GUILTY PA - Erica Shultz, 26, missed work, Bloomsburg, Columbia Co., 4 Dec 2020 *arrest*

I hate that she’s a trusting girl. And how very sad I have to say that about anyone. Do we know where she was seen last or did I miss that? MOO
Erica was last seen on Friday the 4th- it does not say by who but I am guessing at work. Her sister spoke to her Friday night on the phone.

Erica was last seen on Friday the 4th- it does not say by who but I am guessing at work. Her sister spoke to her Friday night on the phone.

The one article states that they facetimed Friday night. Erica was at her home when that was happening.
“She facetimed me before bed and showed me a Disney puzzle that she was working on with her cat Luna and she said goodnight and that she would talk to me tomorrow,” Corbin said.

Missing Woman | Eyewitness News

Last edited by a moderator:
Based on the info in articles, it says her medication was in her apartment (based on her being diabetic I'm making the jump that this would be insulin). And I don't think it would be likely for her to walk to work given that she is typically driven by family to and from.

It appears that 400 Railroad St is a condo building of sorts (According to Google Maps Street View). Has there been any information about interviews with neighbors? Did she live alone?

Lots of questions, just throwing them all out there

Was contact with her family daily?
read above she said she’d talk to her sister on Saturday, did she leave Friday night/Saturday? Was there a scheduled time for the call?
Was there food for the cat? (Could maybe narrow down what day she disappeared?)
What kind of cell phone, is it still on?
Did neighbours hear anything? See anything?
To grab phone and not coat etc... did someone come to the door and lured her out? Needed help?
Does she have other social media accounts?
Do her socials show any activity on the Saturday?
Did she have any issues at work? Anyone harassing her/hassling her?
What would her daily routine normally be? Who else would have known it? Can someone have taken advantage if that? Or special interests?

I had a lot more but they’ve escaped me now I’m typing. IMO could she have answered the door to someone in need? Someone missing an animal where Erica would just grab her phone and want to help? Her walking ability sounds reduced/limited based on what the family said with driving her to work with her condition. Did she get into a car? Was there any unusual activity around the apartments?

I feel like her neighbours must know or have seen something IMO.

I am doubtful that she went walking - it's mentioned that the family saw her winter coat when they checked in.

Weather for that area has been around 40-55 F - is that walkable to work? But sounds like a definite no regardless if she didn't have her winter coat.

No updates yet I can find... it’s now been 6 days since she last had contact with her sister. I feel so so worried for this poor woman and her family

ETA: her family have updated Erica’s Facebook to say she is missing

Something else I'm wondering: are there other missing person cases from earlier in the year in the area?
I haven't heard of any. I'm not too far away from Bloomsburg. Though I don't always follow the local news, so I can't be sure if there's been any others.

Bloomsburg is a fairly small town surrounded by rural areas/other small towns.

I haven't heard of any. I'm not too far away from Bloomsburg. Though I don't always follow the local news, so I can't be sure if there's been any others.

Bloomsburg is a fairly small town surrounded by rural areas/other small towns.
In normal times, I'd say maybe look into Bloomsburg University and see if any students noticed something out of the ordinary. I'm still going back to the neighbors. Someone had to see her that weekend in theory, right?

Rereading the articles

"The second I saw her coat on the couch, I knew something was up," said Corbin
Police searching for 26-year-old woman with special needs | wnep.com

Thinking out loud... if she had chose to leave the house herself what made her change her mind? Coat on the couch makes me think it was going to be worn for her to leave at some point, but she wasn’t due to work until Sunday and had no plans to meet anyone except call her sister on Saturday.

“She facetimed me before bed and showed me a Disney puzzle that she was working on with her cat Luna and she said goodnight and that she would talk to me tomorrow,” Corbin said.

The next day, her phone went straight to voicemail. No one could get ahold of her. Corbin says her family got nervous and went to her apartment.

Erica was gone, along with her phone and purse. But her winter coat and daily medications were still there. When Erica didn’t show up for her shift at Weis on Sunday, her family reported her missing to Bloomsburg Police.
Missing Woman | Eyewitness News

Timeline based on above:

8pm Friday 4th Dec - FaceTime call with sister. Was working on a Disney puzzle, said goodnight, made plans to talk tomorrow.
?? Saturday 5th Dec - Sister tries to phone Erica. Straight to voicemail. Comes by Erica’s apartment, no sign of Erica, Erica’s phone or her purse. Winter coat was left on the couch and daily medications left behind.
?? Sunday 6th Dec - Erica doesn’t show up for work on Sunday. Family report her missing.

So she had to have left either the Friday night or Saturday (morning?). It’s been cold, so assuming again if she left of her own accord, I would assume it was intended on being a brief, short trip, IMO. Something which may have required ID or money? All the water areas around have me worried

What would be the likelihood that she was admitted to an area hospital? Looks like Geisinger Bloomsburg is local. Is it possible she's admitted as a Jane Doe and the hospital hasn't notified LE? I hate to speculate without additional info to share, but trying to consider every possible scenario.

What would be the likelihood that she was admitted to an area hospital? Looks like Geisinger Bloomsburg is local. Is it possible she's admitted as a Jane Doe and the hospital hasn't notified LE? I hate to speculate without additional info to share, but trying to consider every possible scenario.

Anything is possible but the hospital is pretty small and it is doubtful no one working there wouldn't notice/figure it out or they haven't checked.

Last edited:
Anything is possible but the hospital is pretty small and it is doubtful no one working there wouldn't notice/figure it out or they haven't checked.

Not from the area, but a Philly show this morning had a Doctor from Geisinger on who said they are overwhelmed with Covid cases Small plus someone admitted without covid I think they'd know.

Thanks for all local information

Calling hopitals is one of the first things LE likely did. Phone pings and CCTV are an important step right now as is searching the creek overpass and blocks in between with a tracking dog IMO.

Googling her apartment complex shows the attached street view: https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!...hUKEwjFl6vF-MTtAhVsw1kKHeNCC7kQpx8wEnoECCUQAw (Screen shot for ease of viewing is linked)

The Scottown Apartments are a fixed income housing units, encompassing 2 buildings, with 16 total apartments, and an apparent lack of security measures (ie key fobs, RFID cards, etc.).

Do we have any leads on searches that have been conducted in the area, maybe towards the creek?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-10 at 9.00.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-10 at 9.00.57 PM.png
    899.2 KB · Views: 59

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members