PA PA - Louis Mackerley, 7, Allentown, 7 June 1984

This little boy's disappearance has always made me really sad. I wish the authorities would figure out what happened to him, or if they think they already know, get some evidence to arrest someone. I know it's been a very long time and finding evidence is unlikely, but I can still hope...

http://www.wfmz.com/news/news-regio...still-open-for-missing-allentown-boy/26396328

"ALLENTOWN, Pa. - This weekend marked exactly 30 years since a young boy's disappearance thrust Allentown into the national spotlight. The victim's family still holds out hope that he's alive, and is still upset with how police initially handled the case.

<snip>

A witness reported seeing the boy along Jordan Creek, along with an unidentified man and woman. Just six months earlier, Louis Mackerley reported that a couple molested him. Police could never identify a suspect. "He was told that if the cops found out that he was going to disappear," said Harold. "So the cops came down and started asking everybody a bunch of questions, and lo and behold, Louis disappeared." "

I wonder if the times of the sightings were mistaken, but both sightings might have been vaild. I wonder if those two boys may have been trying to get Louis to bring him to the couple, who may have been grooming all three boys.

Regardless, I believe the fact that the Charley Project page says Louis had two odd-shaped circular burn scars on his chest is why they focused on his parents at first, plus the reports of child abuse that came into them around the time.

But I also believe the key is with the couple who abused him. Absolutely convinced. I pray he is found.

This is in regards to the the story he told about being ,olested: in any of the files, does he describe what the inside of the apartment looked like? What kind of car he was transported in or did he walk with them to the apartment? I saw tis story today on my FB page and came here to read up on it. I don't think he is deceased. I think with him being so friendly and cute and outgoing that he was taken by someone that wanted a child. I just hope that now that he is older, he may stumble upon a missing person page and see a picture of himself.

I have always felt they should try to find out who the couple was he said molested him.

Also who were the boys chasing him and why were they chasing him?

Have they or will they now get cadaver dogs to check all around this creek area?

From the article.

A witness reported seeing the boy along Jordan Creek, along with an unidentified man and woman. Just six months earlier, Louis Mackerley reported that a couple molested him. Police could never identify a suspect. "He was told that if the cops found out that he was going to disappear," said Harold. "So the cops came down and started asking everybody a bunch of questions, and lo and behold, Louis disappeared." "

Like Ms.Suzanne, I'd like to know who were the boys that he was hiding from-and if any of them ever got into trouble later for physical violence. He certainly seemed to be a boy who wasn't getting enough positive attention, if there were older kids chasing him, and if there might have been an opportunity for him to have been molested. I am picturing a sad, lonely little boy

Like Ms.Suzanne, I'd like to know who were the boys that he was hiding from-and if any of them ever got into trouble later for physical violence. He certainly seemed to be a boy who wasn't getting enough positive attention, if there were older kids chasing him, and if there might have been an opportunity for him to have been molested. I am picturing a sad, lonely little boy

Bumping this up for Louis. He reminds me so much of the little boy in the film Sixth Sense in that picture. I have a seven yr old boy myself and just can't imagine losing him, someone, somewhere after all these years must have a clue? I don't feel this was a random abduction at all. Maybe a way to keep him quiet given the abusing couple scenario.

There is a sicko named Frank Wyant that may be a suspect. He lived in Allentown (don't know where) and was arrested in 1989 and 2010 for child *advertiser censored* charges. He is currently in prison. Does anyone know a way to find out where he lived in 84?

There is a sicko named Frank Wyant that may be a suspect. He lived in Allentown (don't know where) and was arrested in 1989 and 2010 for child *advertiser censored* charges. He is currently in prison. Does anyone know a way to find out where he lived in 84?

Hi Bethann,
I've been popping in to read this thread now again over time and I want to commend you for taking an interest in this sweet boy's case. It's nice to see someone finally giving him a voice!

I am a native to Louis's hometown, and am familiar with the area he disappeared from, and I was close to him in age at the time he disappeared and remember this case well.

I wanted to ask, is there something specific that makes Frank Wyant a possible suspect? I looked up his court records via the ujsportal website and only found the cases you listed.

A few random thoughts and memories....

The area he disappeared from and lived in is very blighted. It is completely overrun with drugs, crime, and gangs. One of the worst areas in the city. Back in the 80's, it was slightly better, as today we have so many NYC implants that have moved here that it went downhill fast. But even back then there was extreme poverty, drugs, and crime in that area. A lot of homeless too.

There was a state mental institution that was closed near the time Louis disappeared. While I am in no way blaming any patients, this may be worth noting. My mother worked at this institution in the 60's and early 70's. many of these patients were violent. In the 80's the government began ceasing funding for these hospitals, and as a result many patients were released. They were literally just sent off with no program or assistance in place. I remember driving down Hamilton Street with my mother as a child, and there would be homeless people camped out here and there. She would recognize several of them as former patients of the State Hospital, and in fact many of them were still wearing the uniform green pants that the hospital clothed them in! So around that time frame, many violent, mentally ill people were released on the city, some of them predators, some of them having committed sexual assaults previously. Just one possible alternative.

Also, with this Wyant man. There is/ has been another child predator in the Allentown area. He was convicted of child rape in the 70's, so may have been in jail at the time of Louis's disappearance, but I'm not sure. Here's a recent news article about this very special snowflake:

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/allentown/index.ssf/2014/12/man_73_stalked_boy_13_over_pas.html

There's a few more recent articles about him, he's currently in prison.

I'm not sure how to figure out if Wyant was in the area at the time, without either having Law Enforcement or a P.I. involved. None of the records during that time would have been online now. Maybe old tax returns?

Hi Bethann,
I've been popping in to read this thread now again over time and I want to commend you for taking an interest in this sweet boy's case. It's nice to see someone finally giving him a voice!

I am a native to Louis's hometown, and am familiar with the area he disappeared from, and I was close to him in age at the time he disappeared and remember this case well.

I wanted to ask, is there something specific that makes Frank Wyant a possible suspect? I looked up his court records via the ujsportal website and only found the cases you listed.

A few random thoughts and memories....

The area he disappeared from and lived in is very blighted. It is completely overrun with drugs, crime, and gangs. One of the worst areas in the city. Back in the 80's, it was slightly better, as today we have so many NYC implants that have moved here that it went downhill fast. But even back then there was extreme poverty, drugs, and crime in that area. A lot of homeless too.

There was a state mental institution that was closed near the time Louis disappeared. While I am in no way blaming any patients, this may be worth noting. My mother worked at this institution in the 60's and early 70's. many of these patients were violent. In the 80's the government began ceasing funding for these hospitals, and as a result many patients were released. They were literally just sent off with no program or assistance in place. I remember driving down Hamilton Street with my mother as a child, and there would be homeless people camped out here and there. She would recognize several of them as former patients of the State Hospital, and in fact many of them were still wearing the uniform green pants that the hospital clothed them in! So around that time frame, many violent, mentally ill people were released on the city, some of them predators, some of them having committed sexual assaults previously. Just one possible alternative.

Also, with this Wyant man. There is/ has been another child predator in the Allentown area. He was convicted of child rape in the 70's, so may have been in jail at the time of Louis's disappearance, but I'm not sure. Here's a recent news article about this very special snowflake:

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/allentown/index.ssf/2014/12/man_73_stalked_boy_13_over_pas.html

There's a few more recent articles about him, he's currently in prison.

I'm not sure how to figure out if Wyant was in the area at the time, without either having Law Enforcement or a P.I. involved. None of the records during that time would have been online now. Maybe old tax returns?

Thank you for your response.
Louis stated that someone named Frank had molested him. I just checked current inmates named Frank and found Frank Wyant. The child *advertiser censored* charges stem from a fire that broke out in his home. When the fire department came to put it out they discovered the *advertiser censored*. The home is located less than three miles from where Louis lived on Chew St. But I don't know how long Frank has lived in that home?
I will be calling this tip into the Police just in case.
Thanks for the info you shared. Very interesting!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ceishen637
Back