PA PA - Lauren Pico Jackson, 5, Spring City, 4 Oct 1988

Your podcast is great!! you are bringing attention to a case where a child vanished and still after 30+ years has not been found..
Thank you so much! That really means a lot. Some people don’t like our language or pick things a part, but I don’t do it for them, I do it for these victims that deserve justice as much as today’s victims do.

Your podcast is great!! you are bringing attention to a case where a child vanished and still after 30+ years has not been found..
Thank you so much! That really means a lot. Some people don’t like our language or pick things a part, but I don’t do it for them, I do it for these victims that deserve justice as much as today’s victims do.
Excellent podcast Tracker; well done! I was impressed by the overall quality of the podcast; they do a great job.

As per our posts back and forth many posts ago, I believe strongly she is indeed likely to be buried on Pennhurst ground, along with many, many other little souls. Many others. That is just my amateur opinion and speculation.

BTW, you sound like Jimmy Stewart. : )

Thank you for the positive feedback! And I agree, his interview voice is stellar!

Jimmy Stewart? That's a first... I usually don't like the sound of my own voice.

"Oh, I think I'll stick around. Y'know, I had a friend once used to collect postage stamps. He always said the one good thing about a postage stamp: it always sticks to one thing til it get there, y'know? I'm sorta like that too." - Jimmy Stewart in Destry Rides Again

Jimmy Stewart? That's a first... I usually don't like the sound of my own voice.

"Oh, I think I'll stick around. Y'know, I had a friend once used to collect postage stamps. He always said the one good thing about a postage stamp: it always sticks to one thing til it get there, y'know? I'm sorta like that too." - Jimmy Stewart in Destry Rides Again
Well there you go - I knew it! : )
Your dedication to Lauren and justice is fodder for a book. I'd write it, but I have no skill there. Let's just make sure we get to the ending.
I sure do think she is on Pennhurst grounds.
The only hesitation I have is the new info I heard from the podcast; an older couple smiling away at you. Seems very odd under the circumstances.
Who were they? Why were they there? What happened to them - where did the come from and where did they go after that sighting?

Amateur opinion and speculation

It seems that the township (possibly at the urging of the State) is rather aggressive about not letting anyone poke around that portion of the property. What would be a game changer would be searching the entire area with GPS (Ground Penetrating Radar). That most likely would show any additional graves that are not marked. This would be an idea project for the FBI's forensics division. I think there are individuals that are more worried about keeping secrets than solving this case, possibly because of potential liability. The only memory I have from the time, other than they were smiling and appeared to be somewhere in their 70's to 80's, was that one of the police officers said they were grandparents.

@CatsNTats What a great podcast on Lauren! It's was also nice to hear @Trackergd voice and what people really think happened to her. I think she could still be alive somewhere. I hope one day you or the FBI can track down Diana and find out what she really knows about Lauren's disappearance. I also hope the FBI follows up n the leads that you have sent them.

This is probably the best shot in the last 30+ years of solving this case. I have my fingers crossed that the PI and FBI get to the bottom of this case.
Tracker-your dedication is truly inspirational. Thank you for all of your efforts and I pray that they pay off for Lauren’s sake. I live in Spring City and adore my surrounding neighbors. I live not far from the Vincent Motel but we all do our best to try to send people the “back way” to avoid seeing the eyesore. In fact, we noticed today that it looks like it was shut down. And it’s inhabitants sadly made to move. Which is what started my journey questioning what happened there and led me to rediscovering Lauren’s story. I vaguely remember hearing of this when I was younger as I am a few years older than she would be. But I do remember Pennhurst being closed down and hearing sad stories from there. I had family members who worked there who just talked about how unbelievably sad it was to be there from the things they saw from other workers to the way patients were dumped there by their families. Horrifying all around. I think I know of the cemetery you’re talking about, too. I honestly hate even driving near Pennhurst as it gives me the heebyjeebies. My friend is friends with an officer on the East Vincent police department. I’m curious to see if I can get her to pick his brain. He’s younger but perhaps he could be of some help?

Tracker-your dedication is truly inspirational. Thank you for all of your efforts and I pray that they pay off for Lauren’s sake. I live in Spring City and adore my surrounding neighbors. I live not far from the Vincent Motel but we all do our best to try to send people the “back way” to avoid seeing the eyesore. In fact, we noticed today that it looks like it was shut down. And it’s inhabitants sadly made to move. Which is what started my journey questioning what happened there and led me to rediscovering Lauren’s story. I vaguely remember hearing of this when I was younger as I am a few years older than she would be. But I do remember Pennhurst being closed down and hearing sad stories from there. I had family members who worked there who just talked about how unbelievably sad it was to be there from the things they saw from other workers to the way patients were dumped there by their families. Horrifying all around. I think I know of the cemetery you’re talking about, too. I honestly hate even driving near Pennhurst as it gives me the heebyjeebies. My friend is friends with an officer on the East Vincent police department. I’m curious to see if I can get her to pick his brain. He’s younger but perhaps he could be of some help?
Welcome to WS! Great to have you here. Yes, Tracker is amazing.
Can you take a couple pictures of the Vincent Motel and the street leading up to it and post them here? I'd love to see it. If you have time, no rush.
Thank you if possible - if too much of a lift, no worries.

Lauren Maria Pico Jackson – The Charley Project

Last updated December 19, 2020; distinguishing characteristics and medical conditions updated.

• Medical Conditions
    •has a club foot and needs to wear orthopedic shoes as a result. She also has hip dysplasia.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics
    White female. Brown hair, brown/hazel eyes. Lauren has two small surgical scars on her lower abdomen from a double hernia operation, and surgical scars on the roof of her mouth from an operation to repair a cleft palate. She is club footed and one foot may be slightly larger than the other as a result, and she has hip dysplasia.

There was a new podcast on Lauren’s disappearance “keystone cold case”

Did they release it yet? I just looked on Apple Podcasts and the last one was April 2nd - Lynne Stansfield and Dale Wolf
Yea I listened to it... has anyone came across any new leads in Lauren’s disappearance??

Have have not heard anything recently. Another podcast contacted me but I have been really tied up with both a vertigo and balance health condition as well as training other folks to take over for me at year end.

Have have not heard anything recently. Another podcast contacted me but I have been really tied up with both a vertigo and balance health condition as well as training other folks to take over for me at year end.
I wish you well and I know you gave your everything to help with Lauren’s case. Hopefully with all the new dna technology we will get to know what really happened to little Lauren.

It's good to hear that podcasters and other inquisitive souls are keeping Lauren's story warm. Hard to believe more than a generation has passed since she disappeared, and you and others who have been with the case from the start are now passing the torch on to a fresh group of SAR people who may not even have been born when she vanished.

I empathize on the vertigo/balance issue. I've been struggling with something similar for going on three months now. It's beyond the point of being unnerving or feeling clumsy, it is just flat-out frustrating to feel that one cannot be safely mobile, or hands-on with tasks that require motor control. I hope you get lasting relief soon!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuznFinder
Back