Found Deceased PA - Kaitlin Whoolery, 17, Uniontown, 23 Nov 2023

PunkRock

Novice Websleuth
Reaction score
image.jpgGD-j3UlWUAA-3bD.jpg

Uniontown City Police are seeking help in locating a 17-year-old girl who has been missing since November.

Kaitlin Whooley walked away from 140 Oakland Ave. on Nov. 23. She is 5’3″ and weighs about 115 pounds.

Whooley was last seen wearing a black hoodie, Crocs and jeans. She has a nose piercing and a black bead necklace that says “Blake.”

Anyone with information is asked to call the police department at 724-430-2939 or Fayette County 911. Any information provided is confidential.
Herald Standard Dec 30, 2023

ADDITIONAL RESOURCES :
NCMC : Have you seen this child? Kaitlin Whoolery
CBS NEWS : Uniontown police searching for missing 17-year-old Kaitlyn Whoolery

I've spent a fair amount of time going down rabbit holes, found a parent but that wasn't helpful at all. Is no one advocating for this child?

It's also not a good sign when you can't even find a link to the LEA charged with finding Kaitlin. If someone finds UPD, please post.

I've spent a fair amount of time going down rabbit holes, found a parent but that wasn't helpful at all. Is no one advocating for this child?

It's also not a good sign when you can't even find a link to the LEA charged with finding Kaitlin. If someone finds UPD, please post.

Anyone with information is asked to call the police department at 724-430-2939 or Fayette County 911. Any information provided is confidential.

Thank you @CCJD - my point is, in this digital age - why can't I find any online resources? We know how hesitant some are to come forward with information. Let alone CALL and speak directly with LE? In addition, the Herald is the only media outlet that has brought attention to Kaitlin. To me, that says there hasn't been much effort put into getting the information out there (no PIO, or someone who is tasked).

Small, local jurisdiction or not - the need is the same in terms of finding her.

Thank you @CCJD - my point is, in this digital age - why can't I find any online resources? We know how hesitant some are to come forward with information. Let alone CALL and speak directly with LE? In addition, the Herald is the only media outlet that has brought attention to Kaitlin. To me, that says there hasn't been much effort put into getting the information out there (no PIO, or someone who is tasked).

Small, local jurisdiction or not - the need is the same in terms of finding her.
I haven't heard anything mainstream about her being missing but there are a lot of different posts being shared on social media about her.

I haven't heard anything mainstream about her being missing but there are a lot of different posts being shared on social media about her.
That's actually exactly how I found out about this case—it was on a local "what's happening" FB page. Thought of you guys right away after seeing how long this case has been open for.

But it's strange; this girl being under 18 should've prompted at least SOMETHING, but I can't remember the last time I've gotten an Amber alert for the area.

That's actually exactly how I found out about this case—it was on a local "what's happening" FB page. Thought of you guys right away after seeing how long this case has been open for.

But it's strange; this girl being under 18 should've prompted at least SOMETHING, but I can't remember the last time I've gotten an Amber alert for the area.
I would certainly have expected more too.

rsbm

What is the activation criteria for AMBER Alert?​

Law enforcement and the media worked together to establish the activation criteria. The criteria were established so that the plan would only be used in appropriate cases. The media and the public must understand the time constraints law enforcement encounter when a child is reported missing.

In order for the Pennsylvania AMBER Alert Plan to be activated, law enforcement must be satisfied the following criteria have been met:

• The abducted child must be under eighteen (18) years of age
  • The abducted child is believed to be in imminent danger of death or serious bodily injury
  • Additional factors are considered in the decision making process as to whether or not to activate the PA AMBER Alert Plan. These factors include, but are not limited to: availability of descriptive information which could assist in the recovery of the child, time elapsed since the child was last seen, and reliability of witness(es).
The plan is limited to “abducted” children, and, therefore, excludes children believed to be runaways or thrownaways from home.

rsbm

What is the activation criteria for AMBER Alert?​

Law enforcement and the media worked together to establish the activation criteria. The criteria were established so that the plan would only be used in appropriate cases. The media and the public must understand the time constraints law enforcement encounter when a child is reported missing.

In order for the Pennsylvania AMBER Alert Plan to be activated, law enforcement must be satisfied the following criteria have been met:

• The abducted child must be under eighteen (18) years of age
  • The abducted child is believed to be in imminent danger of death or serious bodily injury
  • Additional factors are considered in the decision making process as to whether or not to activate the PA AMBER Alert Plan. These factors include, but are not limited to: availability of descriptive information which could assist in the recovery of the child, time elapsed since the child was last seen, and reliability of witness(es).
The plan is limited to “abducted” children, and, therefore, excludes children believed to be runaways or thrownaways from home.

Good to know—thanks!

I have been following this case since she went missing in November. He mom said she was last seen on Thanksgiving. Before Kaitlin went missing she was in Abraxas, a treatment facility for at risk youth.

I am glad someone finally provided a tip.

Human remains have been found in North Union Township, Fayette County, state police said Tuesday evening, after officers were alerted to information about a missing person.

Sky 4, Pittsburgh's only news helicopter, over the scene on Hogsett Lane saw several police cruisers and a house and yard surrounded by police tape.

In a release, troopers said the remains were found in the area of Washington Avenue and Hogsett Lane. A forensic anthropologist was expected to arrive on the scene Wednesday to assist in the examination of the remains.

"The body was located about 50 feet from the house in an area close to the creek," said Fayette County District Attorney Mike Aubele. "The skeleton was partially exposed, but based on the location, I don’t think anybody would’ve seen it unless they were back at that area."

Pittsburgh's Action News 4 on scene learned the site of the investigation is a private residence. A white canopy tent set up on the property, police confirmed, marked the area where the skeletal remains had been found.

Aubele said the house on the property was abandoned.

State police could not confirm whether they found any identifying clothing on the body or how long the remains had been there.

When asked about the nature of the tip, Aubele said he could not divulge details about the information they received. He did, however, tell reporters that the information they received on scene was "consistent" with the tip.

Pittsburgh's Action News 4 is aware that Uniontown Police had been investigating the disappearance of a girl in the area, but when asked about that potential connection, Aubele said he could not confirm anything because the remains had not yet been identified.

"... a tip from an inmate at the Fayette County Jail about a teenage girl missing since Thanksgiving led law enforcement to the scene."

May Dental Records provide a more rapid answer than DNA.

1713373220894.png

Last edited:
Identity confirmed :(

April 23, 2024

NORTH UNION TOWNSHIP, Pa. — Remains found in North Union Township have been identified as a missing 17-year-old girl.

Kaitlin Whoolery, 17, was last seen on Nov. 23 when she went for a walk and disappeared.

Trooper Kalee Barnhart, public information officer for state police in Uniontown, said Whoolery’s remains are currently at Mercyhurst University in Erie for analysis to assist with determining the cause and manner of her death.

Until that analysis is complete, Barnhart said, officials cannot determine if Whoolery’s death is criminal in nature.

Fayette County District Attorney Mike Aubele said determining the cause and manner of death would be a long process.

f061c445-518f-4524-bd49-b69e00ab901c.jpg

"We're just in shock," said Shannon Harden. "We still don't even want to believe that it's her."

Harden is Whoolery's cousin. She said when the 17-year-old went missing in November, they expected she would return not long after.

"We thought she was coming home. We thought she just ran away or, you know, we didn't think the worst. We thought she was going to come home. We had hope. We posted posters. We looked for her constantly," said Harden.

Harden said a tip led investigators to an abandoned home near Washington Avenue and Hogsett Lane in North Union Township, Fayette County.

Investigators said they found bones near the home that day, but it took eight days to identify the remains as Kaitlin Whoolery.

"It's just truly heartbreaking and now my family is suffering. She was so young, she had such a whole life to live. She was 17. Her birthday's Aug. 3," said Harden. "We loved her. She was someone's daughter. She was someone's niece, someone's cousin, and it's just so hard
'Truly heartbreaking': Local family searches for answers after missing Uniontown teen confirmed dead :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LLawliet0
Back