PA PA - Janet Walsh 70, last seen @church, missed date w/daughter, veh missing, Shaler Twp, 20 Jan 2020

I think the lack of coverage after her initially disappearing and follow-up articles have subtly implied suicide, which the news has a policy of not covering. I'm so happy Janet is on the radar of AWP.

I didn't get a chance to watch the AWP video until the other day. I'm so sad that they did not find anything, especially in the Sharpsburg marina
I've been watching more of AWP's videos lately. One of the men stated in a video that a car can float for up to 10 minutes before sinking and if there's a current it can carry the car pretty far from the entry point.

With that being said, how far could have her car went if it went into the water at the Sharpsburg marina? Does the Allegheny River typically have a strong current? I hope AWP goes back to search again.

#BringJanethome

Last edited:
Here’s a zoomed in screenshot of the car (I believe). It appears to be in great condition and definitely not a silver Trax that disappeared with Janet.251154DC-B7FD-4E75-87F6-1915B70547CF.jpeg

Has anyone heard the news? Adventures With Purpose came back to Pittsburgh to look for Janet and another missing person (Bunny Lee) and found a body…no news yet on the circumstances.
PITTSBURGH —
The man whose body was found inside a vehicle that was recovered from the Allegheny River Saturday afternoon has been identified as Tod A. Diminno, 54, of Harmony, the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's office confirmed.

Tod Diminno's WS thread: PA - PA - Tod DiMinno, 54, Harmony Borough, 28 Sep 2022 *Endangered*

OCT 9, 2022
[...]

The pair zeroed in on two local missing persons cases here in Pittsburgh and have been using sonar technology in the Allegheny River in hopes to find clues.

"We were in the area working the 70-year-old Janet Walsh missing out of Shaler Township," Bishop said. "A little bit over a year ago as well as 78-year-old Bunny Lee who disappeared in 2013. Both having vehicles."

[...]

OCT 11, 2022
Searches for missing people resume today at Pittsburgh’s rivers, according to reports.

These search and recovery dive teams are working to close cold cases in the Pittsburgh area, CBS Pittsburgh reported. They started Tuesday morning at South Side Public Boat Launch followed by Monongahela and then Ohio River.

Two teams, Adventures With Purpose (AWP) and Chaos Divers, reportedly came to Pittsburgh to search for 70-year-old Janet Walsh, who went missing in 2020. ...

[...]

Bishop confirmed finding 100 cars in the Allegheny River with 60 of them cleared.

He believes these cases are related to organized crime, due to age and location. ...

[...]

Last edited:
OCT 12, 2022
[...]

Adventures with Purpose and another volunteer search and recovery dive team, Chaos Divers, were on the water for the seventh day in Pittsburgh. They deal in cold cases: searching waters across the country for lost vehicles and the people who disappeared with them. Over the weekend they helped recover a car with a missing Butler County man inside.

In the water, the process begins with the sonar.

Using what he describes as cutting edge Garmin sonar technology, Doug Bishop is able to scan the water and see on a digital display what is below. The vehicles stand out in the riverbed.

[...]

Divers with radios and cameras go down to the cars, trying to assess the make or model, whether it is from this decade or the last or the one before that, and looking for a license plate.

The air tanks will last them around 10 minutes or so, often enough time to assess whether the vehicle in question is among those they’re searching for.

Searchers were looking for two vehicles in particular: a silver 2018 Chevy Trax and a gray 2006 Mazda 626. Janet Walsh, 70, vanished from Shaler in January 2020 along with her SUV. Bunnie Lee, 78, disappeared from the city’s East End in 2013, possibly driving his Mazda, which has also never been found.

[...]

OCT 20, 2022
While searching for missing persons Janet Walsh and Bunni Lee, a special team of divers uncovered over 100 cars submerged in the Allegheny River.

[...]

How all of those cars got there is the current question, and the Pittsburgh Police Department and river rescue are now researching the VIN numbers, license plates, and make and model of each car. Finding these leads could possibly solve a large amount of cold cases regarding missing people.

[...]

Adventures With Purpose is a famous diving group originating from Oregon who dedicate their lives volunteering to help families find their lost loved ones. ...

[...]

The team has since remained in the city of Pittsburgh to continue to help discover and clear cars.

I didn't find anything new in these articles but it sure is good to see that Janet hasn't been forgotten.

JAN 20, 2023

I didn't find anything new in these articles but it sure is good to see that Janet hasn't been forgotten.

JAN 20, 2023

I'm so happy there are more efforts being made to find Janet. Hopefully this will be the year her case is resolved.

Thanks for sharing the articles!

Did some digging because the timeline was confusing me.
She was last seen (the vehicle) on Mt. Royal Rd. through a license plate reader coming home from the church according to a few sources which show the picture of her vehicle on that intersection camera, this one shows the time of it, that she was coming home, so heading south at 12:09 P.M. on the 19th. Then she was last physically seen around 7:30 P.M. when her daughter and son-in-law were at her house at 108 Dolores drive for dinner and they left around that time.

The next morning, Monday the 20th (8 a.m. according to this article) she last spoke to her daughter making plans to have dinner. She also called to cancel a doctors appointment because she wasn't feeling well (therapy according to police, not specified what kind) "The register from the doctor’s office indicated that she cancelled her appointment at around 10 a.m. She sounded congested and sick when she spoke with office staff, according to investigators."
Her daughter arrived at 5 P.M. and Janet and her car were gone, but her cell phone was there upstairs. The preparation for the meal was out according to police on this video.

The police mention possible depression in the news update video, someone asked about the cemetery where her husband was buried (St. Mary's) and they stated land searches were done. They stated the Allegheny River was a focus because of the On-star.

Does make me wonder if her vehicle could possibly have been missed even after all the searches. The main river was searched but what about parts like this harbor that cut inland? Although she went missing in the daylight, how did no one see.
janet.JPG
A few articles like this one state something I didn't notice before.
"Walsh’s vehicle was possibly seen Conneaut Lake area shortly after her disappearance, though this is not confirmed, according to police."
Not confirmed, almost 80 miles away... No license plate or onstar records. Would she have known how to disable the onstar? even then the license plate would have probably been detected if she headed north.

Last edited:
Did some digging because the timeline was confusing me.
She was last seen (the vehicle) on Mt. Royal Rd. through a license plate reader coming home from the church according to a few sources which show the picture of her vehicle on that intersection camera, this one shows the time of it, that she was coming home, so heading south at 12:09 P.M. on the 19th. Then she was last physically seen around 7:30 P.M. when her daughter and son-in-law were at her house at 108 Dolores drive for dinner and they left around that time.

The next morning, Monday the 20th (8 a.m. according to this article) she last spoke to her daughter making plans to have dinner. She also called to cancel a doctors appointment because she wasn't feeling well (therapy according to police, not specified what kind) "The register from the doctor’s office indicated that she cancelled her appointment at around 10 a.m. She sounded congested and sick when she spoke with office staff, according to investigators."
Her daughter arrived at 5 P.M. and Janet and her car were gone, but her cell phone was there upstairs. The preparation for the meal was out according to police on this video.

The police mention possible depression in the news update video, someone asked about the cemetery where her husband was buried (St. Mary's) and they stated land searches were done. They stated the Allegheny River was a focus because of the On-star.

Does make me wonder if her vehicle could possibly have been missed even after all the searches. The main river was searched but what about parts like this harbor that cut inland? Although she went missing in the daylight, how did no one see.
View attachment 469684
A few articles like this one state something I didn't notice before.
"Walsh’s vehicle was possibly seen Conneaut Lake area shortly after her disappearance, though this is not confirmed, according to police."
Not confirmed, almost 80 miles away... No license plate or onstar records. Would she have known how to disable the onstar? even then the license plate would have probably been detected if she headed north.
Very interesting.

In one of the multiple reports, the daughter and/or police stated that the preparations for dinner appeared to have started. Just thinking out loud, what if during those preparations, Janet found that she needed something for dinner? She was just going to make a quick run to the local store, so perhaps she didn't bother to grab her cellphone? It looks like the closest store is the Giant Eagle on Butler Plank Road, but the route doesn't take her near much water. There are multiple other Giant Eagles in the local area, but there is also a Walmart a little further North. Again, just thinking out loud here.

Last edited:
I apologize. I see now that my thought has already been brought up by multiple other individuals. I saw a thread where her license plate was caught on a reader on Mt Royal Road. Does anyone know which direction the car was traveling?

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592
Back