GUILTY PA - Carlesha Freeland-Gaither, 22, Germantown, 2 November 2014 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not nice to think about, but maybe he knocked her out in the back seat. Very risky as she could come to, but I really think he wasn't expecting the fight he got from Carlesha, and any plans he had were quickly thrown into disarray. Good on her. I hope her will to live brings her home.

Well, the one thing that really struck me had already been mentioned, but I think it is worth thinking about again. Sweet, strong, brave girl fought so hard! I'm so proud of her! She never quit. So much that she broke out 2 windows in a matter of seconds! So, what would keep her from getting out of the car when he begins driving? Unfortunately, I think it can only be a couple of things- someone else was in the car to "receive" her (not what my gut tells me because there was only a struggle of the 2 of them on the sidewalk) or he had to instantly shoot her. I hooooope and pray that is not true, but she didn't show any signs of going willingly or submissively. I think people for miles around would have seen her jumping all over the damn place, if she could. I feel so sorry for her and her family. She seemed like an incredible spirit!

I was thinking about this too, I can't help but think.. she kicked out the windows! Go girl!! but what happened next? That had to have surprised the perp, he must have acted to stop her getting out, and I don't think speeding off would have stopped her jumping, not with her adrenaline pumping like it obviously would have been, if she could, she would have jumped out. Or at least screamed at the top of her lungs. Something happened to stop her, but what? Either someone else in the car, and like you mpnola I doubt that, or he had to have incapacitated her :( I do not have a good feeling about this. I feel the car will be found torched.

The entire thing is scary has heck! There were other people around, lights, other vehicles, Carlesha fought him, and yet none of that deterred or stopped him! The things were told that can save you, didn't in this case. It has scared the daylights out of me, and now I can't go to sleep!!!

I don't know how many times I've told my daughter to not let them take you, but I see now that it's not that easy. Just picked her up, and threw her in that car, in which he also had to open a door while fighting with her!! NOTHING was going to stop him.

I was screaming at the video for that car to ram into the abductors! But, that driver had to worry about their own life. :( If a gun was involved, then a witness would have been eliminated. How terrifying!! Oh I hope that driver doesn't feel guilt. I believe they did all they could.

Does PA have plates on front and back? I'm just praying someone at least got enough of a plate that it can be traced.

I wonder if the car had child locks on the door to help prevent her from getting out.

Me either...i can't sleep at all...i've been awake all night thinking about this...i really wish i never watched it
I hope we get news anytime now that she got out safe!

I don't think she knows her attacker, but I'm not convinced she wasn't targeted all the same. He seemed to know when the SEPTA bus would arrive and possibly that she'd be on it. I prayed for Carlesha and her safety last night as I was going to sleep. My heart breaks for this girl and her family :(.

How did he expect to just kidnap her, and put in the backseat without any resistance?? He must have had either something to subdue her, or someone else in there to help. He didn't put in the front seat. I don't understand. I pray for Carlesha and her loved ones. I can't imagine her dear parents having to watch that video, knowing they were powerless to help her. :tantrum:

Maybe he showed her a gun because she seemed more compliant toward the top of the sidewalk but she gets near the car and starts fighting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe he showed her a gun because she seemed more compliant toward the top of the sidewalk but she gets near the car and starts fighting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he probably showed her the knife that was found on the sidewalk.

I too can't sleep and am truly horrified. To watch it happen sickens me. We know the reason that most perps do this and...well I can't finish it. To see the evil happen before my eyes, there are no words. Remember the little girl about 10 years ago who was kidnapped on tape? Her name escapes me but she was taken by a stranger. It was nowhere near this violent but horrified me too, to watch it happen. It crosses my mind from time-to-time. This woman will stay with me. Her picture shows such a sweet spirit. I am heartbroken. Can't imagine the pain her family feels!

When they got in the back of the car, you heard like a tap tap pap pap, whatever it was, it was like two of them and then the back window came out,” an eyewitness said.
Freeland-Gaither, according to police, kicked out the driver side rear window as the car drove off.
An eyewitness, who doesn’t want to show his face, called 911. He had been walking the opposite side of the street when he heard her scream.
“‘Help me, help me,’ and I turned around and I just started running up,” he said. “I called the cops as I’m like yo screaming stop, stop, stop. He’s dragging her to the car.”

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/20...te-possible-abduction-of-woman-in-germantown/

The entire thing is scary has heck! There were other people around, lights, other vehicles, Carlesha fought him, and yet none of that deterred or stopped him! The things were told that can save you, didn't in this case. It has scared the daylights out of me, and now I can't go to sleep!!!

I don't know how many times I've told my daughter to not let them take you, but I see now that it's not that easy. Just picked her up, and threw her in that car, in which he also had to open a door while fighting with her!! NOTHING was going to stop him.

I was screaming at the video for that car to ram into the abductors! But, that driver had to worry about their own life. :( If a gun was involved, then a witness would have been eliminated. How terrifying!! Oh I hope that driver doesn't feel guilt. I believe they did all they could.

Does PA have plates on front and back? I'm just praying someone at least got enough of a plate that it can be traced.

PA does NOT have plates on the front. Neither does Delaware....HOWEVER neighboring states of New Jersey, Maryland, and Virginia (all of whom have light colored plates) do have front plates. I believe New York does as well.

How did he expect to just kidnap her, and put in the backseat without any resistance?? He must have had either something to subdue her, or someone else in there to help. He didn't put in the front seat. I don't understand. I pray for Carlesha and her loved ones. I can't imagine her dear parents having to watch that video, knowing they were powerless to help her. :tantrum:

Especially since then he REALLY saw how resistant she was going to be in breaking out TWO windows.

But then that goes back to, if she were alone back there and had already put up that much of a fight and was clearly desperate to get away, wouldn't she have surely jumped out once she broke the windows? I guess maybe not if a gun were pointed at her, but even then the fight she displayed makes me think she really would have.

And as someone else pointed out, with two windows broken out, and someone who clearly had been putting up a fight, would NO ONE have noticed the car (and her making a real ruckus in a place without broken out windows) and noticed her?

So then both of those make me think there had to be someone else in there...but then that gets me wrapped up in well how did she manage to break out two windows if there was someone else back there? (Or heck, even if the person had also been up front initially)

This is a seriously scary one!

Have we EVER had a case this blatant where the whole thing went down start to finish on video and so incredibly quickly? I can't think of any?

And I sure can't think of any where we see a victim do everything 'textbook' that experts always say to do in a situation like this.

Her reaction was incredible - including not giving up even once he got her. Almost more incredibly is that she managed to do all those things in such a short time also!

I mean, she was caught off guard, and it wasn't like someone had been walking behind her and she had a few moments to think through anything to figure out what she ought to do get away. I wonder if she'd taken a self defense class or martial arts or something - her reaction is just truly so amazing and yet he STILL got her!

If it weren't clearly NOT someone really missing, it's almost be like it was a training video on abduction / response.

Not nice to think about, but maybe he knocked her out in the back seat. Very risky as she could come to, but I really think he wasn't expecting the fight he got from Carlesha, and any plans he had were quickly thrown into disarray. Good on her. I hope her will to live brings her home.

I hate typing this but maybe he stabbed her. The car behind them heard gun shots but it might have been her kicking out the window.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SsuY6zze1Zs

BBM ... many of the news stations only show part of the video - watch the full length one here on YouTube to see the car pull up then reverse.

Wow...did you notice how the back of the car was rocking? Being so little, she sure was putting up one hell of a fight!! I would think the suspect would have scratches on his face & arms/hands. It almost looks like she was targeted; like he knew where and what time she would be there...so strange!! Prayers going out to you Carlesha!! Keep fighting - hopefully you'll be found today, alive. :please:

This is really horrifying. So blatant and brazen. I'm really concerned about Carlesha's welfare after viewing the video but my word, she fought hard.

I feel it must be someone who knew her. Laying in wait for her and timing it to perfection like that, I think someone has done their research. Whether it was someone watching from a distance or someone who was familiar to Carlesha, I'm not certain on. Perhaps she fought so hard because she knew who it was and exactly what they had planned. :(

REWARD NOW $15K IN GERMANTOWN ABDUCTION CAUGHT ON CAMERA

On Monday Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter approved a $10,000 reward for an arrest and conviction.

Tuesday morning, John McNesby, President of the Fraternal Order of Police (FOP) Lodge 5, announced an additional $5,000 reward for an arrest, but not necessarily a conviction, in the case.

snip

Freeland-Gaither's family says she worked as a nurse and had spent the evening visiting with her godson before heading home. They say she was just blocks from her home when she was abducted.

http://6abc.com/news/reward-now-$15k-in-kidnapping-caught-on-camera/378388/

I hate typing this but maybe he stabbed her. The car behind them heard gun shots but it might have been her kicking out the window.

Do we know for sure if the car behind them heard shots? I know that was speculated, but I wasn't sure if that had been confirmed.

Do we know for sure if the car behind them heard shots? I know that was speculated, but I wasn't sure if that had been confirmed.

I don't think that has been confirmed. In fact, someone said earlier in this thread that local reporter Katherine Scott posted on her FB page that the person thought it was shots when they saw the windows shatter, when in actuality it as Carlesha kicking out the windows. I went to Katherin's FB page, and I did read that comment by her (which was a response she made to a post that she made about the kidnapping).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonFly57