PA PA - Candice Caffas, 34, Endangered Advisory, mental health disability, climbed out window, Meadville, 15 July 2022

Search continues for Meadville woman missing since July​

by: Brian Wilk

Posted: Nov 28, 2022 / 06:57 PM EST

Updated: Nov 28, 2022 / 07:34 PM EST

The search for a missing Meadville woman continues, but those closest to her have not given up hope.
Candice Caffas, 35, was last seen on July 15. Search crews and volunteers have spent countless hours looking for her, but as the season changes, they are hoping this can create new ways to look for her.

I still think truck stops along the highway could potentially yield some leads.

I’m glad to hear the community is still invested in finding Candice. I wouldn’t rule out foul play, but haven’t heard any mention of that possibility?

Amateur opinion and speculation

JAN 2, 2023
[...]

... She was seen at about 10 p.m. on July 15 walking on Mount Pleasant Road in Meadville. Then she was seen on the railroad tracks on State Game Land #213 on Route 285 between Geneva and Conneaut Lake at about 5:30 a.m. and 5:45 a.m. on July 16. ...

[...]

Police say she climbed out of her bathroom window and may have been searching for food due to her medical condition. She has left home in the past but had never been missing this long. In the past, she was found near water.

While law enforcement has discontinued large-scale search operations, friends and family continue to organize search groups throughout the area.

“We’ve searched everywhere. Miles and miles that we’ve covered and haven’t seen anything. We haven’t found anything. The police say it’s still an active investigation and they’re following any leads that they get. But they don’t really tell us anything other than it’s still active,” said Carol Caffas, Candice’s mother. “We just need people to know that she’s still missing and we’re still looking every day. We haven’t missed a day yet.”

A $12,500 reward has been offered for information leading to Caffas’s recovery. Anyone with information can call Pennsylvania State Police at (814) 332-6911.

[...]

There’s been nothing in the media (that I could find) for a couple months now. Further, I can’t find any reference to the possibility of foul play.

I wouldn’t rule anything out. Very, very sad.

“We’re just lost without her. We just miss her. We just want her home,” said Carol Caffas, Candice’s mother.

On July 16, 2022 Candice Leeann Caffas went missing from her home in Crawford County. 717-585-8940

“We just want people to know she’s still missing. There’s been places I put up flyers and talked to people and they don’t even realize she’s still missing,” Carol Caffas said.

According to family, Candice fled their home early in morning hours escaping through the bathroom window.

Carol told us Candice has a condition where she has a mentality of a 10–12-year-old. Her mother emotionally describes what she remembers of Candice.

“She was fun. She was happy. I don’t know … She had lots of friends,” Carol Caffas said emotionally.

“We hear things. There’s a lot of miss-information and lies out there,” she said.

Candice’s parents remind people to look twice when going past a missing persons sign.

“See something, don’t wait,” said John Caffas, Candice’s father “I don’t know why everybody’s hesitant to say anything. But I guess people, and myself, have walked by missing posters and never paid attention to them either. So, I see, it happens.”

Jul. 17—The weekend that just ended marked one year since Candice Caffas disappeared — and a year of anguish for her mother.

Caffas, 35, a Union Township woman with special needs, has been missing her family's small home since mid-July 2022.

"I'm just trying to keep going, I have to find her," said Carol Caffas, her voice softly trembling. "It's just really hard ... it's just really hard."

Candice Caffas has Prader Willi syndrome, a genetic disorder that often results in multiple issues — including the person always being hungry as well as behavioral problems such as running away.

More at One year of anguish for mother of missing woman

Jul. 17—The weekend that just ended marked one year since Candice Caffas disappeared — and a year of anguish for her mother.

Caffas, 35, a Union Township woman with special needs, has been missing her family's small home since mid-July 2022.

"I'm just trying to keep going, I have to find her," said Carol Caffas, her voice softly trembling. "It's just really hard ... it's just really hard."

Candice Caffas has Prader Willi syndrome, a genetic disorder that often results in multiple issues — including the person always being hungry as well as behavioral problems such as running away.

More at One year of anguish for mother of missing woman
I agree with the mother’s speculation; someone picked her up. They live close to the highway…

Missing teeth are quite common in long term care facilities. I don't have any data to back this up, but it is
my observation over the 3 years that I was the cook at Long Term Structured Residence.
But she was living at home....

Perhaps it was such a struggle that they just gave up on it, or she had some specific dental issue as a secondary effect of her primary health issue. In some cases, it is an indication of neglect. It's impossible to know which it was here, since we don't have facts.

But she was living at home....

Perhaps it was such a struggle that they just gave up on it, or she had some specific dental issue as a secondary effect of her primary health issue. In some cases, it is an indication of neglect. It's impossible to know which it was here, since we don't have facts.

Often with adults who have special needs it's simply a matter of poverty. Medicaid coverage in Pennsylvania has limited participating dental providers especially in more rural areas, and they don't cover much beyond the basics in my experience and opinion.

*July 2023: Bump.
1697742867129.jpeg
Caffas is 34-years-old and has been diagnosed with Prader-Willi syndrome, which affects many parts of the body.
*Where is she?

*bump, bump… *July 2023
1707763458767-jpeg.482767

Caffas is 34 years old and has been diagnosed with Prader-Willi syndrome, affects many parts of the body. She was known to frequent places of water. Caffas does not respond well to people calling her name and will shy away.

Attachments

• 1707763458767.jpeg
    1707763458767.jpeg
    69 KB · Views: 124

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members