PA PA - Kathleen Mohn, 48, King of Prussia, 3 Dec 1999

pennylane3339

Reaction score
Sorry- I have never heard of or used this website and have 0 idea as to what I am supposed to do here...?

Kathleen Mohn
Missing since 12/3/99
48 at time of disappearance
5'3''
120lbs
Short dirty blonde hair
From Gulph Mills, PA
Car found in Levittown, PA
The only suspect is her husband, Tom

The only available publication (most have been purged due to age) is the recent episode of The Vanished Podcast
EPISODE 153: Kathleen Mohn

Attachments

• aunt kathy.jpeg
    aunt kathy.jpeg
    11.1 KB · Views: 14
Lots of info in the Charley Project listing:

Kathleen was last seen at her home in the Gulph Mills section of Upper Merion Township, Pennsylvania on December 3, 1999. She planned to spend the weekend with her boyfriend, Robert Linder, in Levittown, Pennsylvania; she'd spent most weekends with him for several months.

She almost canceled her plans because she had Christmas presents to wrap, but she ultimately decided to go and take the presents with her. She never arrived in Levittown and has never been heard from again.

Kathleen and her husband, Dr. Thomas Mohn, had been married for twenty years by the time she vanished. Though they still lived in the same house, they were estranged and both were seeing other people.

Kathleen had consulted an attorney about a possible divorce and learned she was entitled to thousands of dollars in monthly support payments and 65% of Thomas's dental practice. She worked at his dental office as an X-ray technician.

Thomas reported Kathleen missing after Linder called to ask why she hadn't arrived. He said his wife had left the house at 9:00 p.m. and he never saw her again.

Two weeks before Christmas, he brought wrapped Christmas presents for Kathleen's family to her father in Delaware, saying he was giving them to him because he didn't know when Kathleen would return.

A security video at the Bristol exit of the Pennsylvania Turnpike shows Kathleen's green 1993 Ford Explorer SUV with the Pennsylvania license plate number WR35703 exiting the turnpike at 9:54 a.m. on December 4.

The tape shows a blonde woman leaning against the passenger side window. The driver of the Explorer isn't visible, except for one arm. This was the last trace of Kathleen.

Kathleen's car was found on December 13th in the parking lot of a now-defunct Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurant at Route 13 and Levittown Parkway in Tullytown, Pennsylvania. A restaurant employee said the vehicle had been there since at least December 5.

Kathleen's eyeglasses, purse, cigarettes and prescription medication were inside her car, but her wallet was missing and so were the Christmas presents she'd planned to bring to Levittown. The vehicle was very clean, and Kathleen's car was normally dirty with cigarette ashes and other debris scattered everywhere.

The driver's seat was pushed back to accommodate someone much taller than Kathleen. There were several air fresheners inside the car, and Kathleen never used air freshener. A cadaver dog indicated the scent of human remains in the passenger compartment of the SUV.

Linder has been cleared of involvement in Kathleen's case, but investigators consider Thomas a strong suspect.

Stains similar to blood were found on a wall at the Mohn residence, and a dirty shovel and soiled clothing were in the outdoor shed. Thomas hasn't cooperated with the police in the investigation, but he hasn't faced any charges in connection with his missing wife and he maintains his innocence.

Foul play is suspected in Kathleen's case, which remains unsolved.

Kathleen Ann Mohn – The Charley Project

Quoting a 2011 newspaper article:

Kathleen Mohn disappeared 10 years ago this month. She still hasn’t come home. And detectives say Thomas Mohn still hasn’t cooperated in their search for his wife.

He has never called Upper Merion police to ask about the investigation - which remains active - Detective Rick Gehman said last week.

“His lack of concern - his failure to inquire regarding the investigation - is somewhat suspicious,” Gehman said. “Would we like to talk to him? Absolutely, we would.”

But on Tuesday evening, Thomas Mohn said he isn’t talking because he “has nothing to add″ to the investigation into his wife’s disappearance.

<snip>

Kathleen’s brother, Frank Maykut Jr., said he doesn’t remember how she and her husband met. He said their marriage started out well. But they were very different people, he said. Kathleen was very social. Thomas wasn’t.

Almost every week she would visit her father, her brother and his daughters in Delaware - without her husband, Maykut said. The couple was married for more than 20 years.

Kathleen Mohn (Tullytown 1999)

Just listened to the podcast. So heartbreaking that there are still no answers. When I heard (and read) the part about the security video showing a blonde woman leaning against the car window my first thought jumped to Thomas being a dentist and his possible access to medications that would sedate someone.

I’m also wondering what is off the Bristol exit. I live almost directly across from Bristol PA in NJ but I’m not sure where exactly the exit mentioned leads to. Bristol is situated right along the Delaware River, I’m wondering if police searched along the River coastline back then.

The red arrow pointing to the small light yellow mark is where Route 13 and Levittown Parkway intersect, so I believe it is where the car was found. What happened between the Bristol exit and where car was found in Tullytown? Was the car left in that location close to the boyfriend’s town of residence to try to put the blame on him? Or just easy access to the train station which appears to be across the street in Tullytown? Wonder if police were able to look at surveillance footage in that area back then if there was any .

Attachments

• 909EC956-D106-4756-BB73-23B83810DA77.jpeg
    909EC956-D106-4756-BB73-23B83810DA77.jpeg
    110.8 KB · Views: 13
I’m also wondering what is off the Bristol exit. I live almost directly across from Bristol PA in NJ but I’m not sure where exactly the exit mentioned leads to. Bristol is situated right along the Delaware River, I’m wondering if police searched along the River coastline back then.
I know this area well. I live in bucks county pa. they have recently changed the exits off the turnpike there. I believe she was already dead when she was seen on that footage. Once you get off at 13 and jump on 14 it is a straight shot to KFC but that’s a busy corner. So dec 4th in the morning there would have been too many people to just leave her there and go. There is a Dunkin’ Donuts right next to KFC so it would have been busy then.
There are so many places she could have been brought to be disposed of. There are quarries and the river and lots of heavy dense woods
I believe he car was left here in levittown to throw suspicion to boyfriend. it looks like he may have lived on Haines road which is cross road for Rt 13.
It’s completely unlikely that it was random foul play since her car went exactly where it would have if she was heading to boyfriend’s house.
I wish they would reopen and retest evidence. I think this would be an easy cashier case to solve now.

King of Prussia?

I‘m not sure what your question is, but here’s an answer…:)

The community took its unusual name in the 18th century from a local tavern named the King of Prussia Inn, which was named after King Frederick the Great of Prussia. Like the rest of Montgomery County, King of Prussia continues to experience rapid development.[when?] King of Prussia mall, the nation's fifth-largest shopping mall as of 2023, is located in King of Prussia. Also located here is the headquarters of the Nuclear Regulatory Commission Region I and the headquarters of American Baptist Churches USA, a major Christian denomination in the U.S.

King of Prussia is considered to be an edge city of Philadelphia, consisting of large amounts of retail and office space situated at the convergence of four highways.

• kathleen_ann_mohn_1.jpg
  • kathleen_ann_mohn_2.jpg
  • kathleen_ann_mohn_3.jpg
Kathleen, circa 1999

updated Aug 11, 2011

:oops: <<A few days later, Kathleen's Ford Explorer was discovered in the parking lot of a KFC in Tullytown. Police found seven air fresheners inside. The truck was uncharacteristically clean. A cadaver dog reacted excitedly to the smell of the passenger seat.>>

<<The vehicle was "immaculate," there wasn't even an ash in the ashtray, police said. That wasn't the way Kathleen kept it, police said. Also out of character were the five pine tree car fresheners and a Glade stick that scented the interior.>>

<<About a week before she vanished, Kathleen told relatives her husband had "got down on his hands and knees and said, ‘Kathy, don't do that. You'll bankrupt me,' " her father, Frank Maykut Sr., 82, told the Associated Press in 2002.>>

I‘m not sure what your question is, but here’s an answer…:)

The community took its unusual name in the 18th century from a local tavern named the King of Prussia Inn, which was named after King Frederick the Great of Prussia. Like the rest of Montgomery County, King of Prussia continues to experience rapid development.[when?] King of Prussia mall, the nation's fifth-largest shopping mall as of 2023, is located in King of Prussia. Also located here is the headquarters of the Nuclear Regulatory Commission Region I and the headquarters of American Baptist Churches USA, a major Christian denomination in the U.S.

King of Prussia is considered to be an edge city of Philadelphia, consisting of large amounts of retail and office space situated at the convergence of four highways.
Locals like me often abbreviate it as KOP, and pronounce it as "Kingaprusha.";)

As a Scottish person, I'm unfamiliar with American divorce proceedings , so can someone please tell me how on earth can a wife be entitled to 65% of her husband's business? Unless she put up some money to begin with I guess.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chaucer
Back