PA - LaToyia Figueroa, 24, pregnant, Philadelphia, 18 July 2005

I can't find anything, either. However, something has just occurred to me. Her ex-boyfriend (or whatever he is ) said that they went to the doctor's office but had to leave because they didn't have the $35.00 co-pay. LE is saying that her cell phone and credit card(s) haven't been used since she has been missing. If she had a credit card, wouldn't she have used that to pay the co-pay? :confused:

That's a really good observation about using the credit card for a co-pay.

I got the impression that she wanted the father to pay the 35 bucks, and he wouldn't do it, and so that's why they left.

I hate to KEEP SAYING THIS, but I'm still curious about whether she had an appointment for real or not.

KatherineQ said:
That's a really good observation about using the credit card for a co-pay.

I got the impression that she wanted the father to pay the 35 bucks, and he wouldn't do it, and so that's why they left.

I hate to KEEP SAYING THIS, but I'm still curious about whether she had an appointment for real or not.
I, too, wonder whether or not there really was an appointment. We have read about the places that LE and others have searched. We have not, however, heard anything about the appointment being verified. I really can't imagine that they left because he refused to pay for it. If that were the case, wouldn't she have been angry with him - like too angry to go to lunch and back to his apartment with him?

jannuncutt said:
I can't find anything, either. However, something has just occurred to me. Her ex-boyfriend (or whatever he is ) said that they went to the doctor's office but had to leave because they didn't have the $35.00 co-pay. LE is saying that her cell phone and credit card(s) haven't been used since she has been missing. If she had a credit card, wouldn't she have used that to pay the co-pay? :confused:

Maybe her cards were maxxed out? I feel rude saying this though.

Marisa714 said:
Maybe her cards were maxxed out? I feel rude saying this though.
LOL..................you are not being rude. If they did, in fact, go to the doctor's appointment and had to leave because they didn't have the $35.00, maybe the cards were maxed out. However, LE keeps making it a point to mention that her cards haven't been used. Since they are aware of that information, wouldn't they also know whether or not they were maxed out? IMO if they were maxed out, I don't think that LE would keep checking for activity.

jannuncutt said:
LOL..................you are not being rude. If they did, in fact, go to the doctor's appointment and had to leave because they didn't have the $35.00, maybe the cards were maxed out. However, LE keeps making it a point to mention that her cards haven't been used. Since they are aware of that information, wouldn't they also know whether or not they were maxed out? IMO if they were maxed out, I don't think that LE would keep checking for activity.

I would assume they would know if they were maxed out or not. I would think they would check for activity even if the cards were maxed out b/c people often try to use the card even when it is, activity could also mean rejections/attempts...or maybe she was just really close to her limit, like had around 20$ credit available? They could also be checking in case they were stolen, and someone wouldn't know what is available or not...if it was stolen they probably would have used it right away though and stopped using it by now, IMO. So my point is, I think LE would check her activity whether they were maxed out or not. Maybe they wouldn't though. Whatever theyre doing I hope they find her!!!!! :)

I think they need to get the father of the baby and his girlfriend and take them out somewhere and interrogate them the old fashioned way. That creep hasn't even helped search for Latoyia. The news says there is no news. She has to be somewhere. I wonder if the creep or his girlfriend have cars. They had to have transported her body somewhere. If she were still alive she would have contacted her dad or a friend or someone. The family says that she would never just take off and leave her little girl...poor little thing..at 7 yrs old she must be so upset. I wonder what they have told her. A horrible situation. I hope they find Latoyia soon one way or the other.

The attorney for the father of the baby indicated that his home and auto were searched and he has been cooperative with LE. I'm assuming this is true because attorneys wouldn't lie or misinform the public.:innocent:

I'm just not understanding how this young mother can disappear (or be murdered) without a trace? Someone had to have seen something!

A decomposing female body has just been found in Brewerytown section of Philadelphia. :( It's on the local news here, no article on any of their sites yet. No other details.

http://kyw.com/news/local_story_228180706.html

Female Body Found

Aug 16, 2005 6:03 pm US/Eastern
PHILADELPHIA
(KYW) Philadelphia Police discovered the body of a decomposing body in an empty lot in the Brewerytown section of the city Tuesday evening.

Officials discovered the badly decomposed body of a female face down in a vacant lot near 31st and Jefferson.

Authorities say they were attempting to serve an arrest warrant in the area, but noticed the smell of the decomposing body.

Police say the body appears to be that of a light skinned African American female with short cropped hair. Officials say, based on the physical description, it does not appear to be 24-year-old Latoyia Figueroa who has been missing for four weeks.

Investigators say they will not be able to determine the identity of the body until an autopsy is performed.

http://kyw.com/Local News/local_story_230144954.html

Aug 18, 2005 6:15 pm US/Eastern
PHILADELPHIA (KYW) Family and friends continued to search on Thursday for a pregnant mother who has been missing for a month.

Latoyia Figueroa was last seen on July 18th while walking near 59th Street and Walton Avenue in Philadelphia.

The first search will take place at Mount Moriah Cemetery in Philadelphia. Local community activist Paul “Earthquake” Moore will lead this search along with a group of concerned men from the area.

Jenn said:
Any updates? Anything good on Greta's show?

I didn't see the show but the following is from Greta's blog. Anyone who saw the show, can you tell us if there was anything new? :(

fran

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,166093,00.html

By the time you read this, we will be "on the road" — but thankfully, not by air... really "on the road." I am "over" sitting on orange plastic chairs at a gate waiting for my flight to be called. So it is with great pleasure that I jump in a car with my colleagues and head to Philly!

Washington, D.C. is not that far from Philly — about 130 miles — but we are likely to run into traffic outside D.C., outside Baltimore and outside Philadelphia. And, if we are real lucky, we will hit that same traffic in reverse — Philly, Baltimore and Washington, D.C. — on our way back.

Why Philly? As you know and as I have written before, it is easier to understand and report on stories if you get a first hand view of the scene. When I tried cases when I practiced law, I always went to the scene of the incidents to better understand and to better communicate to the jury. Of course one can report on a story without going to the scene but if I can go, even with hours of travel, I would prefer to do so.

The story that has grabbed our attention is that of a missing pregnant woman — LaToyia Figueroa (search). We reported on her weeks ago when she disappeared, but there's still no sign of her and it is hard to understand how a pregnant woman vanishes into thin air. As you may know, murder is one of the leading causes of death of pregnant women so of course our level of optimism for her is growing dimmer and dimmer as the weeks pass. But, maybe we will get lucky. Who would have guessed that Elizabeth Smart (search) would return alive and healthy? LaToyia is now six months pregnant and leaves behind another child (which is another reason why murder seems to be the cause of her disappearance.)

In the month since Latoyia Figueroa vanished, loved ones have tried to shield her 7-year-old daughter, keeping her busy with trips and movies. But when summer vacation ends and the girl returns to school, she will face the inevitable question from classmates: "What happened to your mom?"

Family members would give anything to know the answer.

"If her mother is not found before she starts school, we are going to have to talk to her about how to respond," said Stephanie Stephenson, a relative who helped raise Figueroa.
http://www.duluthsuperior.com/mld/duluthsuperior/news/nation/12419517.htm

I think about her all the time. I hope she is found SOON!! We have too many missing people in this country (and abroad).

Early reports out of Philly say they have found the remains of Latoyia in Chester, PA. They have a man in custody, no arrest has been made. Press conference at 10am.

http://www.missingabducted.com/

FoxNews, www.Philly.com (may need subscription) and www.missingabducted.com are all following this. Police have a press conference scheduled for 10am to say why they believe they have found her, and what/who led them to the remains. They have a man in custody that has not yet been charged.

Thanks for posting absolut....I didn't realize I was watching live breaking news and just thought it was from earlier tonight. If it is her I'm glad she's been found but outraged at the circumstances......

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deluhg01
Back