PA PA - District Attorney Ray Gricar Mysteriously Disappeared - Bellefonte 15 April 2005 #18

I just watched the Disappeared episode about Ray Gricar a few days ago, although I was a little bit familiar with the case beforehand. I know he was extremely worried about something on his laptop but what I keep wondering is why, instead of trying to figure out some way to erase the hard drive, he didn't just make up a story about the laptop going missing or being stolen. He could have buried it, thrown it in a dumpster, etc. and claimed he accidentally left it someplace like a coffee shop and that it wasn't there when he returned to retrieve it.

I do think his disappearance is linked to whatever he was trying to hide on the laptop, so no matter what he said about the laptop probably wouldn't have prevented whatever happened to him, but he seems to have spent a great deal of time and effort worrying about how to erase it when he could have claimed the entire laptop itself was gone.

I just watched the Disappeared episode about Ray Gricar a few days ago, although I was a little bit familiar with the case beforehand. I know he was extremely worried about something on his laptop but what I keep wondering is why, instead of trying to figure out some way to erase the hard drive, he didn't just make up a story about the laptop going missing or being stolen. He could have buried it, thrown it in a dumpster, etc. and claimed he accidentally left it someplace like a coffee shop and that it wasn't there when he returned to retrieve it.

I do think his disappearance is linked to whatever he was trying to hide on the laptop, so no matter what he said about the laptop probably wouldn't have prevented whatever happened to him, but he seems to have spent a great deal of time and effort worrying about how to erase it when he could have claimed the entire laptop itself was gone.
It is unknown. RFG was a prosecutor and probably would have been aware of data security.

For all we know, RFG could have erased the drive, separated it from the laptop, tossed both, and planned to go into work on Monday and say that he lost it.

If RFG absence is voluntary (walkaway or suicide), the laptop is probably related. If this is homicide, it may not be.

Read the last paragraph of this police report. I do not recall any discussion on these forums about this particular topic. Very coincidental that a guy stated several times, 10 days before Ray disappeared, that his dad that lives in Lewisburg was very upset with Ray.

Attachments

• JS Statement.png
    JS Statement.png
    748.8 KB · Views: 33
Read the last paragraph of this police report. I do not recall any discussion on these forums about this particular topic. Very coincidental that a guy stated several times, 10 days before Ray disappeared, that his dad that lives in Lewisburg was very upset with Ray.
Street was 4/2003. It was the case RFG was removed from for trying to influence a pathologist; he was actually sanctioned by the judge. Street was acquitted; the DA's Office had to pay for a new expert.

I was under the impression that Street was from Philadelphia.

Whatever happened to Knight's podcast?
Last episode was 2 years ago. A year ago she said she was releasing multiple episodes in “a few weeks” that would contain shocking evidence that Ray was murdered. Maybe she’s still waiting on that shocking evidence to jump out of that copy of the police file she is hoarding.

Last episode was 2 years ago. A year ago she said she was releasing multiple episodes in “a few weeks” that would contain shocking evidence that Ray was murdered. Maybe she’s still waiting on that shocking evidence to jump out of that copy of the police file she is hoarding.
She may have painted herself into a corner.

As in, she found evidence about Ray’s disappearance that hasn’t been revealed and that LE wants kept hidden?
As in, she had a theory but couldn’t come up with sufficient material evidence to pull it all together and make a rational conclusion to the podcast.

It’s clear that she was going for = Ray was murdered to cover up a purported investigation into Penn State / Sandusky. Some involved parties, to some extent, were Mark Smith, Barbara Petito, and AG Tom Corbett with some involvement by organized crime.

She released a lot of good never before seen information on the episodes she did. However, if she doesn’t have any further actual evidence, her path was a dead end.

Very interested in the death threat she received. Only explanation for a death threat is if she was on to something.

As in, she had a theory but couldn’t come up with sufficient material evidence to pull it all together and make a rational conclusion to the podcast.

It’s clear that she was going for = Ray was murdered to cover up a purported investigation into Penn State / Sandusky. Some involved parties, to some extent, were Mark Smith, Barbara Petito, and AG Tom Corbett with some involvement by organized crime.

She released a lot of good never before seen information on the episodes she did. However, if she doesn’t have any further actual evidence, her path was a dead end.

Very interested in the death threat she received. Only explanation for a death threat is if she was on to something.
I hope she reported it to the FBI.

Listening to the podcast JJ linked to above I was reminded of another question I've long had about the suicide theory. The scent dogs were able to find Ray's scent at his car. They tracked him outside his car, but the scent ended there, indicating that he got into another car. If Ray had committed suicide, there would have been a scent trail to the river, correct?

I hope she reported it to the FBI.

Listening to the podcast JJ linked to above I was reminded of another question I've long had about the suicide theory. The scent dogs were able to find Ray's scent at his car. They tracked him outside his car, but the scent ended there, indicating that he got into another car. If Ray had committed suicide, there would have been a scent trail to the river, correct?
Maybe.

It is possible that, due to the surface change from the parking lot to the street, and/or due to the masking effect of exhausts, that the bloodhound lost the trail. That said, they could not find RFG's scent elsewhere in the area. That makes suicide much less likely.

The scent is physical evidence that RFG was in the parking lot, but not when he was in the lot (i.e. Friday or Saturday) or how he got out of the parking lot. I suspect that he got into another car, but the evidence is not solid.

He disappeared on tax day. 99% of people have their taxes filed before tax day. How is him having his taxes filed in any way evidence of a walk away?
Often People who do not receive a refund wait until the deadline, especially if there’s a payment due to the IRS.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz
Back