Found Deceased PA - Paul Kochu, 22, Allegheny County, 17 Dec 2014 - #2

Sorry-- just posed the other news links I read. They didn't mention any specifics but I guess are thinking it might be him.

This is absolutely tearing my heart apart. I so want Paul's brokenhearted family to find him and be able to put him to rest and have the closure they so deserve, yet I don't want to see it be Paul. I cannot even begin to imagine...
--- I feel the same about this too!! I feel confused. I want it to be him, but yet I don't.

Sorry-- just posed the other news links I read. They didn't mention any specifics but I guess are thinking it might be him.

--- I feel the same about this too!! I feel confused. I want it to be him, but yet I don't.

Either way, it's someones loved one. My prayers are with all the families of the missing.

Darn it...the link I posted a little earlier now requires subscription to read.

I found this one:

http://www.morningjournalnews.com/p...-man-s-body-found-in-Ohio-River.html?nav=5006

The reporting is confusing. As I read it, the first body has tattoos. That's the second discovery that is going to Charleston for autopsy. The first body, they don't say anything much about except that it was without clothes. They don't have an id, but they didn't say it was going to Charleston. I'm confused.

Oh man. I'm praying, but I don't know for what. I don't want Paul to be deceased but if he is, I hope that this is him do his family can bring him home. Does that make sense?
At any rate, my thought are with his family and friends at what must be a gut-wrenching time.

I wonder if there was something about the body that they thought it might be Paul. Maybe height?
It's interesting that the news has a banner in Blue that states: "Developing> Paul Kochu's family waiting on ID of body pulled from river."
Plus the article.
http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/family-missing-agh-nurse-awaits-id-body-pulled-ohi/nkcwZ/
It sounds like it could be Paul, to me, just from that standpoint. I could be wrong, of course, but that's pretty big news,
so I wonder if it is Paul?
My thoughts go out to Paul's family either way, and if it isn't Paul, then my thoughts go out to that person's family.
This person's family needs closure, and a proper burial for whoever this is.
God Bless!
IMOO.

ETA:
Interesting, now the blue banner is Gone from the link I posted...hmmm...

Sounds like they are just waiting on confirmation...

Yeah, sadly it does sound like they're pretty sure. :( Though sometimes they're wrong -- they might be checking him first as the most likely, and then if it's not him, moving on to check others.

If they are testing DNA, does anyone know the approximate time frame these days for processing?

A young man fell into the Yough river a Ohiopyle last week,the Yough runs down to W. Va also. His name is Micheal Davila.

Surprised he made it that far? After all this time? I wonder why they say that. Hmmmm.

With the rapid thawing and the comments on how fast the river has been moving, I don't know.

They have his dental records, that would be the preliminary way to ID a body but Paul's family is very cooperative, so getting a DNA sample to match with wouldn't be an issue except with time.

In addition to the horrid suspense Paul's friends and family are in, I can't help but feel badly for the poor crew that pulled the remains out of the water....

My heart hurts thinking and waiting on this. These parents are so hopeful and have tried to stay so positive. I guess if Paul has to be gone, this is the best for everyone. But, a big part of me still wishes he would walk through the door for them. I'm sure ypu all feel that way too. So sad....just so sad.

My heart hurts thinking and waiting on this. These parents are so hopeful and have tried to stay so positive. I guess if Paul has to be gone, this is the best for everyone. But, a big part of me still wishes he would walk through the door for them. I'm sure ypu all feel that way too. So sad....just so sad.

Yes. On the other hand, if Paul has passed over, it would be good for his family to be able to take him home and lay him to rest. Either way, I'm praying for them. His Dad broke my heart in the news clips.

Praying and hoping it is/hoping it is not Paul along with the rest of you...I've always believed Paul was in the river and it was just a matter of time. No matter who it is, it will be heartbreaking for someone.

Also, I have been reading along though not posting, I appreciate all the very interesting discussion over the last few weeks. My personal theory remains fluid and I remain open minded to any possibility. The lack of any additional surveillance video beyond that of the one from the Giant Eagle parking lot is what keeps me on the fence given the plethora of cameras along almost every route to any bridge, Getgo, bar, hospital, etc. If he had just walked to the Bridge, there should be video. Why there isn't, I don't know - based on the info I got when I participated in the search in January, police did pull video from many area businesses including the GetGo, Cogo's, the US Steel building near the 10th St. bridge (we asked the security guard whether they had) and nothin else has ever been released. It's very odd. Typically I would expect that police would release any surveillance video that would help find the person as close as possible to the time of the disappearance, so I assume there isn't any.

Anyway one last prayer that the Kochu family gets answers quickly either way.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Haororg
Back