't like forensics today

Does anyone know the boyfriend’s name? I’d love to search it in my Newspapers.com account. If he did something, maybe it wasn’t his only transgression.

I agree, the BF would be on my radar! After 26 years of working for the same company, you wouldn't tell them or any coworkers you were taking a job in Chicago? Then he changed the story to the Bahamas...suspicious. Maybe he was the jealous type and upset she attended a "party."

Cheswick, PA runs alongside the Allegheny River...I believe that runs into NY and Ohio. Maybe her body was disposed of there?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675
Back