Identified! PA - Philadelphia, 'Boy in the Box', WhtMale 4-6, 4UMPA, Feb'57

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think as many people follow cold cases like we do. It would be different if it was a recent unidentified child whose abuser was likely still alive. The boy in the box would no longer have a living abuser. None of these unidentified cases being solved see much media hype. Either way, hopefully another organization doing similar work to what DDP is doing will take on this case.
They really don’t. I start talking cold cases with friends and I get looked at like I’m a crazy person.

This boy haunts me. I know he is at peace. I know he is fine but the fact that someone could murder this child and then throw him away is horrific.
Of all the things that have been looked at I can’t help but wonder if he wasn’t killed by his father and dumped there because it was so convienient. That road even now that it is built up at night is still scarce. No one is walking on that road.
I can’t believe with all the dna out there he hasn’t been named or connected. I wonder if le has ever checked ancestry dna

This boy haunts me. I know he is at peace. I know he is fine but the fact that someone could murder this child and then throw him away is horrific.
Of all the things that have been looked at I can’t help but wonder if he wasn’t killed by his father and dumped there because it was so convienient. That road even now that it is built up at night is still scarce. No one is walking on that road.
I can’t believe with all the dna out there he hasn’t been named or connected. I wonder if le has ever checked ancestry dna
I think they are doing the DNA stuff now. As in tracing him back I believe? I think the post back in May said DNA was done.

I was listening to the Bear Brooks Murders podcast and they have try to do the GEDMatch in this case but the DNA is bad. It could BE the same in this case with the case is so old that it have to get a good simple
the good news there is new tech they're using in this case where they got get some good DNA

I hope and pray they are working with DNA genealogy relative matches.I just hope and pray any DNA or anything will Identify this sweet little boy.He needs his real name back and on his grave stone.This is so good they are doing DNA.The article says-“New DNA developments and the proliferation of genealogy websites keep the case active. We’re working on DNA evidence and genealogy research and hopefully, I’m convinced, someone knows who that boy is and is going to tell us something,” explained Fleisher.--http://www.fox29.com/news/america-s-unknown-child-remembered-in-cedarbrook

Last edited:
I asked Barbara Rae-Venter for updates on FB. She replied, “The Boy in the Box we got only 0.25 ng of DNA and really needed at least 2 ng for running a SNP array. We ran it anyway since there is no more sample available without exhuming the body. The results are not great as the call rate was low, but we are trying to work with what we have. Slow going and may not be successful. :-(“

Fingers crossed. Sigh.

thread-sneaker-smiley.gif

No more news....
sigh-smiley.gif

Last edited:
I asked Barbara Rae-Venter for updates on FB. She replied, “The Boy in the Box we got only 0.25 ng of DNA and really needed at least 2 ng for running a SNP array. We ran it anyway since there is no more sample available without exhuming the body. The results are not great as the call rate was low, but we are trying to work with what we have. Slow going and may not be successful. :-(“

Fingers crossed. Sigh.

As always Taramarie
5e1c3da5_thankyou.gif
for the inquiry and update... Your the best :)

They exhumed his body in 1998 and retrieved DNA to be used to help solve this case in the future. I was wondering if they could use his DNA to compare against possible family members on the Ancestory DNA sites. What did the DNA tests have to tell about this child? I really believe his DNA could be the answer to solving who this little child is. There is hope, there is always hope.

Did the DNA Doe Project officially state that they won’t take up this case? I understand their rule to not investigate underage John and Jane Doe cases because it’s very likely their family had something to do with their death and so their methods to identify them may seem inethical. But it’s been so long.. I highly doubt his killer (whether they were a relative or not) is still alive.

His case is already being worked on by Barbara Rae Venter (the genealogist who identified Terry Peder Rasmussen and the Golden State Killer). She has said it’s quite difficult due to the degradation of his DNA and she may not be successful, but she is trying. I have a lot of faith in her though. She spent 10,000 hours on the case of Lisa Jensen before she solved it, so she’ll obviously put the effort in. If his case is solvable, she’s the right woman to do it.

They exhumed his body in 1998 and retrieved DNA to be used to help solve this case in the future. I was wondering if they could use his DNA to compare against possible family members on the Ancestory DNA sites. What did the DNA tests have to tell about this child? I really believe his DNA could be the answer to solving who this little child is. There is hope, there is always hope.

Unfortunately, those sites don't allow law enforcement agencies to use their services in that manner for privacy reason, because, ultimately, this is a criminal investigation as well as a baby doe case.
The DNA Doe Project has made it their policy not to take on child cases. So our best bet is patiently waiting for Barbara to do her thing. Even if we inch toward the finish line, it's still progress : ) And we're still way ahead of where we were.

Has anyone heard any recent updates on any possible Relative DNA matches.I pray he can get his real name back soon.

New DNA developments and the proliferation of genealogy websites keep the case active.

“We’re working on DNA evidence and genealogy research and hopefully, I’m convinced, someone knows who that boy is and is going to tell us something,” explained Fleisher

America's Unknown Child remembered in Cedarbrook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member