PA PA - Janet Walsh 70, last seen @church, missed date w/daughter, veh missing, Shaler Twp, 20 Jan 2020

Richrd

Ten Year Member
Reaction score
- Shaler Township, Allegheny County,
Pennsylvania -

- Janet A. Walsh, 70 -
- Monday, 20 January 2020 -

Janet Ann Walsh
White / Female / 70 Years Old
5' 3" :: 170 Lbs.
Hazel Eyes
Blonde Hair

82796540_2850097095216890_2602360533352972288_n.jpg

janetwalshmissing.jpg

2018 Silver Chevrolet Trax LT*
PA Rear Plate KTW-6007
*Vehicle Identification Number may end in 713699*
(KL7CJPSBXJB713699)

Shaler Township,
Allegheny County is in South-Western, PA.
Day Two

1)) WTAE TV:
Shaler Township police searching for missing 70-year-old woman

2)) Google™ Supplements & Updates:
Janet Ann Walsh - Missing - PA - Google Search

3)) Find Janet Walsh Faebook™
https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=janet walsh&epa=SEARCH_BOX

*4)) Reg-to-VIN Cross-Reference*
via: Vehicle History Reports
via:
License Plate Number Lookup - SearchQuarry.com

5)) Pennsylvania Missing and Unidentified:
Pennsylvania Missing Persons

6)) Others Missing in Pennsylvania:
Missing Persons Discussion

Check-Back Package:

A)) (Lower) Municipal District Judge Court Docket:

B)) (Upper) Court of Common Pleas Docket:
C)) Philadelphia Municipal Court:
D)) State-by-State Incarceration: VINELinkS:
E)) NamUs:
National missing & Unidentified persons system:
Missing Persons Search

BOLO = [BOWL' low] = Be On the Look-Out
LE = Law Enforcement
MEPA = Missing Endangered Person Advisory
MSM = Main-Stream Media
PSP = Pennsylvania State Police
Reg = [REDGE'] = Registration Number - License Plate - Tag
SUV = Sport Utility Vehicle
VIN = [VINN'] = Vehicle Identification Number

Stock Photos of Possibly-Similar Sport Utility Vehicle:

4.jpg

5.jpg

Rear Plate - KTW-6007

Our Thanks to Those Providing On-Line,
Spiritual, and In-Person Support.

[Contribution # 7080
Thread # 498673]

Last edited:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 28, 2020
Sgt. Todd Dolfi
acpdmediacontact@alleghenycounty.us

On January 20, 2020 at approximately 8:30 pm, Shaler Police were dispatched to the 100 block of Dolores Drive for a missing person report. Once on scene, responding officers learned that 70-year-old Janet Walsh was supposed to meet her daughter for dinner but was not at home and did not contact her daughter. Shaler Police Department initiated an investigation.

Over the past week, the Shaler Police did an exhaustive search and investigation but had been unable to locate Walsh. On January 28, 2020 they requested the investigative assistance of the Allegheny County Police General Investigations Section. Detectives with the Allegheny County Police responded to the scene and initiated an investigation. Detectives learned that Walsh was last seen at church on Sunday, January 19, 2020.

Janet Walsh is described as a white female, 70 years of age, 5’3 with blonde hair and hazel eyes. Janet is not described as having any health issues.

Detectives are also looking for her vehicle which is described as a 2018 Silver Chevy Trax with PA Registration KTW6007. The vehicle has not been located at this time and not been seen since Sunday, January 19. Below is a stock picture of the vehicle in question.

Detectives are conducting a further investigation into the location of Janet Walsh and are working with the Shaler Police.

Anyone with information concerning this incident is asked to call the Allegheny County Police tip line at 1-833-ALL-TIPS (1-833-255-8477); callers can remain anonymous. The department can also be reached via its social media sites.
https://www.alleghenycounty.us/News/2020/Police-2020/6442469871.aspx

FEB 1, 2020
Community Holds Vigil For Missing 70-Year-Old Woman, Janet Walsh
[...]

There was a candlelight vigil for 70-year-old Janet Walsh who has been missing since January 19.

[...]

Walsh was not a church member but she did attend services often, Pastor Dan Smail, Bethlehem Evangelical Lutheran Church, told KDKA. Though she wasn’t an official member, her presence was cherished and she is missed.

People who know Janet said they want answers about her disappearance.

[...]

After the vigil, people went searching for those answers.

A search party organized by the Western Pennsylvania Search and Rescue Missing Persons Division canvased the neighborhood where Janet Walsh lived, looking for clues. The group consisted of roughly 25 people.

[...]

Walsh was last seen at Bethlehem Evangelical Lutheran.

[...]

FEB 1, 2020
Prayer vigil held for 70-year-old Shaler woman who disappeared weeks ago
  • Per her family, Janet’s husband passed away a few months ago but she was in better spirits and looking forward to starting volunteer work.
  • Her son-in-law said he and his wife had lunch with Janet on Jan 19. When they returned to her home on Jan. 20, she was gone, and they spent hours trying to get in contact with her.

Are the

Just wondering if there an exit 34, 35, 36 off the I-8

PA-8 aka Route 8 is a main road but not a "highway" like 28, 79, 376, the turnpike, etc. Lots of intersections and traffic lights but little in the way of exits. The only designated numbered exits in that neck of the woods I can think of (having lived and worked in the area) are the ramps to get on/off Route 28 (Exits 5A & 5B) in Etna (south of Shaler/Glenshaw) and PA Turnpike Exit #39 that enters/exits on the border of Hampton & Richland Twps (north of Shaler/Glenshaw).

PA-8 aka Route 8 is a main road but not a "highway" like 28, 79, 376, the turnpike, etc. Lots of intersections and traffic lights but little in the way of exits. The only designated numbered exits in that neck of the woods I can think of (having lived and worked in the area) are the ramps to get on/off Route 28 (Exits 5A & 5B) in Etna (south of Shaler/Glenshaw) and PA Turnpike Exit #39 that enters/exits on the border of Hampton & Richland Twps (north of Shaler/Glenshaw).

Thank you for the information. I appreciate your reply. I will look into the PA Turnpike Exit #39 ( Hampton and Richland Twps) there is a specific name of a business I'm looking for.

Last edited:
I know her family said she was in better spirits, but I can imagine losing your husband in the holiday season and trying to go on alone can become overwhelming at times. I'm assuming no financial transactions have been occurring on any of her accounts?

Janet is listed on NamUs:

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

There are no recent updates on either the Shaler Township Police Department or the Allegheny County Police Department Facebook pages:

Shaler Township Police Department (permalink)

Allegheny County Police Department (permalink)

Although the STPD did reply this to a comment under their post:

'"Author
Shaler Township Police Department [name removed by me], unfortunately there are no updates. There is no scheduled search party unless her vehicle would be located."
IMO, LE is waiting for Janet's vehicle to be found.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592
Back