Deceased/Not Found PA - Anna Maciejewska, 43, Chester County, 10 April 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody find it odd that there hasn't been an update on the FA facebook page? This is the longest it has gone without an update. I suppose this was bound to happen though, for it seems Anna's case is going cold. 😔

I'm not so sure. It was a very vocal and active group of individuals. To suddenly go silent is curious.

I'm sure whomever disappeared Anna is exhaling loudly and thinking to himself "FINALLY!". jmo

About what? The FB group going silent?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The folks who handle the FB page are still concerned. The holidays were really busy and some of them travelled and/or had things going on with family. We have had some bad weather here that eliminated the possibility of any searches. I expect there will be more activity in the coming weeks and certainly as the anniversary of her disappearance rolls around.

The folks who handle the FB page are still concerned. The holidays were really busy and some of them travelled and/or had things going on with family. We have had some bad weather here that eliminated the possibility of any searches. I expect there will be more activity in the coming weeks and certainly as the anniversary of her disappearance rolls around.

Oh, I am sure they are still concerned. I was just wondering what GigTu meant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not so sure. It was a very vocal and active group of individuals. To suddenly go silent is curious.

I have entertained this idea as well. Perhaps some of the "evidence" collected on the December 3rd community search was found to be connected? Possible gag order?Possible threats of lawsuits for slander? Hopefully there will be some kind of update soon.

Does anybody find it odd that there hasn't been an update on the FA facebook page? This is the longest it has gone without an update. I suppose this was bound to happen though, for it seems Anna's case is going cold. 😔

I'm sure whomever disappeared Anna is exhaling loudly and thinking to himself "FINALLY!". jmo

I have entertained this idea as well. Perhaps some of the "evidence" collected on the December 3rd community search was found to be connected? Possible gag order?Possible threats of lawsuits for slander? Hopefully there will be some kind of update soon.

I have been following Anna's case very closely since the beginning, and I find it extraordinarily odd that nothing has been posted to the FA FB page in nearly a month. And I don't think it's because the case has gone cold, they've lost interest, or ceased to care.

From the start, this group of people, most- I believe- didn't even know Anna, have seemed to take ownership of her and the search for her. As a survivor of domestic violence and a "soldier" in the battle of depression and PTSD, I immediately found myself connecting with this woman I never met and imagining the horrors she may have endured.

Also immediately, I found myself both appreciating the FA groups' passion and cringing at their control. Early on, on facebook, they prohibited comments and now they monitor the comments that are made. Only the page administrator can post to the page, visitors/friends don't have that ability. And the practice of theirs that is really a red flag to me is their "policing" of our forum. Many many times, whether on their FB page or here on the forum, they attempt to control what we discuss regarding Anna and her case. Why would they be doing this?

What really strikes me is that Anna, her husband, and her son made a traditional annual visit to Poland every year to visit her parents and her family. The FA folks made no mention of this heartbreaking absence on the FB page, and that in itself, in my opinion, is heartbreaking.

I understand being busy. I understand having other commitments and being distracted etc. But it takes only a few moments to recognize the loss of this dear woman on Christmas day to honor her parents on the FB page dedicated to her.

Of course, all of this is in my very humble opinion and muddled understanding of the situation.

I think there's a wolf in sheep's clothing among us. jmo

You are probably right, but I hope you are wrong. It's such a terrifying thought to consider. Even though I've endured a lifetime of abuse - of every kind, by all sorts of people- as a child and as an adult- - by the people I should have been able to trust- I still am sheltered in a strange way and have a hard time comprehending evil and the way these people think and act and their presence among us.

It's just befuddling and disappointing and terrifying to think you may be correct.

jmo, of course

That is not only a normal risk with open forums like this, it is actually not all that uncommon for actors to follow the case on social media of all types. It is also not uncommon for them to insert themselves or an associate into search functions and groups to keep tabs on case progression and why LE tends to keep things close to the vest.

As some other members of this forum are well aware, I do far more "boots on the ground" investigation on the cases I follow, than what I post here.

Welp, at least our discussion prompted a FA post! Wowza! I wish the energy expended to write that "update"/criticism directed at WS, could have been used towards acknowledging and honoring Anna during the holidays. That in itself speaks volumes, in my opinion.

I would like to say that I truly believe a majority of the FA group has nothing but good intentions of helping Anna and her family. I'm sorry if my frustration is coming across as offensive; it's not directed at everyone. Thank you for what you are doing to help.

I do know for a fact that help HAS been offered multiple times by several different people, and it has been blatantly ignored...so I don't want to hear about "people who aren't willing to lift a finger." MANY people have been willing and have asked to help, but have been excluded like it's a high school clique. It's ridiculous and disheartening to say the least.

I'm not sure what else to really say on this topic, but I think it's time for me to step back from this for a little bit. I hope that Anna's family gains closure and justice soon.

Imagine if you will, a large group of people (about 60) who never met Anna show up to a community meeting to volunteer to help search for her.
The police later dissuade those people from actively searching so the call goes out for community members to canvass areas.... a by far smaller crowd shows to help - about 10 of the original 60 people who wanted to search originally.
Of those 10, two (yes TWO) actually knew Anna.
No other friends, family, co-workers show - For ANY of the canvassing. But those 10 original people show - EVERY TIME.
For every canvassing, knocking on doors, hanging fliers, handing out pictures, walking miles, printing fliers, posting on social media, keeping the story of Annas disappearance in the media, helping the family with lodging, transportation, meals when they are here, whatever they can do.
They eat, sleep, breathe Annas case.... for almost a year.
Never ceasing, never giving up, donating their time -most have families of their own which they can be spending this time - their resources, their own $$, all to find a woman they’ve never met & bring whomever harmed her to justice.
Now imagine YOU are one of the 10 people... reading SW and seeing the vitriol spewed against your group, the outright accusations that you somehow had something to do with her disappearance.

How are you feeling now?

Let me just tell you, as frustrated as you all are, amplify that by 10 fold for those of us who have given our all to this sweet little polish woman & her family we have come to know.
Everything we have done has been police sanctioned & on the advice of an attorney to avoid any lawsuit for liable or slander.
It has not been to gossip, feed egos, satisfy armchair sleuths or anything other than FIND ANNA.
I guess it’s true when they say; “no good deed goes unpunished”.
All I’m asking is that you THINK before you post, it could mean the difference between people in the community volunteering for future cases & not.

JMO as always.

Welp, at least our discussion prompted a FA post! Wowza! I wish the energy expended to write that "update"/criticism directed at WS, could have been used towards acknowledging and honoring Anna during the holidays. That in itself speaks volumes, in my opinion.

I would like to say that I truly believe a majority of the FA group has nothing but good intentions of helping Anna and her family. I'm sorry if my frustration is coming across as offensive; it's not directed at everyone. Thank you for what you are doing to help.

I do know for a fact that help HAS been offered multiple times by several different people, and it has been blatantly ignored...so I don't want to hear about "people who aren't willing to lift a finger." MANY people have been willing and have asked to help, but have been excluded like it's a high school clique. It's ridiculous and disheartening to say the least.

I'm not sure what else to really say on this topic, but I think it's time for me to step back from this for a little bit. I hope that Anna's family gains closure and justice soon.

Well said!!!

There have been many calls out to the public to come out & support/help but sadly few actually show up. Especially if it’s not an active search. Most people only want to walk the woods and not do the “other stuff” which goes on behind the scenes when a person goes missing.
Not to mention there is a process of weeding out the crazies, the “heroes”, the egos or people looking for attention.
I’ve been to almost every single event, etc. and I can tell you, the attendance shocked me & not in a good way.
JMO

There have been many calls out to the public to come out & support/help but sadly few actually show up. Especially if it’s not an active search. Most people only want to walk the woods and not do the “other stuff” which goes on behind the scenes when a person goes missing.
Not to mention there is a process of weeding out the crazies, the “heroes”, the egos or people looking for attention.
I’ve been to almost every single event, etc. and I can tell you, the attendance shocked me & not in a good way.
JMO

Has there been a concerted effort to ask people who know her to join the group and actively help? I just can't imagine someone I know personally going missing like this and not getting involved! I know people have limited time and resources and their own families and jobs to attend to. But it just seems like there is a big chunk of people missing in the search team. Is it because they all think they know the outcome and perpetrator?

Also, you said: The police later dissuade those people from actively searching. I think this is a big issue here with this case. IMO.

Has there been a concerted effort to ask people who know her to join the group and actively help? I just can't imagine someone I know personally going missing like this and not getting involved! I know people have limited time and resources and their own families and jobs to attend to. But it just seems like there is a big chunk of people missing in the search team. Is it because they all think they know the outcome and perpetrator?

Also, you said: The police later dissuade those people from actively searching. I think this is a big issue here with this case. IMO.

Yes, there has been a huge effort to get more people who knew her to help. I have actually been shocked by some reactions (I won’t go into detail here).
Understandably, the police don’t want people going off on the woods searching, risking injury, someone getting lost, etc. the only reason the recent searches were sanctioned by police is because we pushed and pushed.
Although much cannot be disclosed (for obvious reasons) don’t think we are sitting back or have given up.

Anna has a husband and in laws. I wonder if they been searching and doing the mundane behind the scene work that goes on when there is a missing person.

Imagine if you will, a large group of people (about 60) who never met Anna show up to a community meeting to volunteer to help search for her.
The police later dissuade those people from actively searching so the call goes out for community members to canvass areas.... a by far smaller crowd shows to help - about 10 of the original 60 people who wanted to search originally.
Of those 10, two (yes TWO) actually knew Anna.
No other friends, family, co-workers show - For ANY of the canvassing. But those 10 original people show - EVERY TIME.
For every canvassing, knocking on doors, hanging fliers, handing out pictures, walking miles, printing fliers, posting on social media, keeping the story of Annas disappearance in the media, helping the family with lodging, transportation, meals when they are here, whatever they can do.
They eat, sleep, breathe Annas case.... for almost a year.
Never ceasing, never giving up, donating their time -most have families of their own which they can be spending this time - their resources, their own $$, all to find a woman they’ve never met & bring whomever harmed her to justice.
Now imagine YOU are one of the 10 people... reading SW and seeing the vitriol spewed against your group, the outright accusations that you somehow had something to do with her disappearance.

How are you feeling now?

Let me just tell you, as frustrated as you all are, amplify that by 10 fold for those of us who have given our all to this sweet little polish woman & her family we have come to know.
Everything we have done has been police sanctioned & on the advice of an attorney to avoid any lawsuit for liable or slander.
It has not been to gossip, feed egos, satisfy armchair sleuths or anything other than FIND ANNA.
I guess it’s true when they say; “no good deed goes unpunished”.
All I’m asking is that you THINK before you post, it could mean the difference between people in the community volunteering for future cases & not.

JMO as always.

Some of us would like to do these things, but not only do we have jobs and families, most of us don’t live anywhere near where all of this is taking place, or you’d likely see many of us turning out to do whatever we could do. I’m not criticizing your post (even though it seems like it)-I certainly understand your frustration. We wouldn’t be here at WS on Anna’s page if we didn’t really care what comes of all of this.

I saw the Facebook post being referenced, where the person who wrote it said something about people discussing Anna’s disappearance who would be more helpful if they got off their “lazy duffs”, and was put off by it. Maybe that is the problem; people would like to help, but realize that they are being looked at as lazy curiousity seekers and not caring people with something to offer.

Having said that, I’m not sure at this point that organized searches are likely to find Anna. And it surprises me that there can be some people in that area who might not have heard about her disappearance last Spring, although I’m sure there are. It seems now as if luck is the most important component in finding out what happened to her. This saddens me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aegon_the_Conqueror